Why does your country not buy American cars, Sup Forums?

Why does your country not buy American cars, Sup Forums?

too big

We rebadge them

I drive a Japanese car because there are no good AWD American cars.

Unreliable and cheap pieces of metal

either that guy is very small or that car is HUGE

Because theyre ugly and poorly designed, the Aveo here is a literal joke

Id rather spend my money on VW or Kia

Also
>living in an area where you need a car
Kek kys

too big
and I don't need a big car to show off

I did desu.
It has a full BBQ set on back, lmao.

Hey, not all American cars are big.
They have decent compact cars as well.

are US compact cars small enough for tiny japanese streets?

免許が高い
税金が高い
土地が高い
車は危ない
車は臭い
車は人殺しの道具
電車とチャリがある

Say in English

Focus RS looks very comfy

There is no reason to buy an American car which is greatly inferior in quality and price, bad in design, and can not expect after-sales service at all.

American cars are not as valuable as British cars.
should follow French and Italian cars.

As long as the side width is within 1800 mm, it's drivable for me.
For example, BMW 3 series and Mazda 3 are my limit of confident maneuver.
The Audi A4 is too big to drive relaxed.

Most Japanese women would hesitate to drive cars with over 1700mm width on narrow streets. That's why they stick to Kei cars or compact cars like the Fiat 500 or the MINI.

>It's cheaper to buy mercedes and bmw.
Your country is simply fucked. I heard they rip you with Sony games too.

>American cars are not as valuable as British cars.
compared to what, a fucking Bentley?

Everything that is not produced locally is very very expensive. While BMW and Mercedes are produced here, Cadillacs aren't.

I want Ford Thunderbird and Mercury although I don't have car and can't drive

Licences are expensive.
Taxation on purchases is high.
Land prices are expensive (for keeping cars at home).
Cars are dangerous.
Cars give off bad odours.
Cars are a tool of murder.
We use trains and bikes (instead).
英語は難しいか分かるけど
もっと勉強してくださいませんか

>give off odours
I came across this phrase for the first time. Thank you.

Land Rover

public transportfag detected

Please stop forcing the whole Americans are obnoxiously ignorant cunts, meme. It doesn't do anyone any good.

You could also say "smelly fumes" instead of "bad odours", as they have toxic smoke coming out of their exhausts. The first phrase is more about their impact to the surrounding environment whereas the second phrase can also refer to the inside of a car stinking. A lot of people call that "bad car smell".

*rebadged
);

Too big, too thirsty, too cheaply made. American cars are still made mainly with Americans in mind, and the American market has always had some unusual priorities. All the good small cars sold by American brands like the Ford Fiesta and Ford Focus are actually European developments.

Mine does!

Love my American cars and Japanese motorcycles!

Also no service network and bad resale value.

Haven you driven the newest Chevy Cruze? Only slightly bigger than a fiesta. When I rent cars when traveling I get a Cruze if I can. I like the way they drive.

The quality of German cars is not very good.
The world knows that the state and business have cohered and cheated the inspection.

Not sold here. Either way it rides on the same platform as the more premium, better made Opel Astra.

Which I wouldn't buy either because now that GM are sucking Opel dry and leaving them as an empty shell for Peugeot I don't know what's going to happen to the service network. Seriously, GM are fucking toxic to whatever they touch.

We have better cars already

That's a Ford Europe design though. All

not common here, which means expensive to repair

With the exception of electric cars, our cars suck. Even our pickup trucks are bad.
There's a reason why there was a war in the Middle East called "the Toyota War," and not one called "the Chevrolet War."

Malibu is decent

They don't work very well driving outside

They are also quite dated when leaving the factory floor

Ford decided to withdraw from Japan.
So other decent sized American cars left other than Ford is..... Jeep Renegade?

There's one thing your pickup trucks are excellent at though, and that's bridging a ton of weight classes with a lot of common parts. Foreign pickup trucks barely manage a half ton capacity, and then it feels like every manufacturer produces an entirely different vehicle for every additional weight class.

We can buy Infiniti here, but never seen one on the road. Disgusting design

full mileage, not really reliable, not build here (export is expensive) and too big to be handy

I own an F150

Drives a truck, must be a ____.

Because our streets are too narrow for American cars.

Because they're shit-tier?

People believe they are unsafe and use too much fuel.

I will buy an American car one day. But only a very specific one.

Is that just because it rhymes?
I drive a truck because I live on the side of a cold, snowy mountain, and my unpaved road is off of another dirt road. Unlike a lot of suburban faggots (looking at you, TX, AZ, the South, and the rural Midwest), I actually need my truck for practical reasons. It's not really considered cool in Vermont to have a big vehicle unless you need one.

There's a hint of truth to every stereotype. And there really are tons of people in the US that drive trucks for no god damn reason or just to reinforce their hierarchical position on the road because they're selfish assholes.

Hell, there might even be someone on this board right now who will rush to the defense of pickup trucks and start posting photos of them towing semi trailer sized campers, but we all know damn well that this is the exception, not the standard.

It seems like a lot of yurpeens perceptions of us are stuck in 2002-2008.

they use an insane amount of fuel and i heard they are not always so reliable

It never went away. Once the financial crisis cooled down, sales of pickup trucks and huge SUVs soared again.

Trust comes on foot and goes by horse.

>Daihatsu
>reliable
Wat. My family had one in the early 90s and the exhaust simply fell off on vacation in France.

>early 90s
The index is from 2015 I think

I drive a Ford

But it's a less disgusting looking version of a much more disgusting looking car

I assume jap cars back then were weak to rust

The American cars I would like to own would cost too much to run. Our gas prices, despite being the lowest in the EU, are still way higher than gas prices in USA.

And why would I buy a generic sedan from an US manufacturer when there's 10 European manufacturers who make the same thing?

I agree with you except for
>this is the exception, not the standard
As relatively cheap as fuel is for us, it's still not free. Most people I see in pickup trucks (not including SUVs) appear to have a practical reason for driving them. Remember, there's a lot of the country that doesn't get shown by the media. We're not at Texans, Californians, New Yorkers, and Floridians, and we don't all live in homogeneous suburbs.
Fair enough, but trucks and SUVs aren't nearly as bad on gas as they were 10+ years ago. My truck averages 22 mpg, and that's in a mountainous area with lots of stop-and-go driving.
Which model?

American brand automobiles Americans actually buy are not cars but pickup trucks.

Their love for trucks is so big I bet their truck market alone is larger than the whole EU car market.

"I haul a washing machine once a year" doesn't count as a practical reason. And abroad Americans are known for throwing money away for status.

They are all left hand drive, at least until the new mustang came along. Despite our high petrol prices, the new mustang is selling quite well and 70% of them are V8s.

Because they are shit, unreliable and most of the times have a terrible fuel economy

We have an old Ford Orion '86 (automatic) in our garage as a backup car.
Still does it's job perfectly fine.

But it's not really an American car.

No one really use American car here.

All I want in life is to drive a Mini Convertible but they're not available here. ;w;

my mom has a Ford

My parents bought my younger sister a fucking tesla

When I got my license, all they gave me was a Honda civic

See, what you pictured is the exception, not the rule.
>I haul a washing machine once a year
I mean, do you think we all have white collar and retail service jobs?
If all you're going to do is meme, then there's no point in discussing this with you. Not that there's a point to anything on this entire retarded website, but you get what I'm saying. If all you have is "hurr durr meriga dumb n wasteful n stuff," then I'm going to get bored and gtfo myself outta here.

because we drive on the correct side of the road.

Blue collar workers use company work vehicles on the job here, but they don't drive them around privately for no reason just to look more blue collarish.

The trucks most Americans buy are useless as work vehicles. If your truck doesn't have drop sides and/or a tipper you are an accountant pretending to be a cowboy.

Yeah, most blue collar jobs provide you with a vehicle here too.
This isn't Europe, and not every square meter of this land has been broken. Also, the various climates here are generally more harsh than anything you'll find in western and central Europe.
How many people do you know who live on a dirt road, and not because of poverty? How many people do you know who own a boat, ATVs, horses or other livestock, or anything else that would need to be hauled on a trailer?

Look, I've already said that urban and most suburban people who own these large vehicles are ridiculous, but most of the people I've known in the 3 regions where I've lived (Midwest, Rockies, New England) have had a truck for practical reasons. It's also very common for folks to own a truck for the aforementioned purposes, but also own a car for normal transportation.

>If your truck doesn't have drop sides and/or a tipper you are an accountant pretending to be a cowboy.
No, that's just reductive and wrong. Besides, what do trucks have to do with cowboys? And how many accountants could there possibly be?

I've never seen a dirt road that was impassable to cars.

Also anything short of houses on wheels is light enough to be towed by smaller vehicles. Then again we're more sensible about towing to begin with and require people to learn about it before they do it. Also semi trucks are electronically limited to 56 mph, right on the money for safe towing. We don't expect to do it at 80 in a hurry to drive our monthly payments across half a continent to throw more monthly payments into the water.

Parts are expensive and theres a sitgma associated with them because most 90s and older americans (at least the one I came across with) use imperial measurements so you needed to buy a whole set of wrenches and tools just to repair your own goddamn car.

And anything more recent than that is just generic garbage built to break after the warranty period breaks.
But more expensive, so at this point you just buy european brands if you're poor or toyotas/hondas if you can afford massive import tax on both the car and the spare parts.

because german>all

I don't even have a homed

Trucks without dropsides are absolutely fucking useless. Your bodyside pickups are a joke.

Even in the US actual work outfitted trucks are fitted with proper beds that are flat and can be accessed from all three sides. What's the fucking point about only getting stuff into the bed from one side?

You are a lying fuck

30% of Americans work blue-collar jobs. Nearly 35% of the passenger vehicles sold are trucks/some modification of a pickup truck.

That means that EVEN if all the blue collar workers bought trucks (they don't) then there would still be a lot who just are wannabe "men" compensating for their dick size.

t. American abroad

What you have pictured is an SUV pulling a boat...
Try pulling a 1/2 ton trailer through the Rockies with a midsize sedan. That should be fun.
I'm beginning to suspect that, no matter what point I make, you're just going to say something to the effect of "no, let me tell you about your country." I've admitted that the core of your point is valid, but that your perception of the prevalence of this behavior is inaccurate. What can I say that could overcome your clearly entrenched bias?
I suspect that you are one of those Germans who doesn't understand that building a house out of brick, stone, or concrete won't stop a tornado from destroying it.
It just depends on what you're using it for. I don't need drop sides on mine. How am I supposed to answer why I don't need something as opposed to you telling me why I should have it?
How many of those trucks are fleet vehicles? Also, read the thread. I've stated several times that urban and suburban dicks with huge trucks are ridiculous.
And it's not just blue collar people who might need a truck. How's an attorney who owns horses supposed to transport them?

What's the actual weight of a "1/2 ton" trailer?

And I am aware that wooden houses make sense in earthquake or tornado territory, but this also doesn't change the fact that since the '80s American housebuilding has generally sacrificed quality for quantity. Pretty sure you guys are at 2,700 sqft median for new constructions nowadays, and this doesn't even include garages, attics and unfinished basements.

BRITISH car with american badge desu

Design/aesthetic of yank cars is embarrassingly bad.

Japanese > German > All

American cars are poorly made as fuck.

Now Japanese cars, that's some good shit. I know of at least a half dozen Toyota's that are running with 500,000km+

British-German car with American badge. Don't forget about Ford of Cologne.

*Eurobeat intensifies*

Drive one of these for work, have to haul several hundred lbs of HVAC equipment in the bed and up to several thousand lbs of equipment on a trailer.

Really like it, its held up to a lot of abuse without any issues and it doesn't drive like a minivan or a riding lawnmower (*cough*Tacoma*cough*)

450 kg
The house comment was sperg bait, bud. What I'm getting at is that this conversation can be summed up thusly:
>why all meriga do dis?
Not all
>yes all cuz I sed n I have pictures of merigans being dumb lol

We're just going to keep going in circles. I drive a truck because I need it for property/road maintenance and my hobbies. You think I don't really need a truck.
Ok.

Now, what I don't need is a 2,500 sq ft, 4bd + addition, 3ba, house for 2 people and a dog. That's a status symbol, but it's what my wife wanted. Happy wife, happy life...
Tinner or service tech?

tech

>450 kg
That's nothing.

>Happy wife, happy life...
Happy payments.

British-German Fords are best Fords.

Right on, bro.
>That's nothing.
If you say so.
>Happy payments.
Yeah, because renting (which costs more) makes perfect sense.

Fords sell well here but I imagine that's mainly down to Ford of Europe designing and building the cars.

that looks familiar lol

You can get used trucks for pretty cheap. Probably less than the repair cost when you tweak that little baby unibody

Renting doesn't generally make sense, but a 2,000 sqft house will be cheaper than a 2,500 sqft house.

Also renting does make sense when renting a van or box truck once or twice a year spares you from having to run an expensive pickup truck the entire year.

You lot constantly seem to overestimate the technical requirements for towing. You don't need a reinforced frame or big engine to attach half a metric ton of weight to your vehicle. Cars won't suddenly start twisting their bodies or shattering their transmissions just because they're towing a small sailboat. It's just an ATV or a sailboat, not a fifth wheel trailer full of cements bags.