Live action Pokémon

Since Pokémon is a massive fad again, how long until we get a Pokémon movie?

There's been rumors for a while now.
hollywoodreporter.com/news/pokemon-movie-rights-bidding-war-884207

Jaden Smith as Ash
Brighton Sharbino as Serena
Sprouse twins as Clemont and Bonnie
Idris Elba as James
Kristen Stewart as Jessie
Andy Serkis as Meowth and Pikachu

>how long until we get a pokemon movie.

Fuck I hate you and what you choose to be so much.

There are like 20 pokemon movies already.

Not live action though, which is what the rumors are about.

and The Pokemon Company/Nintendo don't hold the rights because?

What, you were hoping for more BBC threads? Why are you such a literal cuck?

I still didn't start this yet desu. Still at that starter picking thing and I can't see shit.

STFU, Sup Forums is the only place I can go for discreet BBC. My wife's son uses this computer and he knows when I delete the browser history. Do you really need to clutter up the place with actual TV and Film related discusssion? I need this, man. I NEED THIS!

Have a fucking heart like a human being, jerk.

Nintendo is rumored to be expanding into the movie business. They see what Marvel did and they think they can too.

Well, after that Warcraft movie it seems like a real no brainer.

Was the Warcraft movie considered successful? I've been saying if that and Assassin's Creed end up not sucking ass Hollywood is probably going to end up dickriding video game movies throughout the 20s since comic book movies are losing their momentum.

Nintendo said once that their first, last, and only choice to play professor Oak would have been Robin Williams.

>Since Pokémon is a massive fad again

This Pokemon Go shit is going to be gone in a month. Don't underestimate people's laziness. They're going to get sick of having to walk around just to play a video game.

it was in china

max landis has already written the script

and no where else.

Doesn't matter, it still the 10th highest grossing this year

this shit is gold for meeting qts

>implying it ever stopped being a massive fad

The games single handedly sell millions of Nintendo's handhelds.

This

Every single game in the series has sold 15 Million or more. That's Calladoody levels of sales for a series that admittedly took forever to actually make any substantial growth and even today feels pretty dated.

Here's to hoping that this renewed late 90's-tier along with the LOADS A EMONE they're getting incentivizes them to actually make a big leap forwards with their future projects instead of playing it safe.

I couldn't write that last sentence with a straight face.

Super Smash Bros. movie when?

Properly handled that would indeed be the greatest Kinography ever displayed. They need to display the whole Nintendo universe first, kinda like it was handled in The Avengers, before giving us a flat-out Smash movie.

already happened in Brawl