ITT: movies that lazy teachers made you watch in grade school

ITT: movies that lazy teachers made you watch in grade school

Horton Hears a Who
The SpongeBob Christmas Episode
Eagle Eye

The Crucible but that movie was awesome.

ghandi took a whole week

2 movies we were always shown were October Sky and Freedom Writers. October Sky is really good, but Freedom Writers is a bunch of shit.

We also got shown Payu it Forward a couple of times and that was also a bunch of shit.

We're Back! A Dinosaur's Story

Hello fellow student of mcgibbon

Master and Commander
Thirteen Days

health class

needless to say, several niggers ended up in tears

>10th grade history
>studying the American Revolution
>teacher is like 25, pretty chill
>he decides to show us The Patriot because the marking period was wrapping up
>only get through the first 45 minutes one class
>come back the next day to gleefully watch more Mel Gibson killing redcoat scum
>someone ratted him out and he got in trouble
>we just got a head's start on the next chapter instead

I wonder to this day why someone would do that.

october sky. Every fucking year it was october sky. Homer will always a disappointment to his father

I took Sociology. The teacher was some douchebag former fratboy chad who was just out of college and he couldn't teach for shit. We watched movies literally everyday. We watched

Mean Girls
The Breakfast Club
The God's Must Be Crazy
Castaway
Joe Dirt
A whole season of Survivor minus the season finale

why are you guys acting like getting shown movies during school was a bad thing?

Three fucking times.

On golden pond
Ladyhawke

>A Bridge Too Far
>Wind Talkers

I took the class because I liked the material and I even liked the movies she chose since there were kino as fuck but she was a bitch and her "tests" were shitty and required you to know very specific details of the movie that even while I was paying attention and dumb basketball americans making jokes the whole time and fell asleep magically passed.

God I hated high school. Thank god Darren Mc"sitonmyassandgetshovedthroughhighschool"Fadden got through though.

October Sky
Remember the Titans
Stand and Deliver

Why does this poster look like the animorphs stuff?

Our English literature teacher showed us the R-rated extended cut of King Arthur as an example of Arthurian lore and heroic poetry. It was awesome.

The geometry teacher had to cease his class for us to finish the movie and got pretty butthurt, which was a plus.

Jesus Christ, get over it faggot.

>And what are you? So full of hate you want to go out and fight everybody! Because you've been whipped and chased by hounds. Well that might not be living, but it sure as hell ain't dying. And dying's been what these white boys have been doing for going on three years now! Dying by the thousands! Dying for *you*, fool! I know, 'cause I dug the graves. And all this time I keep askin' myself, when, O Lord, when it's gonna be our time? Gonna come a time when we all gonna hafta ante up. Ante up and kick in like men. LIKE MEN! You watch who you call a nigger! If there's any niggers around here, it's YOU. Just a smart-mouthed, stupid-ass, swamp-runnin' nigger! And if you not careful, that's all you ever gonna be!

I am over it. Just taking the piss out of it all. Let me breathe, nigga.

For class

>Traffic
>Crash
>Remember the Titans
>King Arthur
>Meet Joe Black

For fun

>Spider-Man 3
>Iron Man
>Friends with Benefits
>Sherlock Holmes
>The Matrix Reloaded
>The Skeleton Key
>A bunch of Harry Potter movies

School was pretty fun.

Anyone else have to get permission slips signed to watch these movies?

I went to a Christian school.

>The Crucible
>Boy is Striped Pijamas
>Cast Away
>Remember the Titans

Wtf, same here. Why are all schools the same?

Mine too here. Vera Fermiga made my willy feel nice though

Simpsons christmad episode

Nightmare before Christmas

Remember the titans

October skies

Hey I watched that too. I love that movie!

The Wave
Lorenzo's Oil
Shakespeare in Love
White Fang
The Pianist

I remember this happening a few times for R-rated movies, but then I had some teachers that just didn't give a shit

Best movie in this thread

>philosophy teacher picked 2001 over blade runner

Albeit with instruction on which parts weren't historically accurate.

yep, watched this in school. regardless, it's a brilliant film.

>lazy teachers
Hungover teachers user.

Bueller is the worst part unfortunately, I think the movie would be much better with just supplanting him with literally any other actor.

he's so lifeless.

history was still boring af

Dr. Strangelove for AP us history.

We begged for it, actually.

what is it about history teachers and drinking? I can count at least a dozen times in high school where a morning history teacher had a class where he drew the shades for some reason.

Because Sup Forums is the kind of fag that reminded the teacher to assign homework.

oh god dammit it's this isn't it? half of you faggots where that guy
>Miss Clarence?! Miss Clarence! I think you forgot to assign us homework!
>Miss Clarence!? I believe you were supposed to collect our papers today! Miss Clarence?!

I'm Norwegian and in our German class in middle school we watched Run Lola Run and Das Boot.

3 FUCKING TIMES

>philosophy teacher picked 2001 over blade runner

Heh, my brother is a teacher and he does this shit.

>out drinking with him
>getting late
>"hey don't you have work tomorrow?"
>"fuck those little shits! I'll just play a movie."

saw october sky in the theaters as a kid, then saw it again at school in like, 6th grade. i think october sky was the first "real" movie that i was blown away by. haven't seen it since 6th grade, though.

Because being a history teacher is the kind of job that attracts a special kind of least-effort individual.

Math and science you might have to know something, and english/lit is for ladies and homos generally speaking.

>tfw every history class watched this in eighth grade except mine because the teacher knew he sucked and didn't want to go through the hassle of permission slips

>Stand and Deliver
I had to watch this twice and nothing has been able to cure my boredom since. I got excited when he had the heart attack because I thought the movie was over.

...so the whole thing?

Was in a class of all seniors except one junior and we convinced a substitute in law class to put on Troy just because the DVD was in the room. That was pretty great.

Junior year every class had to read The Great Gatsby. Based teacher let us watch the movie instead.

>God I hated high school
that's apparent by your horrendous run on sentence. good lord

SOME OF US ARE HERE TO LEARN!

I'll never watch this again

School of Rock

I swear it was like the only fucking movie our band teacher had. We watched it like 15 times.

No. And our teacher even paused the video of romeo and juliet to make sure we knew we were about to see tits, and that they belonged to a 15 year old girl, and that it is totally okay because this is school.

Surprised more people haven't said this yet.
It was literally school, the film.

Also
>Gattaca
>The Patriot
>the first fifteen/twenty minutes of Amistad
>The Crucible
>Much Ado About Nothing
>a few parts of JFK
>Apocalypse Now

And... I shit you not
>The Island

What I wish we watched in school
>The Killing Fields
>The Mission
>A Man for All Seasons

Watched this in US History during my freshman year of college. Prof said it's his favorite movie.

>the beta kid ran around the rest of the day asking everyone what they thought about the tits
That was actually hilarious because our teacher said there would be nudity, but not what kind. One chick raised her hand and said, "Is it ass? 'Cause lady ass is fine, but I'd rather it not be man ass."
"Oh great, it's man ass."
Freshman English, man.

We had to choose between this one, Mr. Holland's Opus, and Music of the Heart in orchestra class.

Imagine a the giggle levels of a room full of sixth graders when he's putting his face in boobies and calling that girl a shitwit.

my history teacher showed us
Enemy at the Gates
Zulu
Bridge on the River Kwai
and a few others I can't quite remember (maybe Das Boot or Red October, and bits of Saving Private Ryan).
He was actually a very challenging teacher but also my favorite high school teacher by far. He was in the CIA (just a desk job) during most of the cold war and wasn't afraid to call out the bullshit in our textbooks on the rare occasions he used them. He had all of us read the 9/11 commission report in it's entirety for homework. I wish there were more teachers and professors like him

>The Killing Fields
>mfw I found out Haing Ngor was an actual survivor of that shit show

>Teacher tries to teach us recorder flute
>Says we need to practice at home
>None of our parents were having that shit
>Teacher gave up and put School of Rock on twice before the end of the school year
Music class was a mistake

I remember our teacher showed us some drama movie about a teenager in a wheelchair who had some terminal illness, and his friends took him to a prostitute who had a great set of tits. Teacher just joked about it. I think it was with Leonardo Dicaprio. Anyone knows the name of this movie?

You think it was worth it?

Really kills the ending when you find out they were repeatedly sent back to the camps.

>Couldn't rememeber what it was called
>Typed in "movie about guy voting for president"
Google is a magical thing

ayyy same here m8

we also watched the truman show in a psychology class which was pretty cool

Me too but it was in my lit class of all things.

>Permission slips

Do Americans really do this? Here the teacher just warns us the might might have graphic shit and whoever is jumpy is free to leave.

Only time was for Schindler's List

I did if it was rated r or pg-13 when i was in middle school. Though my school had mormons and quakers who's parents would have thrown actual hissy fits.

I wish my teachers let me watch Eagle Eye senpai its essential Shiacore.

Yeah I had to watch The Island for a class when the teacher was out

>Teacher wants to show us Paul Haggis' Crash, the movie about racism.
>Asks some friend to download the movie
>Doesn't bother to check
>Puts in the player
>The guy downloaded David Cronenberg's Crash, the movie about people that fetishize car crashes

That was a fun day.

Watched Apocalypse Now once in a college politics course.

I can't even remember why, but fuck yeah it was the director's cut.

>IS THE LAW ON OUR SIDE IF I SAY 'I'?!

NO

I miss Humourist Michael Moore. He made that gay Columbine movie and was never the same.

I went to a christian school so we watched a movie about a couple of hillbilly sherrif dealing with their faith, dead daughter, and helping a jobless spic.

Forgot the title but has anybody here watched it?

Haven't seen Cronenberg's version, but it probably was better than Haggis'.

That film was utter shit.

Crash was terrible, it didn't deserve the Oscar at all. If it were any more ham-fisted it would have been Satrielle's from The Sopranos.

This.
For fuck's sake I think Brokeback Mountain is overrated and didn't deserve all its praise... but even IT was a better film than Crash (Capote was better than both though imho).

>I was bruised and battered.

Always, every fucking time, it was The Brave Little Toaster. I have seen it so many fucking times at this point and I hate it. I hate that smug little toaster fuck and that pansy blanket douchebag and that lamp and radio that never shut the fuck up. God they piss me off. The only one I could ever stand was the fucking vacuum only because he was a dick to the other appliances sometimes, but even then he was still annoying. The only joy I get from that movie is the fact that I'm sure by now, they're all scrap metal. Fuck The Brave Little Toaster.

>mfw my Social Studies teacher showed us Zulu when we were learning about imperialism

man, he was based

I watched The Year of Living Dangerously in an AP history class. It's a great movie if you haven't seen it. Great Mel Gibson movie

Apocalypto

A high school is an appropriate place to see 15-yo tits, you don't need a permission slip

;_;

>fuck the one and only reason the Toy Story franchise was conceived

Good work.

>hating the Brave Little Toaster
WHAT IN THE FUCKING HELL IS YOUR PROBLEM?!

History professor, can confirm that we're pretty much all alcoholics. A lot of us homebrew. So do the folks in the philosophy department. Can't explain it to you though.

>DO YOU BITE YOUR THUMB AT US SIR

if my teacher showed me the 1996 Romeo and Juliet with Dicaprio, I'd have taken the reading of the book seriously.

But, I didnt.

Not that user, but Toy Story is overrated. Plus the fanbase is obnoxious as all hell.

Also the ending to TS3 is literally ripped off from "Toaster".

History teachers know a lot, but unfortunately all people want to hear is shit which confirms their own biases. History as a profession, from academia to museum work, is one of the more high-effort/low-reward career paths one can engage in. You do it because you love it.

I suppose you could argue high school history teachers have it easy but outside that, it is DEFINITELY not a low effort thing.

>blade runner over 2001, kill yourself faggot

maybe hes like me and hates the sunlight in general. I'm a night owl

I have never read a shittier book in my life. Peck's monologue was the only good part of the movie.

This is considered so culturally significant in America that schools require it.

>calls TS trilogy overrated
>doesn't mention the sploogefest of quality CGI animation brought forth from Toy Story's penis.

Brave Little Toaster is the slightly retarded grandfather of Pixar and animation as we know it