A person is born deaf

>A person is born deaf
>They have 0% ability to hear
>They have no concept of sound
>They have never heard a word

What is their internal dialogue?

Do they have an internal voice? How could they.

What is it like when they read?

As you are reading this to yourself you can hear it inside your head. You hear it in spoken English.
You read "blank"
you hear "blank" in your head as a spoken word.
You understand the concept of "blank"
You continue to read.

In what ways do deaf people think or read?
How is it organized in their mind?

It's exactly like recalling something that doesn't make a sound.

Even if deaf you have a concept of vibration, because you can physically feel those. Words though yeah, it'd be different. It might be like reading programming.

This is a mind blowing question

You read code silently?

you can see images, videos, and concepts in your mind man, it's not that hard to see how they do this without sound.

>samefag

Most people with dyslexia have no internal dialog either.

They think in sign language I guess just as you think with words.

don't you play a video of the scenario of the words you're reading in your head?

check the number of posts and posters in the bottom right, this is your first time on Sup Forums huh?

They will use whatever signal based communication they know: If they use sign language they might imagine doing those gestures while thinking. The language center ,the center for mucle movement (which also applies to your vocal chords) and the center for hearing are all seperate in the brain as far as I know.

A friend of mine told me that it is not very different from the rest of us. He just recal whatever sensory input he is provided.
Meaning that he can dream in pictures like the rest of us.

I must be a,small percentage I'm dyslexic and have internal dialogue. But this is a,good question I can't imagine "silently thinking"

This is precisely true. Also, it is extremely difficult to explain in metphors.

Try learning to read another language without learning the sounds of the characters and you have your answer.

but wouldn't you just translate each word back into English in your head?

People I know who don't have English as their first language actively translate everything back into their native language when speaking to someone using English.

depends on how fluent they are
people very good at multiple languages can think in them

If it's not words I don't "hear" much. Rather, the logic that is being expressed between them and the symbols and formatting feels different.

What? No dude. I learned English as a second language and I think in English when I speak English.
Sometimes I even want to use English words when speaking German or vice versa, because some ideas have a very specific word in either language.

"real" deaf persons can't read and speak.
Why does nobody knows that, they can't think like we do. They're really retarded.
The "common deaf" person you meet can hear a little bit or was able to hear in the past.

No man, you seem to be really uneducated about the topic.
If deaf children get the proper education and live in an environment that supports sign based communication they can be just as intelligent as regular children.
Some can even learn speaking by touching another person's throat when speaking and then imitating the vibration they feel. Imagine how hard that would be.
Some of those guys are mad intelligent, probably more than we are! They are faced with immense challenges each day and have to grow, we can just be lazy.

What if you're deaf and blind? Would you feel every word on your finger tips as you thought it

>skipping this answer

That or its probably more just raw emotion and concepts.
Like when they see the word "left" a secondary sense like propioception might give them the idea of "left" without hearing it.

If you don't have any meaningful sensory input you can't learn anything, it's obvious. Some children literally die from sensory deprivation, or stay mentally handicapped. If you can't even experience your environment, then how can you communicate with it?
If you were to lose these senses after having learned some form of communication you might be able to learn a new form.

Exactly, there is an innate sense for certain topics. The human brain can connect these ideas to almost anything I guess, but I think the form of communication also influences the way of thinking. If you have certain words for a specific emotion you might be more prone to feeling it, as you learned the concept of it when learning the word/gesture.

same way as a person who was born blind can see colours if they take LSD.

it's all neurological. cool fact about inside voice, your vocal chords move microscopically.

It's probably hard to perceive, but there are other thoughts and feelings associated with words, they'd have the same but separated from "hearing" anything.

My friends who could speak another language said to me they dream in their family's language; so its not too hard to imagine for me that deaf people think and dream in their 'language' of silence

Only one (You) here fagglecock

This is no so mind-boggling OP.

Check this out. Suppose a person is born deaf, blind, and schizophrenic. What do they hallucinate?

your ears have got nothing to do with hallucinations, its all in the brain.

>be me
>17 years ago
>sénor in h.s.
>have a deaf kid in computer class that sat next to me
>i cant read sign language gang signs
>one day this hot ass chick in the class bends over with her ass practically an inch away from his shoulder
>he doesn't notice
>wave my hand to get his attention
>type out "Look behind you" on my screen
>he reads, then turns around
>he looks back at me like

They understand language, but if they try to speak they sound like sea lions ARF ARF ARF

I know you don't need sensory input or existing sensory data to hallucinate. My question is not whether they will hallucinate, but what? After all most schizophrenic hallucinate things they've seen or heard before. But what if you have never seen or heard anything? How will those hallucinations manifest ?

I can answer this because I'm deaf.

I primarily visualize my speach in a kinesthetic way. I can feel how my hands would move to convey my thoughts without moving them. If I'm typing i can feel how my fingers are going to move before i move them.

As for internal monologue, i don't really know what you mean by that, I know the phrase but i simply can't grasp the concept. but my mind normally thinks in visualization. If you ask me a math problem i can see the numbers in my head.

I can "hear " btw

Every time a loud car comes by i can feel the shaking in my sternum, same as most loud things

I also can put speakers face down on my desk and feel music through my hands

don't know much about schizophrenia, i'd guess the brain is wired to hear things even if you don't have ears, just means that you don't use that part.

being deaf doesn't necessarily exclude you from hearing center in your brain of millennia of genes and anatomy.

i gave a blowjob to a deaf guy once, shit was grotesque

it's gotta take a whole lot of trust to give a blowjob to a blind guy, make sure you don't go Houdini on him mid blow.

I'd imagine it's just thoughts. You don't need to give a word sound to think it, it's just what most people do.
As other user said, if you've done much programming you just read the code as raw logic, yet it still makes sense. I guess that's how it works, and how we thing about thinks when we're less active.
Just like thinking of a drink, your brain doesn't read out the word "Pepsi", nor do you see a vision of it. Your brain doesn't tell you "I'm hungry", but you still know enough to go to the fridge and rifle through shit, all without making a verbal thought.

>actively translate everything back into their native language when speaking to someone using English
If you learn a second language properly you don't do this. The raw, logical meaning of something just gets prescribed to multiple words.

cool

They think in text or images, I would assume.
Though now I'm curious whether deaf people have an easier time understanding languages where the written representation is divorced from the sound.