So I'm thinking about enlisting in the marine corps but I don't want a pussy job I'm only really interested in infantry...

So I'm thinking about enlisting in the marine corps but I don't want a pussy job I'm only really interested in infantry. Any tips and how do i make sure i get infantry?

check infantry, you fucking retard.

you join because you want to become a better person and because you want to serve your country. The marines don't want a gigantic cocksucker please kill yourself instead.

Work your ass off. Be fit.

But what if they try to make me do something i don't want to

You, sir, are the bedrock of the brainwashed on which your corrupt politicians build their ivory castles.

Godspeed. I hope you don't die horrifically.

/thread

I'm joing because i want respect

What drives someone to enter a job that leaves you the same way you started in terms of being employable?

Ask for infantry you fucking moron.

No ill get in do my time and use the connections i made while in plus i can put USMC on every application i have

I understand the Marines are the badasses of the Armed Forces, but you're gonna regret it. Also if you're really that worried about not getting Infantry go Army they'll gladly give it to you and ship you off to Basic ASAP

A recruiter told me the army is full of fuck ups

Tell them you want to be in infrantry. How fucking difficult is this.

What horrible mishap made you so stupid that you reached that conclusion?

You'll get nothing but lip service of respect from indoctrinated masses.
If you want real respect why not become a sports coach for kids or teach something?

Well i was told depending on asvabs they might try to push me into something else

I don't like kids

He's right. If you don't have a decent speciality you are fucked unless you can get a decent network and do a bit of privateering.

Ok, voluntary work or something?
Look, people 'thank the military for their service' like a fucking reflex. They think fuck all about you.

If it's respect you are looking for, that's not the way.

What score profile on an asvab is most likely to get you into infantry, then?

My buddy is in the marines right now and he married a smoking hot 10/10.

Bullshit i live in America not some third world shithole in europe

>implying people aren't significantly more likely to hire ex-military

Do you live under a rock? Were you discharged for being a fuck up or something?

Spell your name correctly

40+ is a good score. look just work hard and train harder, do what your told and work well with your mates cause marines fight together. request active duty, i doubt youll be instantly sent into active duty itll take a bit

My buddy is in the marines right now and he married a smoking hot 10 year old in Afghanistan.

Are you fucking stupid? I know you live in America.

They aren't, faggot. Not unless you have a specialty. Unless you have a transferable skills you are basically an institutionalised, semi-functioning alcoholic.

Look up the homelessness rates on ex-military and tell me they are aspirational.

Joining the marines is hard as fuck!
They break you down mentally and physically, and the only way you get out once you get to "Paradise" island is if you're dead or mentally uncapable. That's why one of their main mottos is "From pain comes discipline"
Goodluck trying not to die from a heart attack you fat fuck.

You wanna join and have people look up too you, have an edge when it comes to applying for jobs after your contract is up? It may be a great idea! or the most regretful decision you've ever made. I joined the army last September as a forward observer (13fox) and when I got here, I realized I fucking hated it more than anything I could hate in the world. I'm married, had plenty of opportunities in the civilian world for a career in my hometown. But I wanted to be billy badass so bad. After Bct, I realized it's a fucking shit show, you'll wake up hating life everyday wishing you could go home jack off, eat junk food and play video games or some shit you didn't think you'd miss. Ait is boring asf. You'll hate that too. But later on you'll realize the shit you do is do-able. You'll meet fucking idiots you'll love for the rest of your life. And overall time passes relatively fast. The marines I see on base here at fort sill are all professional autismos that thought being a marine would get them laid. Not to hate on the marine corps but I've yet to meet one that's not socially retarded. At least I got to indefinitely choose my career in the army I'm thankful for that. You'll hate life and later on after you're done crying yourself too sleep at night asking yourself wtf you were thinking you'll somehow start to love it. Not to influence you decision but the army is bigger, helps you gain rank faster (more pay) and tons of opportunities for schools like, air assault, airborne, rasp. I know you can get that in the marines, but you can get that included in your contract in the army or get it offered to you in ait. It's just much easier too do in the army. The army has fuck ups just like every branch but you have the opportunity to avoid them and surround yourself with individuals who use common sense. Either way the army is your best best for enlisting in the infantry 11x but it's your call either way. You'll gain respect either way.

Making sure because over here we actually show our veterans respect

marine here. have you talked to a recruiter yet? If infantry is what you really want then chances are you'll be able to get it. But there are a plethora of combat support jobs that get just as much action as infantry if that's what you're looking for

4212 - Infantry

I've never heard of anyone NOT getting infantry
military intelligence, sure, or the navy's nuclear propulsion program, yeah those are hard to ensure a slot
you want infantry, they'll give you infantry

Dude you better be a bad ass and train hard or they will just throw your ass into the army. You don't just get to go home if you fail at being a marine.

Check "Bullet Sponge" in the appropriate box.

Respect is earned faggot, which you will get none while being infantry from fellow peers, civies dgaf about you being 03xx they think thats all the military is they will mistake you for being army 90% of the time unless ur such a faggot that u must announce that you're a marine, and if your asvab is higher than 40 which it better be or you're retarded, they might include to put you on a different mos but you can deny and wait till you get that contract, i made the mistake of not waiting, other that that dont be a bitch and you will hate life sometimes but you're gonna do some cool shit that these fucks would ever hope to do.

That's the worst reason to enlist. Don't do it.