Are potatoes appreciated in your country?

Are potatoes appreciated in your country?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=tMes353uc-Y
youtu.be/9KAhzxl_QnI
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Good thread

They're usually as side dish and mostly in curry. Pic related is chicken curry that you will eat with rice.

Mexico
No

There's hot and spicy curry and sweet curry, depends on the region.

OP here. Personally I eat lots of meat and potatoes with some sort of green vegetable like most white people.

Really? You guys don't like papas? I understand American Mexican food is pretty different, but I used to have a lot of potatoes whenever I had Mexican.

I always like a good curry with potatoes.

We do, we actually have the biggest genetic diversity of potatoes, even more than Peru, where they were originated. I was only talking about pic related, the reason behind the great famine and also why we have such a wide genetic diversity of potatoes.

Gotcha, now I understand the picture better. Nice on the potatoes. I've felt a desire to try making my own Mexican food but something about it seems pretty intimidating. The only time I've ever tried making any sauce was just easy-peasy white (béchamel) sauce and you guys have some pretty complex stuff. It blows my mind to think there are millions of Mexican homes making their own salsa every night.

Whats your favorite way to do potatoes OP? I'm lazy so I love a good wedge. Yukon or Russet for those.

where Ireland at? he dropped its potatoes

Hell ye

Frankly, most of the time I boil them and put this stuff on it. Sometimes I bake them like wedges, but that requires a little more attention than I'm willing to give 90% of the time.

And also other gravy based dishes like pic related. Idk the english name but it's called Ayam masak Kurma.

Forgot the pic.

Americans aren't white.

youtube.com/watch?v=tMes353uc-Y

We've conceded less to our injuns.

Fuckin' beautiful. The Maltese are chill.

Maith an fear

Potatoes are the most based vegetable aside from Broccoli. It contains starch which is a polysaccharide, which is way healthier for you than white rice for example, because of it's low glycemic index.

Irish is so fucking strange.

Right on, Nordbro.

Do not insult the Irish language

>language

potatos are treated better than most people

But you can't get poisoned by rice, unlike potatoes

t. Yun Ming

>you can't get poisoned by rice
*dies of salmonella*

China will become the #1 potato consumer by 2030

youtu.be/9KAhzxl_QnI

If you leave cooked rice out for 2 days, even if it's in the refrigerator, you'll shit your guts out from bacillus cereus food poisoning
Quinoa's where it's at

Potatoes are gods gift to the world. Cheap healthy and taste good, what else can you want in a food?

No you can. Cooked rice is the perfect breeding ground for entamoebas such as entamoeba histolyica and other nasty bacterias such as escherichia coli as well as countless of txic funghi that can even eat uncooked rice so you'll have the toxins in the rice while cooking.

I'm loving this thread, lads.

Considering many people are eaten alive, you're right, Poland.

Interesting.

>Dickensian gruel rather than based potatoes

I'm glad that we have a consensus. By the way, why is Austria responsible for the greatest music of all time? Could it be potatoes?

We used to be rich. Like absurdley rich. When you have so much money laying around you can afford to sponsor arts and science. Germany was simmilar in this sense but they are more known for science.

>tfw you've learnt how to make salsa asada from abuelita
Awww yiss

In Japan, it is known to be a crop that saved the dark world called Europe.

It's nice when the rich do cool things with their money.

this thread makes me happy post more potato

>not a single ireland post

fuckin hell lads