Will an actress EVER be as dedicated to a role as Christian Bale is?

Will an actress EVER be as dedicated to a role as Christian Bale is?

Even in Xmen, Jlaw is a fat fuck playing Mystique. She didn't even TRY and lose weight.

Other urls found in this thread:

bbc.co.uk/cult/farscape/interviews/virginiahey2/page8.shtml
esquire.co.uk/culture/film/news/a9814/why-christian-bale-style-yo-yo-dieting-is-terrible-for-youy/
telegraph.co.uk/film/movie-news/christian-bale-enzo-ferrari-weight-gain/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Dude probably fucked off a few years off his life span with how many times he's lost weight and put it back in short spans of time but you can't but admire him. There is no other actor more dedicated than him, it's just amazing how shitty female actors become once they hit fame, like Kelly C(elulose) for example
Speaking of Bale what's his next project now that he's abandoned making capekino?

Melissa McCarthy gained like 300lbs for the new ghosbusters movie, now that's what I call dediction

Bridget Regan had to have her hair chemically straightened and dyed brown for the role of Kahlan. She was originally a redhead.

There's dedication and then there's pure stupidity.

Who cares? You can be very dedicated to preparing for your role and still put out a miserable performance. Whatever the actor went through to prepare for his role doesn't matter, only what he can portray on screen.

You can now lock this thread janitors nothing posted henceforth will matter.

Upvoted and reblogged

retard

Brilliant! I'm posting this on Reddit as we speak, fellow narwhal!

samefag

Nobody ever mentions this when that pic is posted so I will say it: The Machinist is one of the silliest movies I've ever seen.

Christian Bale has never been blacked though.

Or has he?

ahem

based natnat

>implying actresses aren't just as dedicated as their male counterparts

SEXIST CIS SCUM

>ahem

You think shaving your hair is like Bale in the Machinist?

Come on summer friend...

He wanted to lose even more weight, but they told him not to. He's not sane.

Elektra too. Like this 90 lbs twink is supposed to punch and throw dudes around, I mean c'mon.

I'm more annoyed that they chose an asian chestlet to play a Greek sex bomb ninja.

She's actually a trained martial artist in real life.

Getting skinny is not hard, literally just eat less

Now bulking, that's hard

growing that kind of hair back = several years
regaining bale's weight loss = a few months

ahem, retard?

Bulking is easy when you have access to pharma grade roids and personal trainers.

oh god he looks fucking disgusting. His wife/gf/sidechick must hate whatever movie he's doing this for.

The Machinist came out years ago, what the fuck are you squealing about?

Yeah against other 90 lbs girls. Do you know how weak women are compared to men? Not trying to tip my fedora, it's just true, they're like children. And you can tell by her pictures that she has no muscle mass, so any average guy could overpower her easily.

doesn't matter,bro. He still looks nasty af.

This.

Its still impressive. But that transformation is literally not naturally possible.

When your full time job is to eat and train as much as possible you're pretty easy going.

Oh yes and by that logic getting electrocuted is easier as long as you recover in under 4 weeks.

Virginia Hey kept her head, and eyebrows, shaved down to the skin for nearly 4 years for the role of Zhaan in Farscape.

She also spent hours in the make-up chair every day getting completely covered in blue paint. After a while this affected her kidneys to the point of agony and eventually they broke, and her doctor insisted she be written out of the show.

And just so you can see what she gave up, this is Hey in Mad Max with full hair.

Depending on the thespian, method-acting is GOAT

I never got this pic.

Was the machine gun CGI'd?

He trained pretty hard for John Wick and John Wick 2.

>putting Jlaw in the same breath as Bale

Bale went crazy for that role, in fact he wanted to lose even more weight and they had to tell him to stop.

Just read up on that, sounds like pure idiocy on her behalf and the studio.

I'm 100% positive they could have gone with make up that wasn't going to kill her. Even if it somehow didn't look the same (Something I'm not convinced of) she was a PLANT so her changing colors could have been explained in 1 of 2,498 different ways.

For Bronson, Tom Hardy put on 42 pounds of bulk

He made similar transformations for Bane and whoever he played in Warrior

Yeah, it could be an overreaction, there must've been other options.

Hey has said that she missed her hair and that was also a factor in the decision to leave, so she obviously wasn't forced out.

She still made a huge sacrifice for that role, gave more than any other actor I can think of.

This makes me sad

Charlize Theron in Monster

As opposed to GalGadot can't even put on weight for Wonder Woman. Fucking Hollyjew and their your shape isok actresses.

Wow, stop eating, such a dedication.

Fucking Americans.

>once the studio killed her 2 kidneys they get rid of her
classy

It was a mutual decision and she left on great terms.

bbc.co.uk/cult/farscape/interviews/virginiahey2/page8.shtml

>I always hate it when people use that term, "written out." Zhaan wasn't actually written out, I requested to leave because the make-up was making me very sick.

>I had to lie to a lot of people at conventions when they said "Is Zhaan really dead, and is she coming back?" I had to say "Look, I don't know", and all the time I knew we'd arranged to have Zhaan visit anything up to six visits per season.

>So Zhaan was never really intended to go permanently, it's just that I couldn't be Zhaan every day because the make-up was hurting me.

Excellent? Yes. Dedicated? No. Besides her not wanting to be a film actress, she didn't really sacrifice much else.

Learn more about this film and Dreyer. He was literally torturing her during filming.

Don't you know what thumbs up mean?

You're an idiot.

He risks diabeetus

That's how Tom Hanks got it

esquire.co.uk/culture/film/news/a9814/why-christian-bale-style-yo-yo-dieting-is-terrible-for-youy/

And he refuses to do it again cause he's probably be warned he will get diabeeeeetusssss

telegraph.co.uk/film/movie-news/christian-bale-enzo-ferrari-weight-gain/

Nigga straight up juiced, he finally got caught out doing it for Bane

proofs?

>being this easily rused

Lurk moar, fagets.

The dude bulks, cuts and loses like a madman, though... compare him to actresses like JLaw and Gaydot and he totally blows them out of the water. I remember seeing JLaw in First Class and thinking she wasn't so bad, but she definitely gained since and bitched about the makeup. Gaydot probably put on like 5lb of muscle with a fuckton of resources. There's no excuse when you look at what Bale has done.

You're an idiot.

man that bitch is ugly.

Horrible backne

woman have to lose weight for every role they're in.

Underrated post.

Jared Leto

At the age of 18 Jennifer Jason Leigh, who's also in the Machinist got down to 86 pounds to play an anorexic in a TV movie called The Best Little Girl in the World.

>in a TV movie
no wonder her net worth is only 6 million