Looking for a good budget drag racing powerglide. preferably with a trans brake. any suggestions?

looking for a good budget drag racing powerglide. preferably with a trans brake. any suggestions?

yeah, go to /o/.

Ask /o/.... i dont think Sup Forums is the right place

Check out tci transmissions. Or, get a donor off craigslist and build it up. You running a boosted or NA set up?

Do a th400. Way more strength per dollar. I used to be a drag racing transmission builder

Buy TH450, purchase kit for any and all things, be able to find parts in time for next weeks race because X broke, learn to rebuild with wide knowledge base of other DIY racers, be able to part car if needed.

craigslist

na 351w blueprint heads .572 cam.
/o/ didn't even acknowledge me

cant find anything near me ive been looking for months.

ive heard that but nothing beats a glide

see for yourself

have you tried www.goodcransmissions.net

i was also thinking about a t56 but thats alot of conversion work and money

yes

Th400 does. They make a 2 speed th400 kit that has less rotating mass than a glide

really? i didnt know that. thats pretty cool ill look into that

its really expensive man

>budget
>drag Racing

pickone

Also valid, but I'm not selling one of those, so ignore the guy with more experience offering you a cheaper lighter option with the same aftermarket and stuff. . . . He's a new fag and said things about your own faggotry while spinning his vile lies, and I bet he's 14 and never even used a spark plugs hammer in his made up job place.

How much power are you planning on making? Find a junkyard, find an older Chevrolet van, a lot of those have TH400s in them. They can handle a lot, I made 580 wheel on one for a long time, with just a rebuild and nice converter.

how does car stuff even work?

can you just put anything inside anything, like in a computer?

A powerglide might not be the best option on a na 351w. If you can't make the power to push it, a 3 gear trans would be a better option so it doesn't fall on its face in the 60'.