How does Sup Forums really feel about this record?

How does Sup Forums really feel about this record?

Other urls found in this thread:

m.youtube.com/watch?v=zL5AJHijgag
youtube.com/watch?v=CS_FCbQ-okM

twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Some fantastic songs brought down by tons of filler.
A decent album, but not worthy of half of the praise it receives

Their best

What filler?

Drags a bit too much in the middle at times but overall pretty good.

Niggas need to show some love to Empty Spaces.
m.youtube.com/watch?v=zL5AJHijgag

It has gone down as the quintissential concept album but it kinda fails at being a fully coherent story imo. There is some great music on it though.

How is it not fully coherent?

Filler: The Album

>used to TAOHHHHhhhhhhhk
Or What Shall We Do Now?
youtube.com/watch?v=CS_FCbQ-okM

ONE OF MY TURNS is really funny

a sad teenager that gets made fun of at school

The second half of Empty Spaces is really good too. Is a really cheesy dad rock jam. Empty Spaces reminds me of The Happiest Day of Our Lives and Another Brick in the Wall pt. 2 in how they need each other to sound good with the obvious contrast.

I think it deserves most of its praise. One of the most detailed concept albums I've ever heard, and extremely introspective for Waters to put all of that material out in the open. Great album.

If he'd seen The Wall performed live, he wouldn't hold that opinion.

some great songs, some decent ones, and a large lunch of meh ones

I keep hearing how the album has tons of filler on here, yet I just listened to it b ymyself just now from beginning to end, deeply touched by every piece, I feel weird, sort of hollow as I relate to the concept of becoming what Floyd has became thanks to his walls, the comfortablity of being numb is what I feel right now, I don't know how to describe this feeling. I am not sure if it's good or bad.

I think I feel scared.

Okay, Roger.

I guess I'm just kinda stunned

Was great listening to it while growing up, it opened new musical horizons for me. Everything about is is solid.
With that said, I haven't had the urge to listen to Pink Floyd in about two years. They just don't do anything for me anymore.

It sucks just like every Pink Floyd album released after Obscured by Clouds.

This is probably the best video for Another Brick in The Wall pt 2 that I have ever seen so far......

p o r n h u b .com/view_video.php?viewkey=ph578c0d769ea46

WARNING: NSFW!

Animals*

I never got this. There are only two tracks I'd call filler, and they aren't even that bad.

All tracks on the record benefit to the story one way or another and are good, I don'T get people calling it filler.

average at best

what's a bigger low point child choir or dog

It's a pretty fantastic concept album about not being limited by the walls around you. Still a very relevant album today.

I actually like The Wall more than Animals and Wish You Were Here because of its passion, attention to detail and cohesion. My only real gripe is that the 1st half isn't as fantastic imo, but still great I just think The Wall gets off to a rough start, but as cliche as it is, the album continues to just get better and better from there. It's also nice to hear some of these singles in context with the record, namely Mother and Comfortably Numb.

Disc 1: 8/10
Disc 2: 9/10

Overall: 9.0/10

Good, not great. Way too much filler.