What's the toughest decision Sup Forums has ever made?

What's the toughest decision Sup Forums has ever made?

Right now, I am considering switching majors to a major that pays less and has less opportunities. Engineering school has just been kicking my ass, and I hate it, but the potential job and money has me hesitant to leave. I was offered to switch to another program and graduate way earlier than the ridiculous amount of time I still have left in my current major.

Has Sup Forums been in a similar situation?

>pic unrelated

Yeah I dropped my big major and went normie. Life's chill

Probably breaking up with my girlfriend of 4 years to go to China and earn big money, she's still trying to get me back though.

I'm considering throwing away a perfectly good future with a loving girlfriend, lovely dog and lovely house solely because I'm starting to love the dick more then her.

Gay

I live in a small country town in outback Australia and was out bush with my two dogs. One of them got bitten by a King Brown snake and the other, going to his brother's defense, also received a bite. I managed to rush them back to town to the vet and had to decide what dog would receive the treatment due to lack of space and facilities where they only had space and equipment for one or the other. Fucked me up fairly hardcore.

You're dumb if you think engineering is going to make you a lot of money. Colleges are currently expanding their engineering programs because they are PACKED with new kids who want to go become engineers. The market is getting flooded and wages are stagnating. Soon they will decline because why pay a chemical engineer with 15 years experience $78,000 a year when you can pay a kid fresh out of school $40,000 a year? We hit peak engineering.

holy shit really? that's intense man. I thought you were memeing at first but you'd need a really good imagination to come up with a story like this.

sorry to hear user, did at least one of the dogs survive?

are those really what wages are like man? I think in my state wages average around 50-60k for entry-level. I'm not totally sure, and what you are saying makes sense, there is an explosion of fucking people in my engineering school.

what did you change out of and what did you afterwards?

>engineering dropout cuck detected

How's that psychology degree working for you fag?

He did, luckily! Apparently he had the best chance at survival as he was slightly larger than his brother, but still a hard decision. He lived on another five years after that.

Going public. Gonna suck but gonna be so worth it.

>she's still trying to get me back though.
then get that pussy bro. Have you had any luck with chinese sluts tho?

I manage engineers. Management is where the money is in engineering.

my dog is so old. I dread the day I have to put her down. How do you cope with this shit?

>Soon they will decline because why pay a chemical engineer with 15 years experience $78,000 a year when you can pay a kid fresh out of school $40,000 a year?
Yeah why having an experienced, reputable person if you can have a college fuckboi whoes only skills are smoking weed and talking shit? Oh right it's because idiots are responsible for employing ppl.

networking marketing.
Problem solved
>3k monthly

german engineer tho.

thinking of quitting my job to concentrate on the Network marketing thing.

I had to let my older brother walk away from our immediate family with a wicked seabeast. He hates my guts now and ill likely never speak to him again. Runner up to that was I had to walk away from everyone I knew in high school. We were close knit but shit changes.

>elitist engineer
You walking meme haha. If you want to be elitist at least take a hard major like physics.

OP here, for those wondering I'm thinking of switching to Biochemistry. I really don't know what to expect with the job market.
Anybody got experience with that degree or a related one?

How do I get into that field and what sort of shit do you do?

Do you really think biochem will be easier than engineering?

As chemist who focused in biochem, I think you are in for a rude awakening

>a college fuckboi whoes only skills are smoking weed and talking shit
You've never set foot inside an engineering school if you think that's how your average engineering student is like. they are the most autistic nerds in the world. Even if they were how you described them most jobs are so easy, a pothead could do them.

Yeah this was a couple years ago, I've moved back since now I made bank, yeah Chinese girls are pretty boring in the sack at least the ones in Weifang where I was.

Honestly yeah. I need 2 more biochem classes to get a biochem degree. I've already taken about 3 biochem classes and every other chemistry requirement they have (analytical, organic, physical etc).

How is life as a chemist?

Honestly dude follow what YOU wanna do. You only live once so make it the best you got!

awww thanks :)
have some titties.

Toughest decision I made was to walk away from the family business to do what I wanted to do, that comfort of working with your father and knowing you'll never be fired is hard to let go, even in a job you don't really enjoy

Basically HR knows they are getting a worse worker. But if the worker is 15% less productive, but they are paying the worker 30% less, it helps their bottom line. Engineers don't work for altruistic companies, they work for money-grubbing corporations like everyone else.

To kill myself or not

Why as an engineer are you taking so much chem?

Life is hard, with a bs you'll only get quality control work in the industry. I have my masters in chem (I focused on biochem), right now I'm working full time at a private uni in their bio dept doing biochem research for a prof. My pay is sorta shit tier, I'd be making more in industry but I work at my own pace and do my research solo. I basically work unchecked and every couple weeks they ask for data. It's a good job and very flexible hours but like I said I could be making almost double working in industry.

So, what was your decision?

started with my family and friends they used the products I also use...
some of them tried the concept also.. they did it with there friends.. and their friends.. ..

the snowball is growing..

Products: supplements, vital, toothcreme,.. just daily used products ...

youd don't make FAST money in 2 weeks..
had over some 100€ in a couple of months monthly.. now over some 1000s.. doing it for 3 years...

just an e-function exp...

Ded

>Why as an engineer are you taking so much chem?
I'm a chemical engineering major. I'm about halfway done with my curriculum, but the classes I have left scare the shit out of me. I've barely been scraping by with C's and occasional B's. I basically have an ultimatum on switching majors this semester.

And yeah, I want to work in industry right away. I've got plenty of research experience, and it's just not for me.

Sounds like you're doing fine though, hang in there.

I'm setting my self up to get my publications and research exp for my resume for PhD programs.

Love the research side of things, I like to think for my self, I interviewed at Sigma Aldrich when I graduated but didn't like the sound of non-research science work. Sounded mind numbing

Switch then, if you like the material and can handle the work. Just know that you'll have a glass ceiling because phd's will take the good jobs you'd want

That's how work in industry is man. It's mindnumbing.

I guess so. That's what I'm afraid of. I don't like having restrictions on what I can do, but oh well that's the price to pay I guess.

As long as I can live a decent live I don't give a shit.

I'm still trying to choose my major.
Thinking Criminal Justice or a major in health.

I'd like a job where I can help out in my community, stuck between wanting to be a cop or an EMT.

Slap a strap on, on her.
Problem solved

Just switched nursing jobs from Chicago to Denver but had to take a decent cut in pay to do so. Shit sucks

Ill take over your life and you can go suck as many dicks as you want faggot. I'll take care of that pussy for you.

>That's how work in industry is man. It's mindnumbing
There is R&D in industry, but yea most of it is not and that's why I think my end game is going to be a biochem prof. Profs jobs are cake

>As long as I can live a decent live I don't give a shit.
You make decent cash but I need more than just money to be happy. Got to like the work too or else it will also turn to shit

hey man both sound like awesome careers. Being a cop is underrated, but now that we got Trump shit is about to get better for everyone.

But you had to follow the weed didn't you Tyrone?

On the flip side, they can't get rid of a barely skilled worker who's 2% productive if they hold 15 years of domain knowledge. It's surprising how few people occupy important niches. A lot of huge companies call people in my company to ask how their own system works, because they lost the guys who built it.

Both cops and EMTs have tough, stressful jobs. You will see people at their worst. Most of the time people are not happy when a cop shows up and would at least be relieved when an EMT shows up.

I'm leaning more toward being an EMT, I don't mind working the long stressful hours.

Been talking to family members that work in those fields about what it's like to gain a bit of insight.

Was going to join the Army as a combat medic, but I'm too fat.
Currently trying to lose weight though.

If you want to be a cop, go to a place with very few niggers and/or white trash. Preferably well off suburbs or a small town. I know in my small hometown, which is also a small suburb, rarely had any crime on it, until niggers started moving in.

Thank me later.

> There is R&D in industry
I like this. After years of hating other peoples products I'm basically allowed to make whatever I want. The company wont mind because what you produce is more valuable than your salary (which is fair, they have to market it etc).

> be a biochem prof. Profs jobs are cake
Publishing papers (le fancy buzzfeed), academic politics and teaching. The three things I hate in life.

Yeah professor jobs are god-tier. Hell, I'd even want to be a professor if the thought of grad school didn't scare the shit out of me.

what did you study? and what field are you in now?

Oh yeah, was picking out neighborhoods to work at a while ago.

Already have a handful of small neighborhoods that I'd like to work at if I become a cop.

rip an hero

China will drain your life energy and make you miserable after the honeymoon period of 1-6 months.

Paper or plastic?

Computer Science, work in telecomms.

happy birthday for friday

>publishing papers (le fancy buzzfeed)
It's more than buzzfeed, adding to scientific knowledge is cool, though lots of research going on out their is completely useless
>academic politics
Politics are everywhere Sup Forumsro, even the office
>teaching
This swing both ways, if you have good students it fun and easy, if your students suck then its more work. So profs have it easy, teach one class a year and research the rest. That would be nice

Too go back to school where I am inclined to succeed or to continue being a farmer and manège the land I am obligated to.
Either way I am ending up in academia it just comes down to making my own way or going to school

I think it's always been underrated/taken for granted.
Especially with my generation, as media has taught us to naturally distrust policemen.

Would be nice to see that stigma vanish, but I don't see it going away any time soon.

Grad school, although the actually work was harder, wasn't that bad and the material was more interesting thus easier to put the work in to complete. My best way to describe the difference is for undergrad you go over an entire book on a subject of that major. Like biochem, you'd go over all biochem, but grad classes are like taking a chapter from that book and focusing on it for the semester. Like geeking out on everything about proteins, instead of proteins, amino acids, nucleic acids, lipids, carbs, metabolism, etc. it's so focused its easier in some ways for learn because it's not a diverse of info

hmm. Maybe I'll look into going into it someday. Thanks for all info Sup Forumsro, good luck

I'll just explain myself a bit more.

> It's more than buzzfeed
I know, I don't find the useless studies to be the most annoying thing. It's how publishing useful but not so hip things is discouraged. Publishing null results, checking others results etc. If the system properly we would make incredible progress.

>academic politics
I think office politics and academic politics are different games (think co-authorship etc). There's a lot more crazy, ego and insecurity to go around.

> his swing both ways, if you have good students it fun and easy
I actually just hate the whole standing up, pacing around and talking for hours thing. Mentoring is cool.

They can't publish every bit of work done but you are right. You learn more by your failures than your successes in science

All politics are politics man, that stuff happens everywhere in all forms

I haven't had to lecture a lecture based course, only some lecturing for lab courses, which is not bad but I understood what you are saying. I'd hate to teach a giant lecture hall of freshman but that's where most profs start. Just have to bust/suck balls until that sweet sweet tenture

How does it work?

My decision is such

Either i cut off ties with my mother who takes every opportunity to steal from me, and feel happier

Or i keep talking and helping her and feel better about being a shithead in other areas of my life

I also have to choose between buying a classic car or a luxury suv, but thats not a bad problem

It's a pyramid scheme bro... It's not hard to understand lol.

I've been in this exact situation.

Was going to a nationally recognized engineering school. Decided to do Computer Engineering because I was good at digital logic, already knew VHDL, and it had good job prospects. Got about 2 years into the program before burning out. It was partly due to the workload kicking my ass, the money is was costing me, and the fact that I really didn't like what I was doing.

I switched to state school to study physics. Physics was something I was always raw interested in but didn't know much about. All of my math credits transferred which made the switch pretty easy. It is probably more work in the long run (since I eventually want to get my PhD) and the job outlook is way less (unless I want to teach, which I don't) but I am now studying something that I genuinely find interesting and it is making the whole process less of a chore.