Best recursion in mtg (edh leagal preff) pick related

fuck typo XD

Sheoldred

No

already got built in artifact and enchantment destruction for you bitch
nice

>tfw this does nothing against Living End

that too there are a coupple that get around it

It's just really annoying since the cascade spells exile it before casting it, so the second sentence does nothing
And Living End exiles the creatures before putting them back on the field, so the first part does nothing.
I only know 2 people in my area who play it, but fuck I hate that deck.

hello!

???

Yawgmoth's will or Goryo's vengeance probably

Fuck you

based angel factory

not recursion plebs

Life from the Loam/Stinkweed Imp/Top/Library/Arena/eternal witness/sac outlets

That shit should be in pretty much every deck. You just end up with the shenanigans. If your playgroup is casual and doesn't care about ultra hate, Sidisi, yawgmoth's will, chains, chainer, etc or blue, mini jace -> brainstorms/high tide/extra turns

There's millions of things for recursion. 'best'...

I've seen Earthcraft used in some pretty nasty recursive combos. I think it might be banned though.

This card is mediocre at best. So is OP's card tbh. They both cost way too much. They game should be over by the time you have 5 mana....or at least you should never be wasting 5 mana to recur something.

Eternal witness, revilark, reanimate, etc are all VASTLY superior.

Targeted recurrence is even better (use sidisi as a general or a chump that comes back like reassembling skeleton or stinkweed imp that you want in your graveyard and a sac outlet so there's no way to counter it).

Let me remind you of stanicfka's eggs, has one of the best recursion cards in the game.

I've only ever built a few decks that heavily used recursion mechanics and both of them also had pretty heavy ramp for this exact reason. Consistency was the problem most of the time. If you failed to get the ball rolling you don't really have any outs

Don't rely on it. Don't rely on shit in EDH. It's 100 cards. Unless you're playing mono black all you should be relying on is that you're going to get some random cards. Every single card in an EDH deck should be 100% amazeballs in and of itself regardless of the other cards in the deck.

Any card that you pull from your deck should interact well with cards in your deck and cards that may or may not show up in your opponents decks. Don't rely on your general, don't plan to get a card, don't plan on your graveyard working or being able to ramp or draw cards, nothing is consistent.

EDH is basically your pile of shit against another pile of shit. Tutor, card draw, removal, shenanigans. Your general is the bonus card.

Someone doesn't play EDH

Rise of the Dark Realms

recurring nightmare

Literally all I play....

Banned as shit. Even banned in REAL EDH (multiplayer). Card is broken as fuck.

Chainer too. That's why I said "if your playgroup is ok with degenerate stuff..."

Might as well just run contamination/mono black sidisi general. That makes lots of friends.

You asked for the best recursion, i give it. You can play it in Cube. It's even legal in the MTGO cube.

EDH is retarded, it's for the casual who doesn't want to play in real tournament ( a bit like vintage/legacy)

Build an EDH deck with minimal to no fast tutors some time then try swapping out a single card and tell me how many times you have to play that deck before you see the swap have an effect.

It will literally take you months of play before you notice anything.

Fast tutors and duplicate effects (weird commons/uncommons that are functional reprints) are the only thing that makes it possible to build a conceptual EDH deck.

If you take the concept of the game to heart then you wouldn't even build some degenerate shit like 'Cascade' or 'Hermit Druid' or 'Doomsday'. It goes against the whole functional purpose of EDH in the first place.

It's literally SUPPOSED to be 'your pile of shit vs my pile of shit'.

>It's literally SUPPOSED to be 'your pile of shit vs my pile of shit'.

what you are describing is limited.

EDH is about creating a non official format, so people who are bad at the game can compete together while skilled player play the official format

Edh should be about having fun I guess

I've played since 94-95. We have always played 1.5 rules. I'm not interested in playing modern, that's retarded, and it's way too expensive to play vintage. I'm not spending a year's salary to play magic. It's bad enough that I probably have $10k in random cards, I'm not building a $10k DECK that needs thousands of dollars in tweaking to STILL get my ass kicked regularly by neckbeards who spend 80 hours a week playing the game.

It's fine that kids play modern now and all but it really fucking pisses me off when they have no respect for vintage/legacy. You clearly don't know what the game used to be like. Modern/standard now is nothing like the way the game was years ago. Playing competitive Modern now is literally autistic kid vs autistic kid. There is nothing fun about it.

It's pretty much a given that any deck can beat any deck. 'Deck building' is not even a thing to me anymore. It's just some theoretical physics to talk about between games.

>tfw there will never be an Urza planeswalker card

Eternal witness + blade of selves

I'm 32 and i've started playing around tempest block.

I haven't owned any physical competitive deck since Odyssey.

I only play limited, mostly on MTGO. I don't care what you think about modern or any other constructed format. But playing in a small pool full of awful player doesn't let you experience what the game is about.

You're retarded.

There are EDH tournaments. You know that you get plainswalker points for playing EDH right? How is that not 'competitive' ?

EDH's original intent was to make a game that was casual, using the original legends from 'legends' as the generals so that you could use cards that you would normally never use. It was designed to be an open, multiplayer, format, with fluid rules. It has nothing to do with being 'not competitive'.

French commander has evolved out of that into a hyper competitive format (just as much so as legacy/vintage). Try playing competitive EDH if you're unskilled at mtg. You'll fail.

People play EDH now because it's cheaper and more fun than legacy/vintage and it doesn't cost as much money (I don't have to buy 4 volcanic islands, 4 karakis, and 4 moat's to make a fun deck).

We (for the most part) quit playing shortly after fallen empires/4th edition then picked it back up later on (10 years later?...kamigawa-ish?).

Everyone I play with has played for 20 years. They're not terrible. 60 card is not fun. It's not difficult to build a fucking deck in standard or modern that is repeatable. There's a fucking meta, you look up the meta on the internet, play the meta, win or lose based upon either 1) card draw or 2) you fucked up a single play. Boring.

You should swap decks when you're done if you want to see who is the better player in 60 card now. There's 30,000 unique cards and if you go to a tournament everyone uses the same pool of probably 1,000 cards. What's the fucking point.

Play some competitive EDH, someone will play some shit on you EVERY SINGLE TIME that you have NEVER SEEN before. That is WAY more interesting to me. Dealing with the interactions of my deck and 2,3,4 other decks, a weird uncommon card, effects no one would ever normally use...that's how you're supposed to play.

Muscle memorying the fucking same shitbag 60 card decks over and over until someone makes a mistake or draws the wrong card in the wrong order...you should just play a bunch of computers against each other.

>here's a fucking meta, you look up the meta on the internet, play the meta, win or lose based upon either 1) card draw or 2) you fucked up a single play. Boring.

And yet it's always the same player that win the tournament and it's never you.

EDH is randomness, and that's why you find it so fun : you suck at playing the game, and understanding the subtility, so you need things to be random.

Anyway, if you were bored with how repetitive constructed is, you could still have played limited : it's less time consuming, cheaper, and it offer a lot of variety

I run this as a one of in my Nic-Fit legacy deck; does so much work

>5 cost spell
You fucked OP. But I'm not going to tell you a better resurrect spell.

There's still a better resurrect spell. It's cost 2.

This is relevant

Yawgmoths Will

Checked and Keked