Albums that are only liked because of "muh feelz"

Dude this album is only liked because Daniel Johnston in literally the pioneer of lofi indie.

*cringes at your post*

the music is obviously not good, and please tell me someone who was doing lofi indie before him

then who?
Danny J is a huge influence for so many lofi indie bands nowadays, teen suicide, salvia plath, coma cinema, etc

Is this the cringe thread?

why is having an emotional reaction to an album not a good reason to like it?

Everything you perceive is based on emotion you literal retard.

those bands are fucking awful and your stuck in 2011 if you listen to them. faggy white indie shit

the music is good you dingdong

you sound really annoying

>thread
This is a cringe board.
This is a cringe website.

yeah whatever back to your xxxtentaction and lil peep threads, as if that trend is any better

What's this guy's deal? Like is he actually retarded?

bipolar

I feel like it goes beyond that though. A lot of bipolar people are mostly functioning adults, just with really severe ups and downs if they're not medicated. Johnston seems like he has the maturity of a child.

That album is only liked because it was on some poser's tee shirt. Johnston's discography has much stronger releases.

because of literally, unironic autism

WATch his documentary, it's a good look into his life. He's manic but started experimenting with drugs and took on some schizo behaviors, and got really obsessed with the devil.

He's also schizophrenic I think

>implying there's anything wrong with only enjoying an album because of its songwriting

>CRINGE

The Glow Pt. 2 as well.

Shut up faggot

Everything by Nick Drake and Elliot Smith

>

Bipolar disorder is linked to autism in a lot of cases and autism wasnt diagnosed as heavily back then

t. Kurk Cobin

the lyrics are pretty brilliant imo

That makes more sense. Is he genuinely talented/worth a listen? Or is he just decent and gets extra attention for his persona. Haven't heard more than a couple songs by him.

I think with Daniel Johnston you get into him the more you like his songwriting

I'd say all albums are liked because of an emotional resonance. Even if it's Mastodon the person is listening to the music because of how it makes their body/mind feel. At that point their probably going for adrenaline. I love music that makes me feel all sorts of things. Doesn't matter.

Id say hes worth a listen. Song quality varies a bit but they all have this great quality of childhood wholesomeness mixed with the angst from the lofi around. Lyrics are great and he comes up with interesting topics/concepts for songs

*sound
not around

I'd say it's genuinely sincere which is great. There are too many insincere artists. Plus, from a songwriting point of view his piano songs are clever. The lyrics are nice as well.

i listen to traditional folk musics and jazz retard...