I like this album. Sue me.

500% metal

>genre: melodeath

>nu-male metal

Post 'em.

Can't handle too much melody, I get it.

Soon.
youtube.com/watch?v=w7em2CkLuAs

making listening charts is nu-male as fuck.

is that the nu-male chart?

t. nu-male

FUCK NU-MALES
TRUE METAL 4EVER
youtube.com/watch?v=NiUE9SQMH5s

Everything is nu male now, you meme fucks.

>entry level metal

wew

Check out Cynic, Edge Of Sanity, Morbid Saint, Sadus, Sigh, Galdr, Cosmic Church, Judas Iscariot, Arizmenda, Volahn, Ulcerate, Dismember and Entombed.

wtf is that nu-male shit m8 hahaha

Not really, just you

i didn't ask for advice but thanks

Everything except rust in peace and powerslave is nu-male as fuck

Neo-thrash is crap. Besides that, all classics

how is cannibal corpse nu male

t. nu-male

>Nokturnal Mortum is releasing a new album

Holy fuck why wasn't I aware of this

It's common practice in chart posting to give others reccs.

the vocals are literally farts and the melody is shit, it's nu-male af

What the fuck is the point of posting your """""totally unique""""" personal taste if you don't want any discussion or recommendations? fucking faggot

But those are nu-male albums made by nu-male bands

You replied to the wrong person, user.

meant for

(you)

You don't regularly check news regarding your favorite bands. That's why.

What's your favorite band formed in the past 10 years? pic rel

I have so many fucking bands I like that doing so is nearly impossible, seriously I easily have 600+ black metal albums alone, and that's a low ball estimate

Black Breath desu

Arizmenda

I too like it when the guitar goes GRRRRRRRT

>Jon Tron

youtube.com/watch?v=qPErD_Nq5TY

>tfw try to get into spinebreaker but the GRRTTs break my spine

sorry, I guess i don't listen to bands THAT "new"

Still a small band, but:
youtube.com/watch?v=J8Xz3PuqQGM

Yellow Eyes, my fave recent usbm

PARACHUTE,
LA CHUTE
PERDURE
MAJEUR EN L'AIR
LA BITE
BIEN DURE

what's /metal/'s consensus on this?

Since when is /metal/ a hive mind?

It's ok but it will never live up to their first demo

I disagree with that statement.

But bro, metalheads are like one big family you know.

OOOH

>Lyrical themes:
Abstract, Sadness, Nature, Solitude, Peasantry
WHAT

What do you think about pic related?
Just listened to it, bretty gud imo

Threadly reminder.

But bro, family members don't agree on everything, you know?

t. DMU shitter

DURE DURE

EVER LUSTING PAIN

He's up to 403,746 as of right now

on what

>hipster metal
>tenth sublevel

I was lucky enough to get into those guys and then see them live within a few months. Too bad the doom bands they toured with/had opening were fucking boooring, was a bit burnt by the time they started.

Reminder that black goes best with shitload of speed metal
youtube.com/watch?v=QR1o4Qu6I5k
>release date: april 14

Total rip off from Hit the Lights but still sounds great

J'AI TOUJOURS QUE JE N'ÉTAIS PAS FAIT POUR AIMER,
ME COURBER
ESPÉRER
M'ÉCRASER
ACCEPTER
CE QUI ME FAIT GERBER

>Reminder that black goes best with shitload of folk metal
FTFY
youtube.com/watch?v=JiwF23IXGoI

post SPEED

Nothing but Death Metal year poster

According to my database of the classic 80s 90s Death Metal, here are the top countries

1.U.S.A. (264 bands, albeit the number might increase)
2.Sweden (142)
3.Netherlands (76)
4.Germany (65)
5.Poland (64)
6.Brazil (63)
7.Finland (56 - might increase a little)
8.Australia (42)
9.Spain (41)
10.U.K. / Canada (40) ex aequo

>it's a reddit destroys /metal/ episode

>caring about shit that reddit thinks
why?

>a bunch of people with shit taste like a shit album

who knew

>Time Is Up
>bad
fucking wew lad

I know it's not death epic thrash speed core with gurgle vocals but I still dig this album. I just can't get into Zakks stuff, not a fan of his tone or bluesy riffs.

a bunch of rec albums too
prepared charts in html for the sake of easy screencapping and recommending

like usual with these lists, some of the albums are known, while others aren't. also included some crossover thrash / black / death, due to the styles being more fluent back then

1/3

hearty kek. spinebreaker fucking slaps major

2/3

I love that album, but I can't unhear and unsee this
youtube.com/watch?v=1JBzWZq4fXg

Been looking for this song in this video for ages, maybe some kind user knows the song?
youtube.com/watch?v=I38r0UOR_Hc

3/3

the red colored are the albums that were recorded that year, but weren't released

"The Tenth Sub Level of Suicide"'s insert touts its music as "Dark Art for the Satanic Elite", a sentiment metalheads would accept as truth and be thoroughly pleased with as an opportunity to hear something vile and putrid, but under the facade of evil lies grease paint and bald-faced teenage arrogance. Billed by the "cutting edge" (read: hipster) Aquarius Records as "pure misanthropic musical mayhem", this band simultaneously fails to meet these proclamations and, worse yet, insult black metal as a genre.

The album lurches forward with some ambient sounds and then Wrest mutters some "nihilistic" phrases, condemning the listener to an hour of audial hell. By that I do not mean "audial hell" in the Abruptum sense of the word (that would be good), but rather from the painful realization that you're going to bear a tedious, meandering album. The music generally drags on and on but always seems like it might go somewhere interesting, like a grubby man that has put you into his rusty van with the promise of candy once you get to his house. You know it's a horrible lie, yet you just can't resist those Swedish fish!

All of the instruments are clear and audible. You can hear the bass plunking away in the background, the drums are clear and not one piece of the kit is too loud, and the guitars are distinct. All would seem well, but no thanks to the obscene amount of delay, reverb, and distortion, the vocals just run into each other, becoming a formless, grating, indistinct whirring that refuses to go away.

Is Extol nu male?

The production itself is "dark", murky and hollow, but not in the sense of "Pure Fucking Armageddon" where the raw sound was caused by budget constraints which inadvertently made the music sound evil. No, this is simply some San Francisco hipster's idea of what "old school" black metal production should sound like. The insert's boasting of the 4-track which recorded the album underscores the depths of Wrest's arrogance as well as expose his disingenuous attitude towards black metal. How kvlt of you, Jeff! The murkiness hinders the instrumentation and causes it to resemble an esteemless, scrawny, weak janitor.

The riffs themselves are mostly tremolo picked lines, some minor thirds to achieve a depressing sound and power chords for a more traditional sound, all mashed together without any sense of logic, going from one mood to another with no proper transition. It seems as though he scrounged together a few good riffs, threw some filler into the mix, and then rolled a 20 sided die to figure out what order to place them in. I must admit, the opening riff to "Mine Molten Armor" is neat. The bass doesn't always follow the guitars, but you really have to pay attention to hear it. Sometimes it sounds fine, but on a few tracks it has a very "Korn" like feel. You know what I mean, that plunky, too much high end, almost slap bass sound (see Sardoniscorn). The piano adds nothing significant to the atmosphere, and the ambient portions sound like a bunch of half-assed reverberated sounds, with some being played backwards and others just droning on ad infinitum. Songs seem to go someplace, but stop short and lumber about like a drunken bitch struggling to decide which lucky football player to suck off.

asking if things are nu male is a nu male behavior

that Deathcore album is fucking underrated
kinda reminds me of Macabre, and i fucking love Macabre

This is actually a concept album, a fact that has escapes all too many people. There are ten songs (the ten sub levels of suicide) detailing torment, suicide, depression, and far too many fragmented thoughts. The lyrics read like a morbid fourteen year old girl's LiveJournal who is trying to persuade herself to commit suicide, yet doesn't want to do it because her mind is made of mush (she is a woman, after all). They're often quite childish and come off as disingenuous, as well is incomprehensible at times. Here is an excerpt:

"come with us
you belong to us
kill yourself
you deserve this"

Long ago, I read an interview with Wrest and he said that some kid came into the tattoo parlor where he worked and gave him a copy of Filosofem. He listened to that fifty times, along with Mutiilation's Vampires of Black Imperial Blood and decided that if he took each album to an extreme that he would create the ultimate black metal album. He recognizes the aesthetics of the genre and nothing else. Wrest needs to pick up the latest Stephenie Meyer book, a new vibrator, and leave heavy metal alone.

I dunno if many people like atmospheric black metal, and I fully expect to be told to "go back to Middle Earth, faggot" since as far as I can tell that's the kind of stereotype this kind of metal carries but I really like this album.

youtube.com/watch?v=jfi-9Qbh4Tk

to be fair, I didn't really like that album until now
and the reason why I tried it, because it was one of the few remaining albums in that year that I didn't give a chance. it's a good album nonetheless

have 1991 chart, because I like beer

1991-1993 were the most important years, albeit 1996 was something of a culmination of the DM movement, even if the Black Metal was ruling the underground for few years

>Wrest needs to pick up the latest Stephenie Meyer book, a new vibrator, and leave heavy metal alone.

kek

That Jumpin' Jesus album is one of the most surprisingly good OSDM albums I have heard.

Don't talk shit about Twilight

>insult black metal as a genre
who the fuck are those people who wrote it to speak on behalf of black metal?

Time for Storytime:

Hear my story of the Pestilence that brought the plague to the humankind.

It started long time ago, in the times described in the yellow, ancient scribes during the medieval times, the times of inquisition and christianity ruling the world with its iron hand, and merciless crusaders. At the peak of their reign, something unexpected happened…

1/10

Greatest track of 2015

youtube.com/watch?v=3YWg6yGqW_Q

It was then when the sudden insanity started, a dark plague that ignited first through insects swarming the unexpecting humankind, and then through birds, with wolves finishing this work of rotten decay. No one could find a cure for the mysterious plague, and soon, every living being turned against each other, in an abnormal contest of survival.

2/10

The cannibalism became a common practice. Humans started devouring each other equally in lust, gluttony, as if the self-destruction was genetical, and the plague was instead a cure that unlocked the ultimate limit of human depravity. Disturbingly enough, the process seemed natural in how humans were killing each other, like it was their real destiny. But neither propeths or the messiahs knew about a mysterious device that lurked in shadows of the forgotten temple…

3/10

The only thing remaining from the dead world was a device in the spherical shape, of unknown use, destination, and purpose. The device hidden in the old temple of the ancients, and serving as their testimony. In all recorded history of the civilization, no one ever came close to solve the riddle of its real meaning. The legend says that the sphere was as old as the world itself, or even older, and that it was given to humankind by the God himself.

4/10

Lmao first time I saw that video. That's great. Jake's not bad, wonder why Ozzy got distant and got rid of him. Everything I read on it someone gives a different reason.