Snyder >> Nolan >>>>>> PTA >>>>>>>>>>>> Refn

director's cut was b a a s e d

really ties together the storyline well

B-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-bAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Nolan is shit Plebcuck

Snyder, Refn and Malick are kino trio

nolan directed the best scifi film since 2001

Is it really good or is it a meme. Serious. I want to know if I should buy it.

Doomsday looked alright after he got nuked and become all spiny like he's supposed to.

Snyder a pretentious hack though.

Only in a very narrow sense.

It really is great actually. I literally just watched the ultimate edition having never seen the theatrical edition primarily because of the feedback here.

I really enjoyed it. It was rounded and powerful with a lot of great moments. I also got a real sense of malevolence and darkness from it in a good way. The foreshadowing of Darkseid is really quite spooky, particularly when you see Lex communing with steppenwolfe. I actually got a warhammer 40k vibe a bit.

Really enjoyed it, totally recommended - i dont really into capeshit in general but i enjoyed this.

>Nolan is shit Plebcuck

Literally the only fault is the "WB forced us to to tease the Justice League even more so here is this scene with clips"

Aside from that, it's pure fucking cinema

Not many good sci-fi movies have come in the last 15 years, so that's not saying much.

It's a meme for the most part. It does fix most if not all editing issues in the first half of the film and patches up a couple of plot holes. So I won't deny that it's better.

Whatever score you originally gave it (out of 10), add 1.5 to it.

that and the first two hours being nothing but filler leading up to the titular conflict (which lasts 7 minutes) which is concluded by pure contrivance, then its off to fight doomsday while doing everything in everyone's powers to make sure that lasts as long as possible and is as close to dense population centers as possible.

Yes, it's good.

t. plebcuck

Boll > Snyder

2004 Dawn of the Dead > Original DotD

>nothing but filler except the action scenes

I understand, but you must realize that this is because you have been so coddled, so patronized by typical capeshit films, that you assume a priori that all non fighting and non villain scenes are filler.

In this instance, you are wrong. The move has blindsided you by not only providing a good and enjoyable superhero adventure but also a profound and deeply crafted study of a wide breadth of themes and character - from a meditation on parenthood - particularly the role of the father (compare Lex, Clark and Bruce's references to their fathers throughout the opening "filler" 2 hours with their current worldview... something is being said here), to a discussion on the role of God in an imperfect world given the classical problem of evil (Lex's ramblings actually present a largely symbolic image of society in generals crying out at the God concept as a result of the horror of the twentieth century), to a study on the eternal elusiveness of moral certainty (various problems of utilitarianism vs aristotelian virtue ethics are floated in a manageable way throughout the movie - with an ultimate embracing of this uncertainty as perhaps intrinsic in our moral worth - see the ending).

These are three themes off the top of my head which are developed carefully during the first two hours of "filler". There are more, take the more Nietzschean (As has been much discussed on this board) aspects of the role of will-to-power and proto-exitentialism in forging the world for oneself in the face of chaos and uncertainty as displayed through the contrasting approaches and life stories and psyches of Bruce and Clark - at once fatalistic and existentialist (for both of them as two sides of the same coin for each hero).

You have grown used to quips and humour from all non-Snyder capeshit, and thus I don't blame you for not expecting + therefore missing much of this subtext- but believe me- those 2 hours are certainly not "filler".

>capitalizing god when it's not being used as a proper noun

It's either, "Ding dong, God is dead" OR "Ding dong, the god is dead."

this fucking post

fuckin saved

Sorry, whats wrong with it? He makes valid points.

LMAO
>Snyder
above even Uwe Boll

Fucking inbred right here.

Nolan is the best of those four, then again, he's just a big budget blockbuster director, not an auteur.

>Love Dimension was better than pic related
>or Alien
>or The Thing
>or The Matrix

kys

The Force Awakens was better than Blade Runner.

>tfw the Kino hits you

I only saw the Ultimate Cut. It's a pretty decent cape film. Much better than any of the X-Men films at the very least.

I laughed when I read they cut 30 minutes for the theatrical release. Why the fuck would you do that? It probably hurt the profits more.

Nobody here actually believes that Snyder is a better writer and or director than PTA, right? You contrarians are just memeing, aren't you?

Same thing for me.

I thouroughly enjoyed the movie, sure it has many flaws but in the grand scheme of things it doesn't detract that much from the experience.

The only things that really bothered me were these:
-Henry Cavill can't act for shit. (The moment where a goddamn bomb blew up potentially killing dozens of people didn't phase him at all, apparently)

-The Justice League member clips, even the music made it feel like they just threw in some teaser trailers in.

Fantastic Movie (i've only seen the ultimate edition)

but there's nothing happening in the subtext or overtones unless someone is directly speaking/acting, and what that character is directly saying/doing is the entirety of each scene's content. Each of which is punctuated with long shots that can only be described as "establishing." But half the time they're establishing shit the audience already knows.

>but there's nothing happening in the subtext or overtones unless someone is directly speaking/acting

Are you sure?

wait a minute
did you shop his hair?
JUST!!!!!!!!!!!

>didn't phase him at all

I dunno. I interpreted his face as "jesus fucking christ. Seriously, people? I wiped out my race for this?"

Like he sort of lost hope for humanity right there and then.

Yeah, that and they ruined origin stories, old batman is just now getting involved in justice league, bats and supes kill people, putting gotham right next to metropolis, lex luthor is a skitso, and a bunch of other shit, but yeah it wasn't that bad.

I did not like this movie!!! I'm sitting there watching this thing, about 4m in and i'm like " Where are the quips already?!" So I finish watching this movie and I can say without a doubt that it is almost devoid of quips! What a fucking waste of time. Why make a movie and not put any quips in? Also I don't like menacing villains or conflict because it takes away from the light-hearted fun that I look for when I watch movies with my wife and her son. This movie has those things and it makes me feel insecure. Final Verdict - no quips/10

QUESTION: i only saw the directors cut, not theatrical, so what scenes were removed originally?
overall, it was still an 8.5/10.

>lex luthor is a skitso
He's a sociopathic megalomaniac. I think he played him perfectly. It's a different interpretation but a very logical one.

>bats and supes kill people
Yeah, I liked this one. It's a believable version of them since they don't fuck around.

Most of the Africa stuff. In the theatrical Lois was just there for some reason, then CIA got found out, and Supes saved the day, there wasn't any of that stuff with the dudes on horses, or the drone, or aftermath. A lot of violence was cut, either with bad guys or with Bats fucking people up, Barbara Gordon scene was cut, Lois just inexplicably had information about the bullet all of a sudden. The Africa shit throughout the whole theatrical cut was basically just "Superman came and fucked us up" rather than the more details that the ultimate edition gave. That scene in the crashed ship where Lex is in "communion" with Darkseid or Steppenwolf or whoever that was was cut, so Lex just inexplicably knows they're coming. A lot of scenes were simply extended too which added some cooler stuff that wasn't necessary integral to the plot. Overall it was a huge improvement and made the movie much much more coherent.

I found that the score to BvS gave my wife's son night terrors. They should lighten up the mood with some pop music and some quips wouldn't hurt either!

>Yeah, I liked this one. It's a believable version of them since they don't fuck around.

I agree, though I have heard that Bats killing people was just a phase because he had been pushed so far prior to the movie, and would be back to his old self afterwards. At one point Lex says Bats downfall is two years in the making, even though Superman had only been around for 16 months at that point, I'm wondering if he had something to do with the Robin's death somehow which helped push Batman that much closer to his "no bullshit" edge. I'm hoping the Batman standalone is going to be a prequel to this movie. Not an origin story, but showing some of his action in his prime, or even his downfall with Robin's death.

>super heyzeus christo is dead

if snyder had been subtle about establishing superman as jesus then maybe there'd be some subtext there. But he literally just copied a Renaissance painting of post-crucified jesus for that scene.

So that's not subtext. That's just text.

>So that's not subtext. That's just text.

Literally what is the problem with it being obvious like that though? Just because you can't lord it over people who didn't get it because you're smarter than them doesn't make it shit.

but "you just don't get it" is literally the only defense of bvs (or any snyder movie) in existence.

The man isn't subtle or clever, but people insist he is. and he puts such effort into his complete lack of wit and artistry that it seems like he thinks hes showing the audience something they couldn't have figured out what snyder was doing if snyder hadn't as much as yelled "SEE, HES JESUS, SUPERMAN IS JESUS. HES EVEN GOING TO RESURRECT SOON, SO HES JESUS! LOOK, LOOK, THIS LOOKS LIKE A RENAISSANCE PAINTING OF POST-CRUCIFIXION JESUS, HES JESUS, DO YOU GET THAT HES JESUS? SEE, RIGHT THERE, HE JUST SACRIFICED HIMSELF FOR HUMANITY'S SIN OF CREATING DOOMSDAY, HES JESUS!!" in every showing of every theater.

He's not really comparing Superman to Jesus. He's just showing him as a messianic figure in the eyes of certain people within the world. And they go out of their way multiple times to show that he isn't a God, he's just a guy trying to do some good.

>"SEE, HES JESUS, SUPERMAN IS JESUS. HES EVEN GOING TO RESURRECT SOON, SO HES JESUS! LOOK, LOOK, THIS LOOKS LIKE A RENAISSANCE PAINTING OF POST-CRUCIFIXION JESUS, HES JESUS, DO YOU GET THAT HES JESUS? SEE, RIGHT THERE, HE JUST SACRIFICED HIMSELF FOR HUMANITY'S SIN OF CREATING DOOMSDAY, HES JESUS!!"

There's literally nothing stopping superman from being a god, though.

and yes snyder most certainly does equate superman to jesus over and over again, so I don't know what the fuck you're even talking about.

>snyder most certainly does equate superman to jesus over and over again

He really doesn't. Religious imagery =/= comparing Superman to Jesus. You're a fucking moron.

Chill out dude. It was a good movie with some interesting symbolism

Obsessed much?

>There's literally nothing stopping superman from being a god, though.
You haven't been paying attention at all, have you?

That and pretty much everything about Wonder Woman's pointless role.

So this is a case where you're ignoring the text (because its shit) and manufacturing subtext that isn't shit?

I mean, its been obvious for a while.

Superman just survived a nuke to the face. Snyder is clearly trying to put his superman at just below silver-age power levels. Yet his bad daddy told him some wrong things so hes confused :(

>it's pure fucking cinema

you couldn't resist could you?

You missed "I could tell by the cape"?

Marvel babies can't even pay attention 1/10

no interstellar is shit

Where is he comparing Superman to Jesus? He even has characters outright say he's not a God.

>maybe he's not some Jesus or Devil character, maybe he's just a guy trying to do the right thing.

A lot of the characters talk about him as a "God" - which is why there's a bunch of religious imagery - but he's not actually comparing Superman to Jesus. It's pretty sad that you take all that shit literally.

This, you legit just explained everything amazing about Zack "CapeKino" Synder

How did Batman not get like 10 concussions when fighting Superman? Superman tossed him through concrete walls and shit at like 100 miles per hour. His brain would have swelled up to the point that Batman would have died in like 90 seconds. Totally fucking fake.

It's pretty sad that your argumentation is this pathetic, vermin.
lerk moar, faggot

The superjesus shit was the closest thing to subtext the movie actually had, and you're sitting over there rejecting it.

say it with me
kino
K I N O
I
N
O

Also, how did Superman's suit escape unharmed from a nuclear bomb? Is is Superman suit also superhuman?

>vermin

God damn I've never seen someone meme for this movie so hard.

Saw the movie for the first time the a few days ago, Ultimate Edition. Painfully average. The few notes I had were Eisenberg's Luthor got annoying to watch halfway through the film, it was really obvious just how little emotion Superman had, Lois Lane felt shoehorned into every event again, the Martha scene was executed really badly, Batman killing people. Weak writing overall.

Really this movie's high point was probably just the cinematography since Snyder seems to know how to get a couple cool shots every now and then.

> > than pta
>I'm a pleb

You argue against the most basic 'subtext' of the flick - it's like you really honest to God didn't even watch it. Truly, you can do better.