What did u think about this movie?

what did u think about this movie?

I liked it a lot, let the midnight special shine a light oooon me!

Fucking loved the superimposed dimension on this planet, I think if there is other life out there it's just on a different vibration, right here (and elsewhere).

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Lrj5Kxdzouc
youtu.be/OrCxFME1lVg
youtube.com/watch?v=dX3k_QDnzHE
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Hated it

>it ain't me starts playing

It was like a really long music video, in a good way
Feel like the story was a bit lacking in areas though

not enough boombooms kiddo?

I thought it was alright, but I don't know if it took full advantage of the premise. I think they could've done a lot more with the cult/religion on the compound. Also I thought just having him leave and then everything disappearing was kind of lame.

Yeah could have used some more here and there perhaps, but it worked andgood vibe throughout imo

There's aliens in your living room right now on another frequency

It was very interesting, but I felt bad for taking my friend to see it.

It was like the last half of an 80s movie, which would be have fine if it didn't end so.... stupidly.

the boy was saved, it was a perfect ending

Bothered by the touch of pretentious mormonism

The boy gets to the single spot he needs to get to, but then a huge bubble opens up just so there can be pointless spectacle with badly designed "alien buildings".

And then his dad is weird too now because it's a "wow" ending.

No it was shit sorry
I'd rather watch E.T again.

It's a really great song

youtube.com/watch?v=Lrj5Kxdzouc

thought it was pretty good at the start when i had no idea what was happening then it just got retarded, i did not like the ending one bit no sir

I wish the Shan would get more leading-man roles. He actually has a huge amount of charisma, they always just cast him as the creepy villain because "omg his face looks so weird xD"

this version is better
youtu.be/OrCxFME1lVg

yeah he's great, i looked up his other roles and he's in all the movies by this director with fairly good imdb ratings so gonna check em all out, he was good in boardwalk empire too

I think he's the villain in Del Toro's next movie

He's the lead in all of Nichols' movies except Mud, which is his worst. Shotgun Stories is great, Take Shelter is GOAT

def watch other jeff nichols other films my man they're very good better than this in my opinion

I'm borderline Nichols fanboy but this fell flat sadly.

"Knowing" with Nic Cage and Rose Byrne was unironically better and more satisfying.

yep dling them tonight

i like em both

This was a bit disappointing for me. It's certainly not a bad film, but it felt like they could have done a lot more with the cast and crew they had.

It starts really solidly, the first third of the film is great and got me really excited to find out what happens. Then from basically the 'sunrise' scene onwards the film just seemed to lose all its momentum, and tension, and dither around. From that point onwards it just felt like it was a done deal that the kid was going to get to his destination on time. Also I don't think anybody even dies in this film at all, which is astounding considering there's something like three shoutouts during the course of the movie.

It had its good parts, and I really tried to convince myself I liked it afterwards because I love Michael Shannon and Jeff Nichols, but overall it fell flat. Worth watching once, but no more than that.

It did feel a little like a really long M83 music video, which was kind of neat.

As huge fan of Nichols' films I was really looking forward to this and was soundly disappointed. It was just a whole bunch of nothing.

Did anyone else laugh at pic related?

what's funny about it

pretty sure OP is Michael Shannon

bait?

anways...
I just watched The Harvest today. Michael Shannon is pretty much the same in every movie, huh? Take Shelter, too

I liked it. Will watch again. thicc kirsten dunst is very sexy

ripoff of that m83 song

youtube.com/watch?v=dX3k_QDnzHE

Beautifully shot, actors knocked it out of the ballpark, smart use of interviews and little exposition to keep the audience and protagonists equally in the dark.

Downside? The story clearly was cooked up on a whim without a clear idea of where it would go. The ending thus felt unconvincing.