Hey guys I'm thinking about enlisting in the navy or the navy reserve...

Hey guys I'm thinking about enlisting in the navy or the navy reserve. Right now I'm a 23 year old emt-b about to start paramedic school and i am stuck in shitty private companies making barely enough to live off of. Will joining help me out of my shitty situation

>joining the military to make money
You might just be stupid enough to join.

>be me
>have dd214
Trust me. You're better off getting a second job.

People die in this shit. Just work for a private company that makes products and services that people WANT to buy instead of working for the state.

Im 21 got my medic a few months ago im at a shitty private company too been a basic there for 2 years wanted to join the army to be a 68w but too much of a pussy. Kind of regretting not joinng. Just get your medic then get in a fire academy and join a local department or do a medic to RN bridge program. Im torn between the two.

Better off selling weed is more like it.

Well money and im sure military looks good on applications

I wouldnt hire you. You might be trigged by a middle eastern guy trying to buy some smokes.

Sucking dick behind a dumpster is a better plan than joining the military for more money.

Applications? Bruh, if you aren't looking for a job that requires a resume, then college is a better plan.

My boss doesnt hire new vets either. He thinks they're all racist bullies

My end goal is a fire department and I'm sure vets get preferential treatment there

you can enlist as an HM and spend most of your time shore side. if you were to put in the time you could build up some decent skills depending on where you go.

Navy corpsman here.

What do want to know?

Best thing you could ever do. I was in for 10 years, and before my life was going nowhere. I went in as an aircraft electrician. Made E-6 in 5 years and pretty much skated the other 5.

After I got out, I sought out a recruiter who worked with ex-military and companies that are military friendly.

I now make $289K a year. I have no college degree and worked at focking Circuit City before the Navy. You tell me if it was worth it.

Thats what i was looking at and was going to try and keep my credentials while in also maybe firefighting and hope they cross train

How is it as a corpsman? Are you greenside or hospital? Active or reserve? Were you part of ems before the navy and do you plan on getting into ems? Do you recommend active or reserve?

yeah my buddy has been in i think a little over a decade and he's the equivalent of a PA. you get very basic fire fighting training from boot camp and submarines. Its just tough because where you end up is up to chance.

Nice

>How is it as a corpsman?
Best decision I ever made. Advancement rate sucks, but you learn a lot and hopefully do good things for your brothers in arms.

>Are you greenside or hospital?
Active Duty; General Duty Corpsman (0000) at a hospital. I'm an ER Technician.

>Were you part of ems before the navy and do you plan on getting into ems?
I was a nurses assistant before enlisting, and now I work in emergency medicine.

>Do you recommend active or reserve?
Active all the way. There is Jack shit for work out there so with the benefits, training, education, guaranteed income it's a huge net gain.

How long were you in

Joining military you will have a place to stay and food to eat but not much money. You could save yourself money buy getting training as EMT in military, but with service time.

Still in. It's been 2 years and some change.

I already have my emt training and I'm starting my medic training in 2 weeks.

Nice was it hard getting HM