Well? How was it?

what did the audience look like

rating out of 10?

Why haven't you killed yourself yet?

This

Stealing the fifth reply from the gazzele gatherers

Why are you such a faggot OP?

does Harambe get shot?

How many fa/tv/irgins did you see with their hoodies on?

Pretty bad, almost none of the jokes land, the plot is extremely predictable, and the trailers give everything away. That being said for all the commotion made about the heavy-handed feminism, there is actually very little, they never make men look bad or have patriarchy jokes, it's literally ghostbusters, but they're women. The shilling of feminism isn't it's problem, it's problem is that it's unfunny and extremely forgettable.

About a 4/10

Parents with young children and a few teenage boys, the cinema was only 1/3 full.

Because I have no friends, skills, or a will to live.

>they never make men look bad or have patriarchy jokes
I've been hearing that all the men are assholes, pussies, or morons though. Like a school president flipping them off with a double bird and saying things like "I thought I let you off ten years ago" and such. Seems pretty anti-men.

>Pretty bad, almost none of the jokes land, the plot is extremely predictable, and the trailers give everything away.
Did you get any indication on how the rest of the audience felt?

Are you in the UK?

The commotion didn't come out the film being filled with feminism, it came out of feminists being butthurt that the film and the trailer were being rejected completely before the film came out. People didn't really complain about the feminism until fucktards over at places like The Guardian made it about that.

Thanks for your money my goy.

Not really true, the biggest asshole in the movie is that bitchy politician woman, so it's not all anti-men the "ten-years ago" joke has nothing to do with sexism, Wiigs character gets fired from her college because of her belief in ghosts. McCarthy works in a different college that has a paranormal department, she reassures wiig that her college with fund their investigations because they're open-minded and believe paranormal research is a valid field. It then hard cuts to her boss talking to them in an office and he says angrily "wait!, your department is still open? I thought we shut that down ten years ago?" Which is supposed to be humorous as she's been mooching off the uni for years without realising, thinking that they think Paranormal research is a serious field.

Chris Hemsworths character is made to be the most likeable character, he's an idiot but not in a "LOL men are dumb" kinda way, ozy osbourne makes a cameo. Honestly the whole anti-men angle is a bit of a stretch, there is very little "girl power" moments. They never even draw attention to them being women.

There were very little laughs in the audience. The only real laugh that was had throughout the audience, was at the very beginning a tour guide is showing a group of tourists around an old haunted house (the one where wiig gets puked on by the ghost in the trailer.) , he mentions that at the time it was built it had state of the art anti-Irish security fences. We all had a laugh at that. I live in Ireland. Besides that, the only laughs were had by the young children at the slapstick humour throughout. Nobody in the cinema stayed to watch through the credits scenes if that's any indication.

Since this seems to something dividing critics; did the four main leads have any chemistry between them?

Not really, Wiig and McCarthy had chemistry simply because they're the only characters that have a history, but even then it wasn't great, Contrary to popular opinion, I really disliked McKinnons character, I found her to be really forced and her "quirky" level was set to 11, she was weird for the sake of weird and didn't get a single chuckle out of me. The black one wasn't funny either and comes into it about 1/3 the way in. None of the characters playoff each other's personalities like they did in the original. It's like they were assigned a certain character archetype and the humour stems from them being "that" type of person, as opposed to witty banter between each other, the laughs are supposed to come from individual actions of the characters.

>Pretty bad, almost none of the jokes land, the plot is extremely predictable, and the trailers give everything away. That being said for all the commotion made about the heavy-handed feminism, there is actually very little, they never make men look bad or have patriarchy jokes, it's literally ghostbusters, but "they're women. The shilling of feminism isn't it's problem, it's problem is that it's unfunny and extremely forgettable."

I wish all reviews were in this tone.

this is exactly my prediction for the movie. thanks for being a g. You did this so your brothers wouldn't have to. You did a good deed today

Is it true there is a joke involving a dumb delivery man?

I don't know about that, what I know is that chris hemsworth character is a total idiot

How much did you want to die whilst watching it?

How fast do you think you'll forget about this movie. I think my record was literally 6 hours with the recent independence day. I was talking to my brother the day I saw it and literally went, "oh yeah I just saw it"

Yes, there's a really forced joke when McCarthy is ordering a Chinese take away about three times throughout the movie, whenever the delivery man comes and gives her her won-ton soup, there's only one won-ton in it, and she sends him back and berates him for it. In the end when they save the day he turns up and gives her soup that's just all won-tons with very liitle soup to show his appreciation and she says "Look, all I want is a nice soup to win-ton ratio, is that too much to ask?" When testing their weapons earlier in the movie they accidentally blow up his delivery moped, which he give a sad "I have the worst luck ever" expression when he sees it.

Not too much, it's actually quite short and as I said there nothing in it that pissed me off, all the reports of jokes about periods, fucking white males and the patriarchy are either not true, taken out of context or exaggerated. The movies pretty bad though, the jokes are incredibly lame, but I have a high tolerance for shit movies.

Very, Very quickly, it's kinda like the robocop remake, where it's so similar to the original, but just worse in every way, but yet not bad enough to Burn itself into your memory. It's just pointless, and never does anything exceptionally well, or exteptionally badly, it's just a worse version of classic ghostbusters that never needed to be made, it's almost beat for beat the same, just with different locations, less likeable characters, worse jokes, and the ghostbusters ghost instead of stay puft. I'll have forgotten it in two days. In a year I'll have forgot they even remade ghostbusters. In the future they'll be making top 10 lists of "remakes you never realised were made of classic movies" and this will be number 3, and I'll "holy shit, remember when they did that?, what the fuck?". Nobody will remember it in a month.

>seeing this

Is it true that they don't really do much capturing/containing of ghosts, and just kind of blast them with lasers until they explode/fall to the ground?

How are the special effects?

Not OP (maybe he can confirm) but my understanding is the lore is explained as containment, then halfway/two thirds through the movie they just start blowing up ghosts, directly contradicting what they had explained earlier.

Yes, this is mostly true, the only time they capture a ghost, is that scene at the heavy metal concert with the winged demon ghost. They capture that one, then back at base they let it out and it kills Bill Murray (I'm not joking.) They never catch another ghost in the movie. In the end when the bad guy opens a portal into the spirit realm and all the ghosts are unleashed on New York, they go to tomes square and fight them all in a relatively lengthy action sequence with their proton weapons. They never capture any of these ghosts, they just lasso them, swing them to the ground and they disappear. Which makes no sense.

Loving the questions, keep them coming.

>They never catch another ghost in the movie.
>They never capture any of these ghosts, they just lasso them, swing them to the ground and they disappear.

Christ.

Pretty OK, all the ghosts are CGI, which is to be expected, like the other GB's movies, the ghosts look really cartoony and exaggerated, so the CG not looking realistic isn't really a problem. I actually enjoyed the ghosts designs though, they're really colourful. The giant ghostbusters ghost at the end looks like a giant sack cloth, a bit like oogie-boogie from the nightmare before Christmas, and I thought that was an interesting choice.

>They capture that one, then back at base they let it out and it kills Bill Murray (I'm not joking.

Sounds like he finally (sort of) got his wish....

I'm pretty sure he specifically stated he wanted his character killed off so he would never have to be a part of this shit ever again.

>state of the art anti-Irish security fences.

kek

Who do you think the target audience for this movie was?

Is the positive score in RT is justified?

He's not playing his original character though. He's playing a public figure who's sceptical that ghosts exist and is determined to prove the ghostbusters are frauds. He turns up at their apartment and demands proof, they place the trap containing the concert ghost on the ground and open it, they have their proton weapons pointed at it so they can leash it when it comes out, but it opens and nothing happens. The lower their weapons, Bill Murray is like "well, that settles it" and then the ghost shoots out at Murray and throws him through a glass window to his death. Then Chis Hemsworths comes in and dopily says "that man left through the wrong door?" The team looks at him with an "are you kidding me?" Look.

I think it was aimed at young kids indicated by all the low-brow humour, and Ghostbusters fans (even though I think ghostbusters fans would hate it) indicated by all the fan service. I think they made an attempt at making fans like it, but they pulled it off badly.

Not at all. As I said above, for a movie that's supposed to be a comedy, it's really not funny, if you enjoyed the Heat or spy, there's a chance you'll like it as its a similar type of humour, but even then it's not even half as competent as those movies. Very little of the jokes are funny, and with most comedies there are two or three major comedic set pieces with smaller jokes dispersed throughout, here it's just smaller jokes that are rarely funny. So it doesn't accomplish its job as a movie that makes you laugh. As a ghostbusters movie it's just a remake of the first one that's inferior on every level, so what's the point.

It doesn't deserve its positive score on RT, I'd give the movie a 4/10, simply because, while its bad, it's not painfully bad and I never felt any contempt towards it that would warrant a below 40%

What Super Power would you NOT want?

OP here, there's also a scene where Wiigs character gets caught on tape raving about ghosts, and it gets put on youtube and it goes viral, they read the comments and it says something around the lines of "ghostbusters, more like ghostbitches." , which is an obvious reference to the less than stellar reception the movies initial trailer got.

how about you faggot post your ticket as proof?

One that would make me so all-powerful and borderline omnipotent, that I wouldn't be able to enjoy anything as I'd know deep down that every second I wasn't using my powers to save people I would essentially be killing people through neglect. You couldn't enjoy anything, want to relax and watch tv? There are people dying all over the world and you are condemning them to death, which makes you a bad person.

That would suck.

>Bill Murray is like "well, that settles it" and then the ghost shoots out at Murray and throws him through a glass window to his death.

That sounds like a good metaphor for how they are treating the Ghostbusters IP

Why would I lie? It came out today. Trust me, everything said here is 100% true, when more people see it, you'll know this is all true.

>They kill the final boss with all four of the stronk womyn shooting him in the dicks with their proton packs.

Nope, no misandry here!

Ghostbusters!

Do you think there will be a 'Ghostbusters Universe' based off of this movie's success?

is paul feig gay?

If it makes enough money

Might as well be

My god Leslie Jones looks horrific.

Doesn't he hate all men because his dad walked out on him?

Was she just a stereotypical black woman throughout the whole movie?

Did that ever get annoying?

His dad never walked out on him he's just a huge momma's boy pussy to the nth degree.

How many people laughed and how many sounded like cackling women?

One last question. Is anyone here going to see this? Like, is this on your 'to do' list?

"Oh I just have to check this out!"

Whom among us feels that way?

Please let it be known.

A friend of mine is a girl, and a huge ghostbuster fan and definitely going to go see it. However, it's because McKinnon's character is so over the top quirky it appeals to her (as someone who is legit quirky)
My sister wants to see it too, but she doesn't have high expectations. She's more excited for AbFab.

Other than that, I know of no one who's going to see it.

My wife is more interested in Suicide Squad than Ghostbusters, and she doesn't read comics.

Based Murray probably added this.

He's a follower of Christian Science so he obviously pretends he doesn't have those urges or can pray the gay away.
But the man is fucking gay. Like so obvious Ray Charles can see it and he's dead. Like Jim Parsons coming out and surprising no one gay.

I will only watch it if this girl I have a crush on wants to watch it but if she does it will be weeks from now because we'd only go to the local small town cinema where the ticket is super cheap, if they ever even show this movie at all

>I will only watch it if this girl I have a crush
What are you a kid?
Fucking man up and just ask her out on a date or fuck off with that secret crush Doug Funnie shit.

Whats your age? Whats your sexuality? How much do you enjoy original Ghostbuster movies and how well do you know them?

Is there anything genuinely creepy? A lot of the shit in Sigourney Weaver's apartment, especially the fridge scene scared me to death when I was a kid and it still really creeps me out.

>being this autistic

I haven't met a single person in Hong Kong who is the least bit interested. They don't even know what's happening with the franchise until I tell them and they're all like 'Get the fuck out of here!'.

Not only is no one in Hong Kong going to see it, most people don't even fucking believe it.

This thing is going to fall on its ass so hard it will forever be known as the number one franchise wrecker in Hollywood history.

Shit it.

Go to the theatre for this? No. I'm curous enough to pirate the BD/webDL and try to watch it though, that's on my to do list.

how does it feel being a nu-male manchild

Its so odd that a movie like this to be so mediocre. Its fine that they didn't take a stance, but then what was the point. Everyone wanted to believe it wasn't just a cashgrab but in the end thats all it was. I won't see the movie, although I probably was never going to see the movie unless it got suprisingly good reviews, which it didn't.

>The shilling of feminism isn't it's problem, it's problem is that it's unfunny and extremely forgettable.

That was what I thought was going to be the case from day 1

I was never crazy about ghostbusters but the guy in the painting creeped me out as a kid

Was is rape?

He's a fag for sure.

He agreed with Heigl about knocked up, and complained superbad was a "bullying" movie.

Appointed himself the feminist director for females since there are no competent female directors.

yeah, but with a budget that low, they can afford to flop in the asian market.

Checked.

And I will bet dollars to donuts you won't be able to sit through the whole thing.

Have you seen the best parts already, like everyone else here?

This film is going to be complete dogshit.

One Semi-Hollywood star, One SNL alumni (Wiig), and a hardcore nigger and a hardcore dyke.

GHOSTBUSTERS! JUST LIKE EVERYONE REMEMBERS!

Think about it. This thing is going to crash and burn so bad we won't be allowed to talk about it.

It will be that bad.

Yeah not being a fucking puss with oneitis is autistic.
Keep being a weak willing bitch junior you'll go far. .

I know this is marketed for children so did it have any raunchy jokes? They had that shot of Mckinnon suggestively licking her guns in the trailer.

The fact they had these cunts doing hospital visits before the movie was even finished, before it was even out, is disgusting.

>spawn camping.png

There's almost half a billion into this movie already.

No sweat to be sure!

>Keep being a weak willing bitch junior you'll go far.
Paul Feig sure did

>weak willing
You made a typo
Now I'm the victor

Nah, he hates men because he thinks being bullied during childhood is male-bonding.

Jones and Mckinnon are on the current SNL roster. Mckinnon is their best cast member right now. She doesn't just have one character they recycle over and over like with Wiig. But Jones is either a sassy black woman, or a sensible black woman paired with a white asshole in all her appearances.

I was extremely disappointed as a small child when I went to the library to read more about Vigo the Carpathian

Well the kids put up "who you gonna call?" posters on their windows near where they were shooting.

I bet the guy in that picture regrets making such a stupid gesture with his hands.

I'm with user the other user need to make his move. I don't see anything wrong with that.

jones is finally fired for being a skit killer. the only thing she never messed up was when she just ranted on weekend update, which was never funny

Is there really a bee gees dance possession scene with all Police officers and is it as fucking shite as it sounds?

It has been one horrible horrible decision after another. I can't believe they went ahead with the release.

The Sony Leaks showed all the sneaky shit behind the scenes between Feig and Amy Pascal.

They took a Godlike franchise and turned it to complete and utter shit.

GHOSTBUSTERS ARE NOW SOCIAL JUSTICE WARRIORS! YAYYY!

The funny thing is that they centered the whole thing around some huge dance scene that involved all of New York, and the ghosts, doing a big old boogie dance to an old Bee Gees song. That was going to be the highlight of the movie!

Everyone dancing and shucking and jiving! Everyone in New York. It's going to be so great!

Kek. Let me know how that works out.

>They took a Godlike franchise and turned it to complete and utter shit.

Yeah, with Ghostbusters 2. This movie may be mediocre, but 2 was just awful

How much did the feminazis pay to say it was okay instead of the worst movie ever?
Did they threaten to call you sexist at the start or the end of the film?
How were the showers?
What did you bring to eat?

It's true. This man has no dick.

I think I want to put my dick in her. She's astoundingly scary. But I think, I want to put my dick in her.

I don't know, mang, maybe it's the no fap, maybe it's the abstinence until marriage, maybe it's the heat.

She failed multiple auditions but they cast her anyway because of the diversity backlash. SNL has never had a Latino or Asian cast member in 40 years. But people only care about blacks and gays. t Lorne begged Keenan to stay because he didn't want to replace him with another black guy.

No one's talking about making a move.
My only point was that the only reason I'd put up with watching this movie was if that girl wanted to see it with me.
I'm not actually deciding my only "move" would be "hey wanna go see that ghostbusters movie where they are all girls with me?"

>it's just a worse version of classic ghostbusters that never needed to be made

Sounds like everything I was expecting. Glad I chose not to watch it because it doesn't sound like I'm missing much..

And sequels always suck.

No more good movies! We need to build franchises.

>Hollywoodland

Jokes on Bill, if this shit gets a second instalment the lawyers will have him back as a ghost comedy injection. There's no way out Bill, you'll need to ironically an hero to avoid the call.

Now, My tolerance is is that I like most of Sandlers work and Pixels was utter crap, but it had a pseudo Ghostbusters feel.

Would you say its worse, equal or better than Pixels?

I wanted to see Pixels, ended up streaming it and was glad I didnt pay the money.