With ""friends""

>with ""friends""
>put on music that represents your tastes
>they think you're a sperg

>put on turnt music like Travis and Young Thug
>they think you're shallow and uncultural
Which one?

What do they like?
What did you put on to represent your taste?

c) don't put music on around other people if they don't actually like you

Stop listening to Death Grips.

>play metal
>lol this is too heavy. are you a serial killer?
>play folk
>this doesn't sound like something you'd listen to. actually sounds pretty gay lol
>play anything experimental or complex
>JESUS CHRIST WHAT IS THIS SHIT. THIS ISNT EVEN MUSIC
>play something that you KNOW they like
>lol why are you playing this? you dont like _____.
why can you never please normies?

>What do they like?
EDM and pop

>What did you put on to represent your taste?
I didn't, cause I don't wanna come across as a sperg. Some artists I love are Tim Hecker, Nicolas Jaar and Burial.

All of my friends like hip hop, so if we're in the car I'll just stick on my hip hop playlist. There's nothing offensive to the ear in it. So I get to listen to music I enjoy, while they don't find it enough to complain about.

Why the fuck would I sit in the car with friends listening to Mount Eerie or some shit?

This is why Pavement exists

never listen to ambient around normies. they literally dont "get it"

Just put on some Kendrick Lamar or Kanye West and everyone is happy.

"I do not listen to music, for I am an intellectual"

when does this ever happen lol
have you actually been in a situation like this?

Good choice not to play that then. The vast majority of people think that ambient is just background music

>road trip with friends
>halfway through, and they've already run out of memerap to play
>"hey user, why don't you put something on?"
>they know I listen to different stuff
>start playing a classic rock playlist. I specifically created this playlist to be listened to by normies
>car stereo sits at 5% the whole time
>3 songs in...
>"it's good and stuff, but I'd rather listen to something with words in it"
>the song playing was purple haze

d) get people to actually like me through the patrish music I put on

>classic rock playlist
Have you considered death?

There must be middle of the road music you can play around normies without offending your spergy taste.
>Bowie
>Aphex Twin Selected Ambient Works 85-93
>Kanye
If you're hanging around Normies you should be able to figure out the stuff they like, then from that pool you find the stuff you like the most even if it's not something you'd listen to on your own.
In my case I can play
>Porter Robinson
>Arctic Monkeys
>The Chainsmokers
Without giving myself an aneurysm, whilst pleasing normies.

Play Sup Forumscore
or
Put on something representing your taste (as long as it has a melody)

Assuming they are Real Friends at the very worst they'd giggle at your expense.

>Thinking anyone under the age of 40 and over the age of 14 likes purple haze

That shit is boring 99% of the time for anyone that grew up around a radio.

>the chainsmokers
So what brought you to the board, babe?

oh fuck. I forgot that I'm supposed to impress Sup Forums while in the car with my own friends. my bad

I don't give a shit what mu thinks about it. Playing a classic rock playlist as 'your music' physically repulses me

If you really want to impress people DJing you've got a choice between fairly popular hip hop (which works for most people), indie (if you're with a hipster crowd), or just straight pop (if you hang around with a lot of white girls). Most people won't care about what music you play unless they hate it, though, so the only things that are really off limits are things that go against the mood (classical, post rock, and in most cases heavy metal), or things that are outright bad (funny internet meme music and nu-metal). I tend to play the more popular indie shit i like, and that usually goes down well.

I don't know why i wrote so much for a meme thread. Maybe I'm catching the autism

By all means, keep being a boring person who curates painfully boring playlists. No need to impress us when you've got irl friends to bore.

of course he hasn't

that fucking post belongs in a youtube comments section

Burial is EDM though

Doom is my music my vibe for when I'm with friends. Only the best baby

This has never happened to me, I never play music for other people

user, you know that's not the sort of EDM they listen to.

Are they spergs or are they shallow and uncultured? There's your answer.

all Normie's are shallow and uncultured

>Normie's
You don't need that apostrophe and it makes you look like a fucking idiot.

yeah but using the word "normies" makes you look like an idiot, so it doesn't matter

i dont have friends

Your freinds have bad taste in music, best you can do is just keep playing turnt rap and tell them it's just fun and realize they will.never analyze a young thug song critically and realize how good it is

Just play some gnash and blackbear and some "deep" pop artists like blackbear and Mike posner and maybe the weeknd

Burial is really easy to listen to
any normie could like Archangel

If I'm around normie I just play
>Gnash
>Blackbear
>Migos
>Travis Scott
>Smokepurpp
>Mike Posner
>Mod sun
>Felly
>Tyler Carter
>The weeknd.
They seem to like it

Where do you guys find these people? I've played shit like Bowery electric around my friends and nobody had anything bad to say

i don't really care if they don't like my music
although most of the time i hang out with people that aren't total uber plebs 24/7

Just play easy listening music when you are around other people. There is no point in creating a 'heavy' atmosphere with music when you are interracting with other people. Even when you and your friends are into Tim Hecker. It just creates and uneasy atmosphere for social interraction. Just keep it light.

the question is, why do you people hang out with normies
I honestly don't think I have a single friendship that doesn't have /something/ to do with music

Music being an important factor in friendship is kind of shallow

>sharing interests and hobbies is shallow
what the fuck do you seek in friends? do you just like, smell a compatible person from across the bar

just show em doom you sperg
all niggas love doom

>I honestly don't think I have a single friendship that doesn't have /something/ to do with music
Not wanting/being able to have a friendship with anyone who doesn't like one of your hobby's. That is kind of shallow if you ask me

I only have 2 friends. it's not like I just, actively decline people's friendships because they don't have patrician taste but it's like, when music is 70-80% of what I do, what the fuck am I supposed to talk with these people about beyond small talk

i never request songs i like when i'm at parties, people get nervous if they can't listen to hiphop, edm & pop. and i'm not an aspie who require an certain type of music to enjoy myself

just put on The Pillows

My friend doesn't.

this
play 4'33

>Five Finger Death Punch
>Home
>Some Blank Banshee
>Slipknot
>Vektroid
>Avatar
>Com Truise
>Eptic
>Obsidia
>Any monstercat artist really
>Kill the noise
>Excision
>Getter

I could go on but easily some of the best things or people to play around "normies"

Dadrock will get you a long and hypocritical way

>send gf a song by the residents
"Was that even a song?"
"I'm sorry but I hatted whatever I just heard"

100% true

Can I impress my normie friends with a mashup of random hit songs?

>Play metal
You can stop right there, we know you don't have friends.

Normies will never "be impressed" by music as it's not something they actually care about. The music you play will either be seen as "weird" or "good", or not socially acceptable and socially acceptable.