User

user,
how do u combat existential crises ?

Acetaminophen

Sauce

live life for yourself be happy dont have large goals focus on now but have backup plan for is there a god assume no and even if there is your still his creation loves you like a father all that bullshit

Good weed; lowers my inhibitions to tackle everything piece by piece rather than everything in life collapsing around me at once

I usually just smoke a bunch of weed.

Accept that nothing you or anyone you can ever think of matters in the scheme of the universe, and as such nothing you do bears any real consequences except in this mortal coil.

I look at my life and see just how blessed I really am in comparison to others and them I try to help them out as much as I can

you don't, stop combating, let the rain fall

That's not true at all. Everything you do in life effects where you spend eternity. And before you say you don't believe in that, that doesn't mean it's not true because there's no way you can know for sure.

Learn to control it

kill yourself cause it doesn't really matter whether you live or die

control is an illusion

I've already made up my mind. I got tons of drugs and alcohol, and a spare key to the car. I'm either going to wrap it around a tree or go as fast as I can on the highway and crash into something. Trips decides if I do It tonight.

roll

That's not true at all. Everything you do in life effects which celestial unicorn will blow you out their ass. And before you say you don't believe in that, that doesn't mean it's not true because there's no way you can know for sure.

Just leave a note so people won't feel guily

That's literally what he's asking how to do fucking christ

Roll

do it.

better yet let me come with

Drive until you run out of gas and/or drugs and alcohol. See some crazy shit then if you still feel like it just find the nearest train tracks to wait in front of in your new frontier.

You become Tyler Durden.

Even with these trips we'll never know because you'll be dead you faggot

Nihilism

alcohol and denial :D

I work. Keep busy. Try to be constructive. Improve myself. Make art. Travel. I collect things. Have a hobby. See new things. Get out of the house. Get laid. The sense that nothing matters is always there. But little feelings of accomplishment help me.

Just please don't drive into somebody else, that would be extremely unfair to them

pic related age 12

>yfw

Normal people do a bunch of fucked up shit and are literally just living giant lies. But you've flipped it around. You try to be edgy cuz you think others are weenies but really you're the fuckin pussy. Go out and break heart after heart until you're normal

No such thing as a normal person.

ive discovered in myself that i spiral into depression and self hatred when i have no goals to pursue

im not going to say "make" goals, because that would simply be worthless snd meaningless. Rather, find and discover a goal. whether it would be getting ripped and shredded or save enough money for a new car.

its a super materialistic way of experiencing the world, but you need to realize there is nothing more to life than what you are witnessing with your eyes right now. life without purpose is a meaningless life.

Just don't run into anyone else while trying to kill yourself. No one else should suffer just because you're too much of a faggot to work through the rough times.

basically keep yourself busy OP

Stop drinking. Only use weed, shrooms and LSD and become a hippy that spends his free time in the forest. That is what I did and everyday is awesome. Everything else is shit. If you can't get drugs just be a hippy in the forest anyway. It's still good.

It's not something you can teach him to do.

Existential crisis/coping with mortality is shit that you go through and learn to deal with when you're like 6 years old.

go find 4 grams of psydelic mushrooms. And eat them on a empty stomach.

Either you find meaning or you have simply delayed your tree inspection by a few days. No harm done in checking before you go go

can't find sauce

anybody know who?

No you won't you fucking faggot, you wanna die? Look for a useful way to die, die in a fire as a firefighter, die in a gunfight to save that little girl, but don't be a fucking useless piece of trash and endanger others while being the most selfish anyone could ever be

what?

pic related age 12

>yfw

HookupHotshot - Chloe Couture - Be A Slut Do Whatever U Want

to be honest I couldn't agree more

Become an atheist

Edward Snowden said in Citizenfour "I could be okay with giving up the life I knew, because I thought that getting that out there was more important. I could still be happy with my human experience."

Make sure you're enjoying your human experience

stop existing.

not all existential crises involve religion.

drink some alcohol and do some psychedelic
listen to radiohead
try to imagine your life as a photo album while doing so
dwell on every moment comparing it to the present while thinking of the future

you should feel fine after this

Reminding myself that nothing lasts and then trying to buy time.

Re invent your identity

Start listening to your favorite genre of music and only that all the time. Define you're favorite artists and then your favorite albums listen on repeat. Or pick a new one

Establish your own style/dress. Something that's you. Even if it's just white t's and jeans.

Don't let things define you but use things to define yourself.

Talk to yourself. Out loud. Become your own best friend. There's a term "rubber duck debugging" do that with your life. Except don't carry a rubber duck. Just the concept.

Analyze the origins of your choices and the reasons behind them.

Take a long ass walk or go running. Clear your head.
Stop thinking in grandiose
Stop thinking existentially
Pull the metaphysics and philosophy out of the question just focus on being an animal basically. Do what you want to do. And whatever you choose. Just enjoy it. Fully.
Want to sit on the couch or sleep all day? Do it. And love every second of it. Don't feel bad about doing anything you enjoy(as long as it's not harming others)

weed and beer, boy. Weed and beer.

with apathy

Nuke the planet!

roll

Look into Albert Camus, his writings resonated with me. Crazy personal story too,
> French-Algerian philosopher/writer
> Calls his views absurdism
> Second youngest nobel prize winner in literature at 44
> died in a car accident at 46

"In Le Mythe, dualism becomes a paradox: we value our own lives in spite of our mortality and in spite of the universe's silence. While we can live with a dualism (I can accept periods of unhappiness, because I know I will also experience happiness to come), we cannot live with the paradox (I think my life is of great importance, but I also think it is meaningless). In Le Mythe, Camus investigates our experience of the Absurd and asks how we live with it. Our life must have meaning for us to value it. If we accept that life has no meaning and therefore no value, should we kill ourselves?[32]

In Le Mythe, Camus suggests that 'creation of meaning' would entail a logical leap or a kind of philosophical suicide in order to find psychological comfort.[33] But Camus wants to know if he can live with what logic and lucidity have uncovered – if one can build a foundation on what one knows and nothing more. Creation of meaning is not a viable alternative but a logical leap and an evasion of the problem. He gives examples of how others would seem to make this kind of leap. The alternative option, namely suicide, would entail another kind of leap, where one attempts to kill absurdity by destroying one of its terms (the human being). Camus points out, however, that there is no more meaning in death than there is in life, and that it simply evades the problem yet again. Camus concludes that we must instead "entertain" both death and the absurd, while never agreeing to their terms.

Also I agree with this answer he gave in an interview when asked about his time growing up playing for his local football club
> "After many years during which I saw many things, what I know most surely about morality and the duty of man I owe to sport and learned it in the RUA."[14] Camus was referring to a sort of simplistic morality he wrote about in his early essays, the principle of sticking up for your friends, of valuing bravery and fair-play. "

So just enjoy it, and take steps that lead to what YOU define as success. Good luck