Not having an i7

>not having an i7

Other urls found in this thread:

forbes.com/sites/aarontilley/2016/10/20/amd-third-quarter-game-consoles/#44ca7f637814
amd.com/en-us/press-releases/Pages/amd-takes-share-2016mar14.aspx
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>op
>not being a faggot

>not wasting money on an i7

>having no reason

>not having money to waste

>sometimes greentext is confusing to follow

Not much of an increase over i5. Sure as shit doesn't make up for the $150+

fx-8350 reporting in, getting on average 10 fps different then my friend's i7 4770 and 6700k rigs.
depending on game engines i can get 10 or so more or 10 or so less fps.

dont see a reason to pay double the price for a processor for less the 1/4 boost in performance. senpai

what makes the i7 better than some other commercially available options? i'd love to hear your input

Having a n i5 6600k

>being poor

Not getting a xeon x5690

Someone that actually owns an 8350 and just upgraded to a 7600k here

This guy is full of shit, stop trying to excuse your shitty decisions, shitter.

6700k master race checking in, lol @ AMD peasants

Fx8350 here, suck my rendering times faggo

as a filthy casual thinking of building a rig, I don't get this "muh iNumber" meme

The speeds compared to the prices don't add up

Do they hold up better o some shit?

let the peasants be peasants

amd should just start calling themselves niggers. because thats what they are.

i5s aren't really that much faster than i7s. My overclocked i5 probably shits all over your i7, pleb

you just went full retard

Lol
>rendering times
>guys I also run a 780 ti
>why bother upgrading

>not understanding the difference between an i5 and an i7

Most games will see zero benefit from an i7. Hyperthreading is only used by things like 3D modeling, video editing etc. It won't increase FPS in games. So if you aren't doing professional grade workstation stuff there is no need for an i7.

See this shit is why console peasants continue to mock us. We need better unity in the community or those console shitstains will catch up to us. It's not helping any that they found 4k in our trash. At this rate it's only a matter of time before we get overtaken.

i7 master race reporting in. i5 can suck shit with garbage framerates and resolution.

I'm fine with the i5 4690k I got from a friend for 50 bucks. Slapped a water cooler on it and over clocked it and paired it with a gtx 1060 and I can max out everything at 1080p. I will probably get a kabylake i7 and a 1080 ti when I move to 4k

If you dont know that i7s are faster than i5s you are either retarded or trolling

it depends on the actual micro architecture on your chip. each one of the different versions of chips has a slightly different physical design that will impact how it performs. that said, AMD is just a bunch of filthy niggers so fuck them

Still have a fx6300 @4.6ghz

Runs fine never seen my pc run slow or general gayness.
Games get great framerates even with the highest settings.

Fx 8350 master race.

No they mock us because they don't walk around saying "console master race" and "PC peasants" like a bunch of autistic shit kickers.
>guuh my gamer experience is better than urs leet leet n00b

poor niggers detected

>unity in the community
this isn't about muh gayms you faggot. your fucking computer is a lot more than a fucking world of warcraft machine you sperg lord.

>k
Literally

>currently own an i5
>computer is behaving like it might possibly die within the next six months
>seriously considering deliberately buying a computer too shit to play modern videogames to remove gaming as an option

>implying Sup Forums knows a micro-architecture is

Tho it does depend on the game, the difference Iv personally seen between the i7 and my fx have been minimal in real world gaming. they rule the benchmarks for sure.

My current system specs.
Asus 970 pro gaming aura
fx-8350 @4.4ghz / hyper 212 cooler
16gigs 1600mhz cas8 crucial ram
1070 zotac amp extreme
evga 750 gq power supply
240gig ssd
1tb hd
Corsair carbide alpha case

Im into the rig about $900 total now. i got alot of the parts onsale/openbox deals on newegg

Gonna get a 8 core AMD Ryzen myself.

Intel has fucking dropped the ball and allowed AMD to surpass them.

there really are people out there that look at a computer and have absolutely no clue how it actually functions.

Lmfao whew I won't even say it, I'll let someone else.

Ryzen is a fucking marketing ploy. good goy, suck that delicious AMD asshole.

Personally intel or amd, I would wait to build a system untill after Ryzen is released. prices on intel processors and mobos should go down aswells as all the fx series amd stuff

>not using NVIDIA

what the fuck is wrong with you

When it comes to gaming, it doesn't really matter between an i7 and a decent AMD.

My nigga!

Core i5 6600 non k
Gtx 1070
4k god tier. I need more games to enjoy. Currently DOOM, Overwatch and battlefront.

heh?

i just went from an x5690 to an 5820k.

the x5690 @ 4.4ghz was equal to a stock 5820k, gr8 cpu.

x58 was just lacking too many things for me.

still need something better tho, being poor as shit sucks..

It does if you're retarded enough to have brand loyalty.

I enjoy video games, but people who identify as "gamers" and make it a lifestyle are cringy as fuck. The only thing worse is people who watch livestreams of other people playing video games for hours.

Look at the footage from loads of people at the CES 2017. Intel fucked up an allowed AMD to surpass them.

I have an i7-6500k in my laptop and an A10 in my desktop. The i7 can munch numbers like a stoner at a Chinese buffet, but the A10 manages to get superior game performance anyway. Why? Because of the GPU fuckers. The desktop is running with an R9 380 and the laptop uses an R7 460. CPU's aren't the problem here. As long as you aren't running something like a fucking celeron or a phenom or whatever that weak shit is or playing some stupidly CPU intensive game (I'm looking at you Minecraft you fucking tumor) then CPU's are basically a null point.

Tyrone detected

hows gta v run? still cpu limited?

I still use my gaming OC from 2010. It was decent then but struggles on modern games. I haven't purchased a new game in about 2 years now. I still play some of the older ones but not very often.

It's amazing how much my life improved when I got real hobbies and hung out with people in the real world.

Nvidia cards overpriced and under-powered. They artificially boost their benchmarks with CUDA yet still, time and time again, AMD cards have been demonstrated as having more raw horsepower out of the gate.

>Intel fucked up an allowed AMD to surpass them.
you can sit there and keep saying that, but its clear you have no idea what you're talking about

This is exactly it, dont waste the extra $150+ unless you're doing animation or graphic design

.. just like every other computer hardware decision, you pick hardware based on what the computer is going to be used for..

gaming? i3/5/whatever amd has now.. are you going to render/stream stuff on a daily basis? i7

are you going to play 1440p/144hz? 1070/1080, are you going to play 1080p/60fps? rx 470/480

naw dood me too, i OC'd mine to 4.2 with an RX 480 and literally can hit ultra 60fps in everything i play

>implying Intel hasn't done literally anything while AMD has been struggling to catch up

Whatever's next from Intel will send AMD back into the hole for another few years.

Intel arent focused on the regular consumer anymore, its all enterprise now.

>if it's truly better it won't be overtaken. And it is so stfu.

Says the guy with a 1070. A non-tryrone would have waited for the 1080ti's.

I'm not getting rid of my 980ti till the 1080ti's come out.

Haven't tried out GTA yet. Everything else has been cranked to max and doom and battlefront are about 45-65 58 being avg and overwatch is at 80 with dynamic set to medium(high bring highest)

Pretty much this.
have a decent cpu and gpu and it will play anything.

>Stop liking what I don't like

Laughing with my E3 1230v5

that's where you're wrong, kiddo.

I run an i7 6700 32 gigs of ram and a gtx 1080 and I get 100+ fps @ 800x600 what more do you need

My last OC rig died a couple of years ago; I'm just running this i5 stock. I'd probably play some old games now and then, too; but at least I wouldn't be sinking shitloads of time into more popular ones that people still play.
>It's amazing how much my life improved when I got real hobbies and hung out with people in the real world.
Honestly I'm mostly already there; I just want to go further with it.

Clearly you haven't been watching the CES 2017 reviews. It IS surpassing Intel.

Intel doesn't seem to give two shits about the CPU market anymore. They haven't even tried to advance for years now.

>I run an i7 6700 32 gigs of ram and a gtx 1080 and I get 100+ fps @ 800x600 what more do you need
>@ 800x600
That subtle bait.

It's not even subtle

Last years Intel.

please, more technically explain to me HOW they're surpassing intel. i understand that your little brain seems to think so, but you're not substantiating that claim with anything more than
> I SAW IT ON TV I THINK SO

I have been paying a little attention to CES but for fucks sake, you do realize that entire convention is a giant marketing move? of course that shit is gonna be hyped up at something like CES...

mines paired with a gtx 970.
New games drop in fps when shit is going fucking crazy. But remain playable and quickly catch back up. never drops below 40fps average 55-60fps on new titles. Crushes every older game.

Yeah, I think intel finally realized that us basement dwellers really aren't a prime market anymore. Since AMD still owns the market for embedded systems, they've started to push against that with their server cpus and their new shit like Pc-on-a-stick and that weird edison card or whatever it's called.

They ran their "yet to be realeased" processor against a year old i7 in a video conversion test and beat it by 4 seconds.

>Since AMD still owns the market for embedded systems
slow your roll cowboy, lets see some numbers there, thats a hell of a claim.

you don't know dick

They're matching (and beating in some cases) intels cores / threads their speed and performance and in addition are actually running cooler than i7's.

The CES convention was set up to showcase the Ryzen in computers NOT using AMD Gpu's, but nVidia ones to showcase how well these chips perform.

Not needing one. Whatever's in this laptop works fine and I got it for free because some idiot spilled a drink in the keyboard.

playing all games on best quality, feels good man

Enjoy being spied on fag.

I'm not into illegal shit so I aint worried

My server, on the other hand...

>Doesn't know what spybot-antibeacon is

Goddamn that is one miserable fucking way to anhero.

It doesn't fucking stop the background spying your fucktard.

There is still loads of information being sent to MS. Even with anti-beacon. Open a file, information sent to MS. Open a program, information sent to MS.

Check out: forbes.com/sites/aarontilley/2016/10/20/amd-third-quarter-game-consoles/#44ca7f637814
and:
amd.com/en-us/press-releases/Pages/amd-takes-share-2016mar14.aspx

Give me a source then. I don't believe you.

> Still using Windows in 2017

>2017 Not having a Mac

how fast is your i7, OP?

Now THAT'S bait

Windows is better than linux.

ITT we brag about making Intel big dogs wealthy so we can browse trap and furry threads in full UHD with no load time

Your lack of knowledge is rather appalling.

This Mac fag isn't me. I was talking about Linux. I would never pay retarded shit like that for what amounts to a basic PC. Run Linux on a basic PC and you have the best of both worlds, also people won't assume you're gay.