Hey guys. I'd like to discuss/hear your experiences and opinions about psychedelics

Hey guys. I'd like to discuss/hear your experiences and opinions about psychedelics.
I tried LSD about a week ago and it was a very interesting experience, one of the most profound experiences of my life.
Has anyone here tried DMT/ayahausca that wants to share their stories?

LSD has changed my life more than I care to admit. It's a beautiful substance full of self reflection and discoveries

I've done DMT a few times, and blasted off twice by smoking it from a dab rig. It's incredibly intense, and you must allow yourself to lose full control, something our very nature goes against.

to allow yourself that vulnerability takes a lot of strength, but once you're in, it's profound. undescribable images of shapes, colors and ideas. sounds you cannot even imagine, and a stupid fucking smile burned into your face.

I won't do DMT again for a while. it makes me uncomfortable, even though each time was amazing. I prefer LSD to better myself and work further towards Nirvana

that sounds fantastic. I'll be honest I'm pretty scared of trying DMT, and I was really anxious about even trying LSD.
The experience was pretty awesome, definitely unique, but we took a pretty low dosage so I feel like it can get a lot better.
Have you ever had a bad trip?

and this is kind of an off the wall question, but did you come out of the experience with a lessened fear/anxiety of death and the afterlife?
The one thing that I feel holds me back in life is how afraid I am of dying, and I've read that people come out of psychedelic experiences with a new outlook on that kind of stuff

LSD completely changed my life during Uni. It made me realize how much of a depressed asshole I may have been to others without realizing it. Also made me feel genuinely happy and actually want to talk to others. Listen to Rosetta Stoned by Tool on tabs, that shit is a trip

Tried LSD several times and shrooms twice

LSD is a lot more scary/intense but I also feel like I got more insight out of the experience

I saw far more intense visuals on shrooms and it was far more fun and recreational than LSD which commands a lot of respect from me.

I feel like it's a lot easier to lose control and have a bad trip on LSD, you have to be very malleable and go where the drug wants to take you.

I can answer any questions about the two if anyone has any

I'll look that up
I had a different type of feeling where when I came down I didn't really like a lot of my friends as much, or want to hang out with them because they don't think very deeply or would frown upon the idea of psychedelics.
basically I think i just realized i hang out with simpletons all the time and very few people have any deep thoughts/curiosity and are stuck in the pattern of societal norms

yeah I want to try shrooms at least once just to see what psychedelics are stereotyped as, as visual effects and colors and stuff.
I didn't take a big enough dose (it seemed) to really lose track of myself and let bad thoughts creep in, but also I was with my best friend in a comfortable environment. I feel if I tripped alone i'd be more likely to have a bad trip because i'd be less comfortable

There's no such thing as a bad trip, only a difficult truth. You must be ready to face yourself in your fullest. accept the change that presents itself to you, and forever grow as a person.

Yes absolutely! If your can get your hands on a copy of "Be Here Be Now" by the Hunaman Foundation, I contribute this magical book to my greatest changes on LSD. It's not a normal book. it's impossible to explain except that you're ideally supposed to read it while tripping on LSD. in one night, I read this book, cried 5-7 times, and the next morning, I was new. my entire life changed in one night. my perceptions, my love, my empathy, compassion, hatred, anger... all of it changed!

I truly believe that humanity could benefit from psychedelic learning. peering inward to better ourselves, instead of trying to change what is around us.

So to answer that, yes. Life and Death are in harmony. Black and White. Pure and Impure. life is ever balancing, and that is beautiful.

>sitting at campsite at Bonnaroo
>chilling with friends and smoking weed, doing coke
>girl walks into our camp and asks if we have any scales
>"yea I've got some scales"
>cool, my friend needs to weigh some DMT he'll give you some if you let him use your scales
>dude walks into campsite and uses scales to weigh out powder.
>pulls out a huge bag and asks if we've got a spare pipe to smoke out of that we don't use for anything else
>wtf. No we don't have a 'spare pipe'
>says it's cool and carves a pipe out of an apple
>hit apple and blast off
>grass turns bluish green and I become acutely aware of everything that is going on around me
>see sound waves floating through the air, see colors and hear shit I've never heard before
>high for just a little while then come back down
>dude palms me 40 bucks and a small bag of DMT.
>I get all my friends tripping in the days that come.
>mfw I have no face

I highly recommend tapering into LSD first. shrooms are much harder to control.

Shrooms are primal nature, LSD is human nature. very different trips and outcomes

To me, LSD is far easier to control. Once you realize that your environmental is 100% of your trip, things become easier. tripping is a learned skill, and a powerful one.

Sights, color, sounds, textures, smells.. all of this feeds into your trip. On LSD, I constantly move around. it's very easy to stagnate, and if you're not prepared for an intense trip, stagnating can be scary.

closing your eyes in a dark room is incredibly intense. When you deny your body the basic senses, LSD will substitute

Also grew some massive shrooms for 2 years with an awesome live in girlfriend. If anyone has any questions about that I can inform.

I'll look into that, that sounds like an amazing experience
And that's part of the reason why i was/am still sort of nervous. i saw some traumatic stuff a little over a year ago and have sort of repressed and i'm worried i'll relive it. it wasn't like gore filled or anything, but it was just a painful shitty experience and i fear (or maybe even hope) i get confronted with it at some point so i can deal with it and grow

This is why giving advice about drugs is difficult, my experience has been the complete opposite.

Shroom trips are shorter, easier to have a positive experience and are easier to control than acid trips for me.

Drugs that interfere with your perception of the world are always going to produce a subjective experience.

Yeah,only a couple of friends know that I've done LSD but I wouldn't tell my other friends. It's not necessary for everyone anyways, it really depends on the state of mind of the person
good luck finding a relaxed group of friends!

If you're worried about it coming up during a trip... it will.

It's a self fulfilling prophecy. Psychedelics take you to some weird parts of your brain.

If you're prepared to face it, LSD will aid you through that pain. do NOT stifle your emotions. let it out! scream, cry, laugh, anything. Let yourself free.

If you're familiar with an Ego Death, reading that book gave me about 5 of them. You can feel something physically leaving your body; an impurity in your Ego. It's the most strangely liberating feeling, and once that part of you leaves.. it never comes back. I don't know how else to explain it.

I accepted death, and bawled. I accepted that my loved ones will die, and I laughed and cried. I accepted that I tried to end my own life, and I cried even harder. I accepted that I cannot change life around me, but that life itself is something to be observed and appreciated. We are, quite literally, life observing itself.

Ego Deaths are incredible.. I hope you can experience these things user

This is true, the trip lies within the experiencer. Though with shrooms, different strains have different effects. for me, LSD has a solid framework. I always know what to expect, yet I still learn each trip. Shrooms are wild and fierce. I've only left my body once, and that was on shrooms.

it was daunting, I haven't done shrooms since. It felt as though I detached and joined nature.

yeah I'm probably going to wait until at least the summer to try shrooms. partly because i want to go out and look at stuff and it's so damn cold here. so going outside is pretty much out of the question for the next few months.
but yeah me and the guy i tripped with are sort of taking on these new experiences together as neither of us have tried this stuff before. so it's sort of a judgment free situation with someone i really trust. plus we prepare the environment so it's about as ideal as can be

wow
sounds like a rollercoaster of emotions
Ive been reading a lot about egodeath recently and it seems like a very lifechanging experience. I'm definitely going to order the book, thanks for the advice!

Quick side note: Always test your LSD. there are many fake alternatives that will produce very different trips.

That makes me so happy! My friend introduced me to this book.. now 7 of my friends own it for themselves. I believe there's an online version, but I recommend the paper version. it can be found in most major book retailers under spirituality.

You and that friend are going to grow closer than you'll ever imagine. support each other through these trips. drink water. hug. do what you gotta do!

I'm not going to go into the story, but I was nearly raped by one of my best friends of 15+ years. Through psychedellics, we made amends. it took years, time, and energy.. but hugging him and feeling raw forgiveness sent us both into tears.

I can't believe these"drugs" are illegal...

man. well that's crazy that something like this can have such an effect.
It's crazy that they are illegal, even the fact that they are classified as drugs, which makes people group them with actual dangerous drugs such as heroin and meth. i hate the stigma that surrounds psychedelics

Another tip: LSD alters your reality. There are studies that show that it brings you into a similar "toddler" state of mind as you're able to "re experience" life.

I hated IPA beers.. I tried one on LSD, now they are among my favorite! Permanent changes in perception. Biking, showering, painting, music, human contact.. all of it changes for you.

In regards to depression, it was impossible for me to remain in my shitty little bubble. LSD pulled me into a different world for 14-16 hours. When you leave this trip, you can't lie to yourself any longer. You've been thrown into a life that you CAN achieve.

I contribute this forced perception shift as my greatest tool of recovery in my severe depression. I was proven that life is beautiful, so how could I possibly choose to remain in such darkness?

i actually have sort of a similar experience regarding the changes in perception. sort of weird, but me and the guy i tripped with both love mac and cheese, but we made it while on lsd, and we didn't make it shitty or anything, and it was kind of gross. like the idea of how much we eat of it, when the meal itself is just noodles with some artificial cheese on it. a few days after i made it again and it still didn't taste good. so maybe that experience made me not like it anymore? who knows

That's completely accurate! I have never been able to eat shittily as I used to. I believe that LSD pulls you closer to your roots. If you eat an apple, it's near orgasmic.. but candy? soda? I almost puke. I can have it occasionally, but it still sorta.. hurts to eat?

I'm not complaining! More water, tea, vegetables, less meat.. I never thought this would be me, but it just feels "right" now.

maybe that's why being a vegan is somewhat related to taking psychedelic drugs. like those big youtube guys that talk about them are always advocating veganism

I do believe there is a correlation. Many practices/philosophies believe that eating meat transfers some of that animals energy to you. If the animal lived a cruel existence, consuming their meat will affect you negatively.

On the extreme end, monks often only consume FALLEN fruit and nuts. Plucking food from the plant is considered killing.