Name a band with a more impressive discography and with more influence

Name a band with a more impressive discography and with more influence.

It's impossible.

swans didnt influence shit except shitty sludge and post metal

>influence
As much as I love them, they're not as astronomically influential as you think. They have their crowd of dedicated fans, but the average joe or average music listener probably wouldn't know of this band if you mentioned them

what...corgans other group?

Name a band with a more impressive discography.

changes request

COIL

nigga u gay

>more influence

The Beatles

/thread

Autechre

Melvins
Beatles
Ghost
Sleep
Sun Ra and his Arkestra
Captain Beefheart and his All Magic Band
Crazy Horse

>Captain Beefheart and his All MEME Band
hahahahahahahahah lmao hear yourself out ya thick cunt

If you haven't listened to Mirror Man, lurk more. Although Sup Forums jerks its collective dick on TMR you also cannot ignore its influence.
>hear yourself out
This isn't a phrase. Are all Swansfags this idiotic?

it baffles me how swans has managed to stay 'relevant'. i've been going through their discography out of sheer curiosity

everything pre-children of god is—let's face it—literally the same song over and over, and the children/burning world stuff is so bland and generic and has been done better by countless other groups. if those records were on bandcamp no one would give a shit. i've reached the great annihilator and from what i've sampled it sounds like an improvement, but seriously—does this band ever get fucking good?

the beatles have done literally nothing noteworthy

>teens react to music: the post

>user reacts to bait: the post

good bait, I almost retorted

can't be too sure these days

only good swans albums are soundtracks for the blind and to be kind

>I believe everything Sup Forums tells me because I'm a suggestible faggot unable to think for himself
strange for you to admit this, user

Autechre is the most soulless and bland music I've ever listened to. People who like them have no feelings at all.

King Crimson

Swans are fucking terrible btw, kill yourself nu-male.

>implying post revival swans is good
The seer is alright though

I like their early stuff the most, and I don't think they all sound the same as much as the songs are repetetive

beware of all british duos with anoraks and receding hairlines, they're bound to be shit

desu

Wow these are all embarrassing. None of these even come close, and deep down you know it too.

If you don't think neo-Swans is good, chances are you're a poser. To Be Kind is essentially the same songwriting style as Cop but with different instrumentation.

t b h

The Doors > Can

The Beatles will be acknowledged in a millennium. Swans won't.

The Residents have been making music longer than Swans, are still making music better and more innovative and diverse than Swans, and are capable of expressing more than one emotion unlike Swans (the only emotion Swans can express is anger).

also neo-Swans is garbage, who the fuck wants to listen to 2+ hour long drone/noise rock albums that aren't remotely interesting. the Residents never stretch out a concept longer than they need to, they can construct more ideas in a 2-7 minute song than Swans can in a 30-minute song.

Swans is faux-experimental for people who aren't actually into experimental music.

this
neo-Swans is basically ripping off other post-rock bands and artists and adding mediocre lyrics on top

Radiohead

the fall

We'll all be dead from a nuclear holocaust within the century so Swans will get the last laugh.

>residents
>G O O D
L O L

this desu

I dont if either is better than the other but both are very interesting discogs

>ctrl+f
>no velvet undergound

wtf is wrong with you people

sonic youth

epic shitpost my friend