Dragon Ball Z Movies

Why is Dragonball the only series who's movies were better than the actual show?

Which one is your favorite?
inb4 "hurr Sup Forums". Fuck off newfags

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=6i_ylwIG5pY
youtu.be/YiJOem36F1E
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Because the movies have a higher budget than the series.
Also Dead Zone is my favorite DBZ movie.

Movies 1 through 6 were fucking amazing.
7 had its moments but wasn't good.
8 is half good: First half is bad, but the second half is one really cool fight scene.
Skip the rest.

I think it's more than that, because most movies from anime nowadays are shit.

I think it's because other people got to go full 90's with the source material, while Toriyama was focusing on a hero story for young people.

The movies deeper explore the 'mood' that people associate with Dragonball Z.

>Skip Boack, Janemba, Gogeta

Check this pleb

Tie between Fusion Reborn and Broly – Second Coming

Worlds strongest was the best DBZ movie by a huge margin.

I really loved history of trunks since he's my favorite character

I liked Janemba better when he was named Buu.

Which one is your favorite DBZA movie?

Specials like Bardock and History of Trunks count

history of trunks was the best movie anyway

>Gohan kicking Bojack's ass
Fucking great, really made me hype as fuck for seeing how badass Gohan would become in adulthood, especially after seeing Future Gohan in History of Trunks.

I didn't think I could be so disappointed. Then Super happened and I was hurt even more.

I don't know if it was just the dub but the crazy amount of butt-rock in DBZ movies was always awesome. That had to have been the reason why so many AMVs were DBZ and Linkin park as well.

Lord Slug, Bardock, and Dead Zone.

>Oh my god you stole Goku's kid. How?! How did you steal Goku's kid?!
>Well first we beat up his wife.
>Oh my shit.

does super at least have good animation? i'm waiting for the english dub. i watched resurrection f and the fight scenes were actually great and had some good animation. the scene where all the z fighters were kicking the shit out of frieza force was well done

>super
>good animation

A better question would be if it has animation at all.

The first 20+ episodes are fucking awful.

But now its pretty great.

youtube.com/watch?v=6i_ylwIG5pY

Also it has one of the most interesting villains this series including Z,GT and the first one ever had which is pic related

haha holy shit does mai actually end up being trunk's girlfriend?

Gohan fag here, fuck Toriyama. Gohan promised Goku, after killing Cell, that he'd train and get stronger and defend Earth...fuckign Toriyama retconned that shit and made Gohan into an irresponsable retard. Than hyped us with Mystic form to then make him job hard as fuck, then fucking retconned the Mystic Gohan into useless crap that goes away even when it's permanent full potential unleashed

why the fuck does goku sound like an old hag

No, she ends dead

There's a hint he'll get back to training.
But idgaf really, him whining and crying through 100 episodes made me hate the kid tbhfamalam

His voice actress is 70+ years old isn't she

The Broly movies were shit and he's a shit character.

79, yes

wtf really? Why haven't they replaced her with a dude or something

Fun fact.

Broly was supposed to be the last arc of Z but was replaced by Buu.

Which kinda makes me mad becasue the pink gum was fucking awful. Thank god he is almost irrelevant in Z

In Jap replacing someone is shown as disrespectful

Broly is awesome but he has no depht as a character. Even buu had more charisma. I dont think broly could hold an entre saga together.

Being a retard is charisma?

I need to catch up on super. Last one i watched was the end of the touney between the 2 universes. What should I skip so i can catch up?

I'm not talking about just the fat one, even tho he's also part of Buu.

As of right now, in Super he's training with Piccolo while also holding down his job

Go to ep 47.

Actually, he said he wanted to get back to training. But we've seen none of that. Picollo is shown doing Jack shit and gohan hasn't been on screen for months. Maybe adult Trunks can talk some sense into him next episode.

Is there a reference for where the DBZ movies fall on the timeline of the show, even as non-canon as they are?

What's a good site to stream the movies? Preferably Jappy with subs. It's been a while since I saw them and I'm not even sure I've seen them all.

Mi pelicula favorita es la de Broly

youtu.be/YiJOem36F1E

Yeah, I've always liked Brolly, but his whole motivation being that he hates Goku because he cried a lot as a baby isn't very interesting at all.

DBZA is amazing. But I like their Digimon movie abridged the most.

They don't fall into the timeline at all. That's what "non-canon" means.

The only movies that are canon are:
>Battle of Gods
>Resurrection F
>Bardock: Father of Goku
>History of Trunks
>Dead Zone(Debateable. It fits comfortably into the timeline, and the Garlic Jr. Saga is even a continuation of it, but many people argue that the Garlic Jr. Saga isn't canon because it was an addition to the show made well after the show originally aired.)

The crying thing was dumb, but I would be more willing to accept it if they did more to establish Broly as some kind of legendary beast so we could understand him having absolutely no control over his own rage.

You niggas are forgetting based Raichi and Hatchiyack

i watched that movie for the first time for completing that one game that came out like 3 years ago. Not gonna lie, enjoyed the hell out of it.

literally strawberry cell

Kissanime

Did you call?

>Future Mai
>dead
I've got some good news for you, user...