THIS. So much yes

THIS. So much yes.

inb4 Remission wuz better
die. grow up. stop being a faggot.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=C4G3_D1uJ5I
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Mastodon sucks. Blood and thunder is their only good song and even that is just a repetitive riff that happens to be halfway decent

>Sultan's curse
>Steambreather
>Word to the Wise
>Ancient Kingdom
>Clandestiny
>Scorpion
>Jaguar God

Its good so far but crack the sky won't be topped

Can't find it on their bandcamp, where is it?

>forghetti tasty andromeda

Such a good album, I'm glad to hear how they've progressed and matured as a band.

youtube.com/watch?v=C4G3_D1uJ5I

they make butt rock, Leviathan was their best and it's been downhill ever since

>Listen to it once
>Go back to blood mountain

I wish that Mastodon would redeem themselves.

whered u get this picture of me

blood mountain is pleb you pleb. you should be a patrician music listener like me

What is Sultans' curse anyway? inlaws? burnt toast? idk

Is it bad that I'm liking this more than once more round the sun?

Same. This album is already making me retroactively like OMRTS less

god I hate modern American metal
where are bands like Morbid Angel?

it's fucking trash

their last album was one of their best. I don't understand how they got so bad so quickly

it's like you got a bunch of sessions musicians together to write a sounds like Mastodon album. it doesn't have any of the soul, awesome riffs or catchiness of the previous albums. it's so forgettable and totally uninspired. Precious Stones is the only decent track. Psychedelic Brent was always one of the best parts of Mastodon

Great fucking album

sounds like theyre having fun

Is Jaguar God Brent's best solo ever?

Probably.

on par with oblivion solo

what a weird question. it's pretty much universally agreed that once more round the sun is their worst album so of course this emperor of sand is better than it. great album

Much better than both The Hunter and OMRTS. Didn't top Crack the Skye, but it seems they got some groove back that seemed to have kinda lost. A shame Show Yourself is a thing

t. Pantera fan

It was good but i much prefer the side project gone is gone troy did, which was also released this year.

wew, never heard of this one
are you sure it's mastodon bassist's act and not one with similar name?

Yes, also members from QOTSA and at the drive in

i liked once more a lot

the consensus is that hunter is the worst, but it still has some great songs on it.

It's like how the old saying goes, omrts and hunter have some great songs, but they aren't the best mastodon songs.

That's weird because they've said it's about all the shitty stuff that's happened to them over the past two years.

>liking Mastodon
being 15 was a good time when i think about it
enjoy it while you can OP

it's pretty bad in all honesty

BORING

Tell me about your mature taste for mature young adults like yourself

It's weird how perfectly mastodon's career has imitated metallica's career 20 years on.

>edgy raw debut with a punky sort of energy, hailed as their best work by the trvest fans
>2nd album progresses this sound with much better songwriting, widely regaded as their masterpiece
>3rd album consolidates this sound, plebs love it but it's regarded as a lesser retread of the 2nd by people who know their shit
>4th album goes full prog with long-ass songs and more technical playing. true patricians know this is actually their best
>from 5th album onwards they go full corporate buttrock and start trying to write pop metal 'anthems' for the radio

Even the dates pretty much match, just 20 years on. Looking forward to their total breakdown as a band in the early-mid 2020's, their next album could be historically awful.

It's weird how you feel the need to say the same thing every thread

The fuck are you talking about I've never said this and I haven't even posted in a Mastodon thread for years

Last three songs are greatness. Middle tracks are middle of the road. First two are garbage.

Wish they'd stop trying to be 70s heavy metal.

>3rd album consolidates this sound, plebs love it but it's regarded as a lesser retread of the 2nd by people who know their shit
except that blood mountain is actually better and more creative than leviathan

Why is Show Yourself so bad lads? It just doesn't sound like them.

I'm enjoying it somewhat, but I don't think any Mastodon album can ever give me the boner I got while listening to Crack the Skye for the first time.

>Sultan's Curse is garbage

them fighting words.
I agree with you on Show Yourself, that's fucking awful

You're not a visionary, a shitload of other people also posted that meme before. Also Emperor of Sand is very far from being corporate buttrock

It sounds like something along the lines of QOTSA, except a bit heavier. It actually has some net cord progressions, but I agree it's by far the worst song

>You're not a visionary
Good thing I never claimed to be then!

>Also Emperor of Sand is very far from being corporate buttrock
kek

the only reason half these tunes wouldn't sound out of place on a 70s cock rock comp is that the songwriting is much worse than most of those bands were

They're bad because they took away the things that made them special and made an intentional effort to make 70s heavy metal since the Hunter.

They aren't good at writing those types of songs, and they are boring af.

You can't claims like that, and not show evidence. Post links of 70s buttrock that sound like Emperor of Sand songs

post links that don't

BRANNS VOCALS IN ROOTS REMAIN

You're the one who made the initial claim, burden of proof is on you. Since you only tried to deflect the burden of proof, I can write you off as a shitty troll

i didn't, i am but yes i am a shitty troll.

i wanna see everything you're made of!

I love this album, it feels like a culmination of everything else they've released to date.

Steambreather best track.

show urself

>mastodon

>Hating on Rust in Peace, Astronoid and Mastodon's best album

Edgelords aren't even trying anymore...

>astronoid

scenecore shite, you should check out pierce the veil and sleeping with sirens if you like them

what to expect from new fags man no talent at all

>Tfw metal has become an elitist dick measuring contest where everyone tries to show off how kvlt they are

God forbid a metal band should try new things and/or be commercially successfully.

read the interviews, it's about cancer

why do mastodon fanboys always argue that deciding to make radio rock is somehow an evolution of their sound?

lofuckingl if you think that AJFA is metallica's best

Will do, thanks for the recommendation.

Metal has literally always been like this mate

He wouldn't know as he only listens to the "intelligent" and "acceptable" metal in

This album is fucking trash. The lyrics are worse than ever, and there's nothing memorable past the second track

Depends on who you talk to, really.

I find that the "Mastodon was much better in Leviathan" opinion is much more prevalent than "Show Yourself is such a kewl song".

just checked it out. pretty sweet

t. 60-y.o. mad that nobody actually likes Iron Maiden

Album is bad

1/10 compared to remission leviathan and blood mountain. How the mighty have fallen.

What the hell is this

t. nu-male mad that he recognizes his shit taste in that chart

Album is good

The evolution of mastodon continues and doesn't disappoint in my opinion, everyone stop making it a pissing contest of best mastodon albums they have more talent then most bands out

album has /riffs/ but god I hate the vocals so much. they're so clean and sound like a pop singer.

never listened to OMRtS or The Hunter, I dunno if this is a trend they've been going in or what.

can't even listen to the second track because it sounds like fucking Aerosmith

This is probably just below Crack the Skye for me.

I stopped after The Hunter was so shit
Is this album as good as Crack in the Skye?

No, but it's a lot better than the The Hunter or OMRTS

I'd put in on Blood Mountain's level

Emperor of Sand > The Hunter > Once More Round The Sun

Better than

>HEY HO LETS FUCKING GO

Alright just listened to Show Yourself
I had to do a double take because I thought I was listening to QotSA

I miss the old band, what happened?

you picked the worst song. We do not talk about Show Yourself

Scorpion's Breath might be more up to your speed

Which is still

low quality bait.

Fat riffs died, sorry to say.

steambreather is fucking amazing, only on roots remain at the moment but so far this album seems to be damn good, nice to hear something new but still very much mastodon

>great southern trend kill
what?

this is on point

Please don't talk about that song.

The Last Baron still stands tall

Mastodon are pretty shit at writing vocal melodies. It always sounds like cheap prog apart from a few stand-outs like the chorus in Oblivion, They were better when they were screeching and growling incoherently. Maybe that's what made them write better music, they had to compensate with actualy originality in their instrumentals.

>"Mastodon? I love them, they're my favorite metal band!"

Czar stands strong as my favorite, but there are some damn great solos from Brent in this one.
One's that stood out to me are Roots Remain, Ancient Kingdom, and Jaguar God like you said.

that song was pretty strong up to that point, but that part ruined the entire song

blood mountain was their most experimental you dumb bitch

bladecatcher is not a lesser retread of anything

SHOW YESELLLF!

you got it wrong its actually

>plebs think crack the skye is the best
>people who know their shit know blood mountain is the best

One of the reasons I hold crack the skye over blood mountain is that hunters of the sky and hand of stone are kind of boring.

Whereas crack the skye is probably one of the most enjoyable straight-through listening experiences.

get this hothead outta here

thats fair enough desu but songs that opener, sleeping giant and the closer are fucking undeniable