*blocks your path*

>wh-why do you g-gotta f-front?

red album is top-tier weezer desu

if by top-tier you mean their second worse album, then sure

>second worse album

Red > Make Believe > Raditude

Did you forget Hurley

Hurley is their 3rd best, if you actually listened to it, you'd know that

Don't mass with Rivers dude, he's the greatest man that ever lived.

Have you ever listened to Hurley or do you just buy into the meme that it's shit because you were told that?

I get that it came out on the heels of Raditude but fucking hell it's got a lot of good songs on it. I'll take it over Green any day.

if you ask me, he needs some rogaine to put in his hair

what the fuck shit taste is this, Hurley is the worst thing they did. Weezer is my favorite band, but Hurley manages to be even worse than Raditude.
Blue = Pink > White > EWBAITE > Green the rest are interchangeable.
Red suffers from poor decision making, as does almost all of 2005 - 2013 era Weezer. If Pig, The Spider and Miss Sweeney took the spot of the other members songs from track 7 to track 9 the record would have been great

>hasn't listened to Hurley

opinion discarded

Red has the worst lyrics of any Weezer album except for maybe Raditude. Songs like Troublemaker, The Greatest Man That Ever Lived and Everybody Get Dangerous are so cringe inducing that listening to them is a depressing experience.

Even a decent song like Dreamin is ruined by that god-awful bridge section with Brian "can't sing for shit" Bell describing some Disney movie bullshit.

At least Hurley has Run Away, Hang On, Time Flies and Trainwrecks. In fact the only cringe-tier songs on Hurley are Where's My Sex and Smart Girls.

If Hurley had a different title/album cover and it had come out 2 years after Raditude it would be considered a decent return to form.

However, they followed up their worst album less than a year later with a literal meme of an album title/cover and nobody felt like giving it a chance. So everyone just pretends it's Raditude 2.0 when that really couldn't be further from the truth.

Not to say Hurley is amazing or anything, but it was nowhere near as bad as Raditude or even Make Believe.

Brian Bell's voice is an integral part of the band, you fuckstick.

I got the record the day it came out, try harder
>Brian can't sing
what the fuck am I reading
Hurley shouldn't even quality as a Weezer record when the best song (Run Away) doesn't even have the band in it, it's literally Rivers Cuomo ft Ryan Adams with some back vocals by Brian and Scott. Oh and Trainwrecks is one of the worst songs they ever released
I agree that the title/cover didn't help with the public, but a record with Memories, Trainwrecks, Where's My Sex and Smart Girls can't be qualified as a return to form.
And I truly believe that Make Believe is underrated, the only truly bad song is My Best Friend. And sure the production fucking sucks but that's a different discussion

>And I truly believe that Make Believe is underrated

Kek

>Trainwrecks is one of the worst songs they ever released
how fucking pleb can you get?

Yes and it's passable when it's kept in the background or harmonizing with Rivers. His lead vocals on Red are garbage. Thought I Knew is embarrassing and his section on Dreamin' somehow manages to be even worse.

Memories is fine and one of their better singles of the 2000s post Maladroit. And Hurley objectively was a return to form after Raditude, regardless of the quality of the music.

>"Weezer is my favorite band"
>no mention of Maladroit

holy shit people actually listen to more than their first two albums?
Reading this thread was an eye opener. I saw them as a band where fans like an album, but not someone's favorite band where they actually care about the whole discography.

>Perfect Situation
>This Is Such a Pity
>Hold Me
>Peace
>The Damage In Your Heart
>Pardon Me
>The Other Way
>Freak Me Out
>Haunt You Every Day
all good songs
ok man
Brian's vocals are great and like the other user said an integral part of the band, but you think Memories is fine AND one of their better singles so whatever
>the rest are interchangeable
next time read everything

Pinkerton > Blue > Maladroit > White > EWBAITE > Hurley > Green > Red > Make Believe > Raditude

C'mon son

this

perfect ranking

I would change a bit but overall I can live with this.

That's pretty good!

for me, right now, it goes
Blue > Pinkerton > White > EWBAITE > Green >Maladroit > Red > Make Believe > Raditude > Hurley
but you know what, opinions are like assholes, the thing that matters is that you guys all seem to like the Weez

>purposely excluding Beverly Hills
It's a good song and you know it.

I agree with you that Make Believe is underrated, but holy fuck Maladroit is better than everything but Blue and Pink

I'll never understand why people continue to underrate Green. Does it display an almost sociopathic antipathy to emotion? Yes. Do I give a fuck at all? No, because they are literally the best melodies Weezer ever had.

Green era was objectively Rivers' most fertile period of creating melodic music. No one is taking away Pinkerton from you, but forgive me if I want to see his talent flow in a way that is uncomplicated by histrionics.

Seriously, just thinking about it now I'm realizing, if you tell me that the composition of "Say It Ain't So" is better than the composition of "Crab" I will call you a damned fool that is blinded by emotion