What was the point of this movie? What was Snyder trying to say? Literally what am I supposed to take out of this...

What was the point of this movie? What was Snyder trying to say? Literally what am I supposed to take out of this, what was the main plot thread?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=qvIPXX5K_aA
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Deconstruction of Superman in a modern, 00s, world, both in real world and in cinematic world (cinema changed in America after 9/11)

Okay so what does it have to say about deconstructed realistic post 9/11-superman? That he's confused and more concerned with what people think of him than he is with saving their lives?

Did they actually make a Superman movie where the point was hat Superman would be wishy washy and irresponsible in real life?

Nature vs nurture or maybe its just a cape blockbuster.

What did you get from The amazing spiderman 2, avengers 2, thor 2, xmen apocalypse or any other marvel movie?

>about deconstructed realistic post 9/11-superman
That Man of Steel doesn't bend under fear mongering, cynicism (BVS)
DAMN I wanted to say that.

It was a ton more personal and harder film that I expected. It tries to craft a character , the *human* Clark-Kal-El with faults, issues and goals. He is pretty much lost and confused for a while, dons the suit because that's what expected in MoS I feel.

>That he's confused and more concerned with what people think of him than he is with saving their lives?
You should probably rethink back to the Pa Kent + Clark Kent scenes. That shit messed with him.

and BVS is his reconstruction where he dons the suit because he finds the reason and purpose in himself.

For the record I consider MoS pretty bad and BVS decent.
>inb4 300 replies of company wars and usual shitflinging

>Did they actually make a Superman movie where the point was hat Superman would be wishy washy and irresponsible in real life?
No, they did a movie where the point is to show Superman growing. Not starting as the mary sue he is later. So yeah, he starts as a clumsy superhero and then he grows into the regular superman.

Regardless, the only thing he did wrong in the whole movie was throwing Zod into the gas station. Was uncalled and probably killed a bunch of people.

Metropolis was already destroyed by Zod when he got there.

What is OP trying to say with this thread?

He was also outnumbered by kryptonians.

Who had been trained soldiers.

Who said they kill 10 for every 1 he saved.

Not to mention this was the first time he 'put on the cape'

I think that moral relativist superman is a pretty unfortunate character. Of course moral relativism exists but isn't there supposed to be some part of superman's life experience and interpretation of what a man is that ties his morality to some natural justice? This movie lacked the 'I know I am just a man but man can learn to do true good in his time on earth' moment, since Superman isn't even really confident by the end of this movie. Superman is supposed to show how a man can be a hero, not show how much self-doubt the people who call themselves heroes can have.

>tfw man of kino fanboys threatened some youtuber with death threats and it made the news since police are investigating

hmm

>news makes money selling the story that people typed 'kys' in response to cringe

Where the hell can I even watch the BVS extended version?

lrn2torrent

I don't know. Superman goes out of his way to save people for zero recognizition .
It's more about him deciding what to do with his life if he should be a public hero but he gets thrust into the limelight during a massive alien invasion

I worked under Synder on the film, and under Terrio for a bit in Detroit and then a few other places.
By the time WB got done with it and make sure it had a PG-13, it was unrecognizeable. I don't care if you believe me, that's the reason I can do this here.

I'm not going to write an essay, but I'll answer specific questions if you ask. Yes, I know what the next script us but no, cannot say shit about that, am still under non-disclosure no that.

The film goes a lot, lot deeper than you can imagine. Terrio was a Harvard Eng summa cum laude grad and he's a crazy person who literally doesn't care about money.

IF you haven't seen extended version (and the blueray coming out in 3 days has even more), you'll understand a lot more when you do.

>This movie lacked the 'I know I am just a man but man can learn to do true good in his time on earth' moment
of course MoS lacks that since that was the fucking point of BVS

Hollyyy shit DUUUDEEEEe

>Superman goes out of his way to save people for zero recognizition
Superman was always meat to be a Christ metaphor before Terrio even got the script. If you had seen script before Terrio got it...you'd understand why Goyer is completely out now.

>uperman is supposed to show how a man can be a hero
Superman is not a "man," he's a god. He's a Christ metaphor who "dies" to save mankind, a mankind who has only persecuted him for trying to save them.

Snyder is a Christian Scientist (not "Scientologist) and this was always intention of that movie.

It's just a movie lol

Except only Christ metaphor he gets is from the POV of people, lots of symbols get destroyed, Jor-El notes that humans will perceive him as a god (note, not saying 'he is god') etc.

What CAN you tell us about MoS2?

Bumping for interest

You have to read The Republic

That teamwork can save the day. It's retarded but at least they made it work.

just turn your brain off XDDDD !!!!

youtube.com/watch?v=qvIPXX5K_aA

This is where there is confusion, because traditionally Superman was Christ-like but in no way Christ Himself. I still don't get where it's explained how Superman is literally a God, besides that he punches people really good, but the movie takes it as a given that he's God or Christ. I may be taking things too seriously but just being a savior and surviving your sacrifice does not make you Jesus, there's a lot more that has to happen.

Your takeaway should always be gimme gimme my quippies

To be honest, Snyder was the only director who actually made me care about a Supes movie. Well played, Warner Bros., well played.

>Literally what am I supposed to take out of this, what was the main plot thread?

Sacrifice

Pa Kent sacrifices himself rather than reveal Clark as Superman and by the end of the movie Superman sacrifices Krypton for Earth

Superman is geeky farmboy from Kansas who wants to be a really, really good reporter. It's everyone else who wants him to be Jesus.

Maybe this is why the movie didn't work for me, I found Pa Kent's sacrifice to be meaningless because I was never convinced of the 'but people will be confused and hate you' thing even in the end.

you are supposed to allow yourself to be entertained by it, retard. It's a cape flick, don't overthink it