youtube.com/watch?v=2qf6rNIDLqY
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

OP did you mean to post this??

Dis nigga

yep

true

This for sure

këk

Music only really tends to be life-changing if it comes to you at a time when you're kind of in the position for you to be changed by something like that.

all mine

Undoubtedly the thing that turned me into a true patrician.

This album has helped me through so many rough times in my life

But seriously tho

True.

youtube.com/watch?v=2qf6rNIDLqY

yep

tOO busY suCKiNG on MY DiNG DONG

It got me interested in music that wasn't shit

tOO busY suCKiNG on MY leMON

real talk this album is the shit, i love the way it sounds so summery, its just such a great feeling to walk around in shorts outside in the bright sunlight with the wind blowin in your hair and listening to such bright music. my girls gets some shit for being so accessible but that song is popular for a fuckin reason boyo, its like the ultimate mix of everything that makes animal collective good and with some of their best pop hooks added like the twisted cherry on top of this beautiful fuckin cake. i also like the fact that there's only like one song on the whole album which doesnt feature both singers, it makes it feel like a more communal effort. i love it when avey and panda harmonize and I know the beach boys comparisons are DICK but its like 100 percent beach boys if there were two of them. no more runnin is super underrated boyos

Strawberry Jam is better though

I think the highs are higher on SJ but overall MPP's fuggin atmosphere and consistency totally give it at least 2nd place in the anco album rankings

agreed

do you rate this higher than With love and Squalor then?

I honestly haven't listened to anything past these two albums. but Was was my world at age 15 until I got stuck in 3 years of The mMars Volta. Lol

Could you explain why you think it is better?

No More Runnin' is one of the best on the album.

But there are too many missed opportunities for MPP to be an untarnished listen for me. They absolutely ruined Taste in the studio, and Brother Sport, while still good, sounds like some neutered demo version rather than what should be the definitive recording.

btw, Feels reigns supreme.

accurate

>RUUUUUUN
This album is a true masterpiece. One of the greatest pieces of creativity I have ever experienced.

Can you explain why you like it?

Honestly I only like 3 songs of this album
(is it luck, Tommy the cat, Jerry was a racecar driver) but I must admit that those 3 songs are all very good

Tried so hard to find something similar, failed every time

I do rate it higher only because this was the first album I found from them at the time and it was kind of addicting/calming to listen to. When I later wanted to explore more of their other albums I found With Love and Squalor and heard some songs from Barbara. I think With Love and Squalor would be my second favorite album from them so far, though.

exactly how I feel about pic related

Let me hear both sidesss

Christ this board is embarrassing

I've always liked this album, but never really understood how it could be classed as 'life changing'. Can someone explain?

Fuck off
Only contrarians believe this is the best anco album. Try having a fucking honest opinon instead of trying to be the most unique special snowflake possible.

I never felt the same after i heard this for the first time.

Trout mask replica. I really mean it

Of course you don't

Same. I just listened to it and its a great album but I don't think its life changing v

But I do user
Do I sounds like a memester to you?

this exactly

haven't heard your albums tho

>having this much resentment at the sight of a patrician opinion

doggystyle

honestly i dont know that i can but i will try my best

I love how juvenile and playful songs like bat you'll fly and someday you'll grow
the whole album is just so nostalgic and also so interesting. the fact that i've never heard any other piece of music that sounds quite like this is probably a big reason as to why i ant get enough of it, almost as if its fresh with every listen.
I also relly like the """"raw"""" emotion in songs like alvin row. I can think of very few musical pieces that fill me up with emotions the same way this song does.

its hard for me to put into words, the album just really speaks to me.

>it's not my favorite so that means you're a contrarian

If you think STGSTV is anywhere as insightful and meaningful and accomplished as Feels, Sung Tongs, MPP or Stawberry Jam you are a complete fucking hipster only concerned with image and you need to fucking kill yourself.

I like AnCo's entire discography. Why do you single Spirit out as their "hipster album"

Is it because of muh noise? because that only happens on like two tracks and isn't what makes the album good?

same