>My grade atm is an A, but some grades havent been put in yet
>I plan on taking the LSAT
>I actually hate mathematics, but I am good at it
>Im double majoring in Philosophy alongside Math 55

Other urls found in this thread:

math.harvard.edu/~elkies/M55a.16/h1.pdf
arxiv.org/ftp/cs/papers/0703/0703002.pdf
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Post a screen shot of your syllabus and/or a screen shot of your online "black board" or whatever system you use to access class announcements or assignments

Do you get beat up by the cool kids in the science department?

How many abelian groups G of order 256 are there (up to isomorphism) with the property that x4=e for all x∈G?

math.harvard.edu/~elkies/M55a.16/h1.pdf

The syllabus is available on the Harvard website.

No, Harvard is no good for science anyway. Thats more MIT or CalTech ( both of which I got accepted to )

School is for losers.

Impossible to determine with total accuracy.

I agree.

given a linear system why is that when considering it as a system of equations the notion of direction is associated with the variables, yet when considering the same system as a linear combination of vectors the direction is stored in the vectors themselves, and what were the coefficients of the system of equations become scalers for the vectors? I mean i know they both share the same solution set, but here me out.

suppose we have a linear system of three equations in three variables where each equation is of the form (a_i)x + (b_i)y + (c_i)z = d_i. For an ideal example, lets suppose they are linearly independent and represent three distinct planes in R^3. In the context of the system representing planes in space, it seems to me that dimension/direction is sort of "stored" in the variables x, y and z. Considering the system as a linear combination of vectors, the coefficients associated with any one variable make a column vector; for example, for variable x lets call the vector v_1 = . The vector equation associated with the system would then be xv_1 + yv_2 + zv_3 = . In this context it seems as though dimension/direction is stored in the vectors, and the variables x,y, and z now just scale them.

its even more strange to me that we can express plane in the hypothetical system above as a vector combination in R^3 as well.

Prove there are no simple groups of order 132.

When did you first realize you were a math pro?

How do i know when to differentiate between -1^2 and (-1)^2

advanced autism

Can you help me with my linear algebra hw atm?

When I could analyse this equation.

no you're probably just a brainlet

kek wow am i stoned, this
was meant for
obviously my mental state is compromised, plus its been a couple years since i've taken the course, but i will try to help you

1. Are you considered good looking?
2. Can you initiate a meaningful conversation?
4. male or female?
5. As a child did you feel different from others, how so?
6. Are you searching for something no one else has found/ understood?
7. How old are you?
8. If offered a seat on the konwing table would you join?
9. How old are your parents?
11. Is suicide an option for you?

. Are you considered good looking?
. Can you initiate a meaningful conversation?
. male or female?
. As a child did you feel different from others, how so?
. Are you searching for something no one else has found/ understood?
. How old are you?
. If offered a seat on the konwing table would you join?
. How old are your parents?
. Is suicide an option for you?

What do you think of pursuing a post-degree in mathematics from a medical degree? Do you think there's future in the field of mathematical-medicine, like computational neurosciences?

Not him, and i'm definitely no expert, but yes i do think it will play a substantial role. Check this out:

arxiv.org/ftp/cs/papers/0703/0703002.pdf

>arxiv.org/ftp/cs/papers/0703/0703002.pdf
Wow, thanks user! I've been thinking on taking something like that rather than spending my life on a hospital, but idk if it's a shot worth trying

I actually went down a similar path. I was actually about half way through a master's in biology (genetics) before I decided I wanted to work in something more math oriented. I grew to despise working in the lab, but enjoyed analyzing the data. I'm not about to wrap up a math bachelor's and statistics minor.

Faggots who couldn't get into college

whats your favorite fast food

Dope, I'm thinking if the LSAT as well, I'm shit at math tho.

Why fucking philosophy? I know it's interesting, but uni courses are garbage for it lol.

lol should say "i am about to wrap up..."

I was at first decided to study Astrophysics, but I took an EMT course and decided at the end to give it a go on Medicine; now I like my career but only the theoretical part lol; and recently I discovered that this existed

So are you going to start all over again? Isn't there a program that puts both disciplines together, like a Masters on Research or something like that?

I am so shitty at math, but have a 4.0 in every class but my math grade is at a 2.0. Will I pass this year of schooling and am I retarded?

You probably just never learned the fundamentals properly. Math doesn't really start getting difficult until you have to do proofs.

hows the math teacher job market looking?

How does it feel to know you have a good future ahead?
Serious question

yeah you're very right, 3 of my years my math teachers usually didn't teach the entire class anything

Lol you're not the only one ; in my high-school I had a teacher that when a couple of friends asked him the logic or how does that result culd be interpreted he replied 'trust me guys, I know this'