What are some essentian Russel-core movies that are a mustwatch...

What are some essentian Russel-core movies that are a mustwatch.So far i watched 4-5 movies with for like a week(Pic related,Escape from New York/LA,Used Cars and some other)Any other good stuff from him that is a mustwatch?

Why are 80s and early 90s movies so comfy? The camera, the fashion, the way people speak, the lack of cell phones. Pure comfy.

Is that the one where he sounds like John Wayne the whole time?

yep they are.Im probably watching Tango & Cash today.Is this shit good?

The Thing, Soldier, Tomb Stone, Sky High

muh comfy

Do it. If you're marathon Kurtkino you have to. You have to. It's funny.

im checking them right now but damn why is Soldier such a failure at the box office? Budget:60m$ Box office:14.6 m$

It's pretty shit, but it's really enjoyable shit.

why do you hate being comfy?

I think it was the Cold War in the 80s and coming off the Cold War in the 90s. People just wanted to have fun and take their minds off nuclear annihilation. Stories were much more simple with clearly defined villains and situations that needed to be dealt with.

The thing is just a 5/10 movie. first quarter starts at a 8/10, but then it get SOO fucking comically stupid that one can only laugh at certain scenes.

The whole explenation of what the thing is and how it spreads it also pretty stupid. But oh well, what do you expect from john carpenter?

It's kind of corny, but it's got great acting from Kurt.

Bone Tomahawk

Breakdown

>why is Soldier such a failure at the box office?

Probably drowned in the more popular scifi action of that time. It's a very good action flick though. The movie isn't high art but Russel's performance, the setting, and the fight choreography are pretty amazing.

I enjoyed The H8ful Eight too

Pretty disturbing but a good movie.

Sounds pretty logical. All of the neon and comfy suburbs help too.

Tango and Cash

THE THING

Bone Tomahawk

I just watched Escape from New York

Interesting to see all these thing Hideo Kojima has a boner for combined in a single movie

Vanilla Sky

Great summer flick

no goddamned fucking cgi

INTERSTING

H8ful 8, m8

>sky high

Fuck it's so underrated. Kurt and MEW in one movie. Also someone has to mention Tombstone.

They had some damn good dental on that other planet.

this x1000

Can't believe he's only 5'9"

Bone Tomahawk

DELETE THIS

Sky High is so fucking amazing, so much better than it has any right to be. But it is.

And Tombstone might be one of the best movies ever made

No he isn't, I met him at a bar in Key Marathon. I'm 6'3 and he towered over me. Also he's not old and he can totally beat up your dad.

DELET THIS

Miracle is a must. I love Kurt and this is one where you don't feel like your wagging Kurt be Kurt. It shows he can actually act.

comfy thriller

you got something agaisn't comfyness plebbe???!

He would have been a great Jim Morrison. There are scenes in that where he looks exactly like him.

movies had better pacing.
I blame CGI for ruining pacing.
>Oh...so this scene a guy on a motorcycle fights 15 ninjas on top of a train while firing a bazooka at a dinosaur
>we can't do that
>fine, lets just have the guy fight a few ninjas

now with cgi the director has no restraint which leads to boring long winded action sequences where the film literally stops while a computer cartoon takes over

Mr. Russel please don't get so worked up.

It's not healthy at your age.

I sometimes forget just how wide a range of moves Russel has been in.