I feel alone

Dear Sup Forums, I feel all alone in the world. Everywhere I go, everyone I meet seems to have loved this movie. I thought it was one of the biggest steaming piles of rehashed shit I've ever seen. I figure if anyone else out there feels the same, this is the place they might be.

So please /vr/, tell me I'm not all alone on this!

You need validation for your feelings? Die as soon as possible, you fucking waste of skin.

It's garbage. My friends agree

Have you ever considered that YOU are the problem?

Repeatedly, but I keep coming back to that not being it.

My old man thought it was shit and he loved the originals. I didn't bother seeing it, Star Wars is for children.

Fucking Star Wars 7. This Fucking movie right here.

My dad and I would always watch Star Wars together. One Christmas he got me a box set of 4/5/6. He also bought me a X-Wing that he had my cousin put the stickers on so it would be perfect Christmas morning (cousin was big in to building models).

When 4/5/6 was “remastered” by Lucas we saw them and that led to us seeing 1/2/3. Fast forward years later and he's in failing health but still getting around. I ordered him Episode 7 so he would have it the day it came out since he hadn't been able to go see it. (I live 11 hours away now)

>Hey user, got my movie! Thanks I'm gonna watch it as soon as I get a chance. I just haven't been feeling good.

Mom found him on the floor a few hours later after coming home from the store.

Yeah the movie sucked, but it would of been nice to talk to him about it. I can't stand to look at the cover of the movie. It was one of the last things we talked about.

yeah it was trash. What do you want from me?

I really wonder what it is about TFA that triggers people so hard? Like, if you didn't like it, sure, whatever, but you're fucking delusional if you think it's worse than the prequels, which are fundamentally broken movies on every level.

I have no other choice but to assume these people have some kind of agenda, whereas they're triggered by the movie being bankrolled by Disney, or the female lead, or the nigger.

I saw it in the theater with my dad

We both eye rolled at the ginger nazi speech

The fact that so many redditors still name the forse awakens as "the greatest or most significant or most influential" star wars movie ever only tells you how far reddit still is from becoming a serious site. Patricians have long recognized that the greatest star wars movies of all times are episode 1 and episode 3, who were not the most action-oriented or richest or best sellers of their times, let alone of all times. Redditors are still blinded by commercial success. TFA sold more tickets than any other star wars movie, therefore it must have been the greatest. Redditors are often totally ignorant of the prequels' subtleties. No wonder they will think that TFA did anything worthy of being saved.

>"memey" omg look at me so parctical fake forest fake snow xDDD
>omg le pro look at me operate the camera man xD meme
>le epik ligthsabers actually glowing mimi itss like were really in the movie xDD

Adorable. Star Wars: The Reddit Blacked Cucked Awakens apologists are insufferable. You're all cuckolds who are going to get cut down by me and my god given right to own a firearm in the inevitable race wars started by the zionist kikes and their nigger slaves. Rey is a Mary Sure and I hate women, they shouldn't be allowed to fucking vote or be educated let alone hold a lightsaber. I like the prequel because the entire cast is white like it should be and Samuel Jackson has been sold to me as a "cool" black guy so it's acceptable. Star Wars was created for god-fearing americans such as myself and kids shouldn't be allowed to own toys of black characters. JJ Abrams has ruined this franchise and George Lucas is our saviour.

holy shit

all my fob friends thought it was shit, most of them saw that han solo was gonna die as soon as he stepped on that bridge, and claimed it was obvious

it wasnt bad really, but it wasnt good movie, and it wasnt a good star wars film

the prequels at least have a creative heart and an artistic vision even if they fail as films. TFA was just lifeless and forgettable apart from kylo and finn

OP here. I actually like her and Fin. They were the best parts of the movie in my opinion. I didn't like that the whole thing felt like a rehash of the earlier movies, down to almost every scene being a reference to another.

I also think Kylo Ren is one of the written worst villains ever and him killing Han was embarrassingly lame.

I have about as much respect for The Force Awakens as I do for the dog shit on my shoe.

It is reddit, it is capeshit, it is cheeto dust, it is video games. It's nothing more than memes enjoyed by simplistic pledditors. I have ZERO respect for people who are not free thinkers and blindly enjoy the reddit memes that comprise Cuck Wars: The Search for More Money.

I'm literally screaming, slamming my arms on my desk right now just thinking about it.

>the prequels at least have a creative heart and an artistic vision even if they fail as films.

Creative heart and artistic vision? You mean "make it all in a computer because I'm a director who hates directing"? There's more heart and soul in TFA than the entirety of the prequels. JJ cut through the bullshit and made the Force back into what it always was in the original trilogy - the mystical life force that if you believe in it, you can do great things. That's all it needed to be. The prequels fucked everything up with hamfisted jesus allegories that were implemented because Darth Vader sells toys.

>I also think Kylo Ren is one of the written worst villains ever

Confirmed pleb

>There's more heart and soul in TFA than the entirety of the prequels. JJ cut through the bullshit and made the Force back into what it always was in the original trilogy - the mystical life force that if you believe in it, you can do great things.

jesus christ no

all the force was in TFA was a bullshit plot contrivance that allowed his favorite characters to get out of whatever bad situations they found themselves in. Rey barely knew of the force's existence one scene and the next she was mind controlling strangers. fuck off with that shit.

>all the force was in TFA was a bullshit plot contrivance that allowed his favorite characters to get out of whatever bad situations they found themselves in. Rey barely knew of the force's existence one scene and the next she was mind controlling strangers. fuck off with that shit.

Oh yeah, because you're a dumb prequelbabby using dumb prequel logic where the Force is biological power levels and to become powerful in it you need to be kidnapped from birth and be subjected to 20 years of a literal Yoda school where you wack around lightsabers with your jedi toddler buddies in a hamfisted callback to the original film which makes no sense.

KYLO REN HAD MORE MIDICHLORIANS THAN REY? HOW DID HE LOSE????

Though not perfect, it's still a pretty great movie.

I can understand if people are unsatisfied by it though as long as they don't think it's worse than the prequels.

It was shit that appealed to the sjw generation

yes the force is inherently bullshit but that doesn't mean it allows randoms to mind control people after needed to be reminded of its existence. That is literally the precursor to Rey overpowering Kylo (a trained sith master with years of training of the force) and mind controlling people. Someone reminds Rey that the force is a thing and she's like "oh yeah, the force!"

I mean, fuck, why did Yoda bother subjecting Luke to all that bullshit if he just had to recognize that he had genetic force powers and then remind him that the force was a thing?

She mind tricked one dumb stormtrooper, and if you can't understand why Kylo Ren lost that fight you're an idiot who doesn't understand basic character arcs and most likely not worth debating. That you think Kylo Ren is a "trained Sith Master" (BECAUSE HE FROZE A BLASTER BOLT DUDE THAT WAS SO EPIC) speaks volumes

and Luke only had, at most, about 3 weeks of training. His final test was a philosophical test of his character, he had to confront his Father and resist the dark side, it's not a literal Jedi final exam as the prequels implied.

>there's no possible way the following movies in the trilogy will shed any light on things i find nonsensical in TFA

this is all i see when people like you post

this is the laziest apology to shitty JJ writing yet it happens all the time. The previous Star Trek movies he wrote are fucking full of plot holes yet somehow you think the SW movie he wrote (with no control over the sequels) is perfect?

I don't give a fuck about the final fight, I care about her overpowering him in the interrogation chamber which actively ruined the movie for me. I was enjoying TFA in the theater up until that exact point. And yeah, freezing a blaster bolt in mid air is a pretty strong indicator of being gifted and trained in the force considering we've never seen anybody do that and it was clearly intended to portray him as a formidable foe.

I haven't even seen it yet.

>And yeah, freezing a blaster bolt in mid air is a pretty strong indicator of being gifted and trained in the force considering we've never seen anybody do that and it was clearly intended to portray him as a formidable foe.

>DUDE KYLO REN USED LEVEL 99 FORCE FREEZE
>I LEARNED IN KOTOR THAT IT'S A SUPER DUPER SPECIAL POWERFUL ABILITY AND IF YOU USE IT YOU CAN NEVER BE DEFEATED OR OVERPOWERED
>Wait what's a character arc?

>completing dodging the criticisms
>straw manning a Sup Forums neckbeard

well done user you made socrates proud

The Force Awakens is basically everything wrong with pop culture, you know how every TV show loves to throw in a Star Wars reference because it's hip and nerdy to do? That's what the entire movie felt like, one long, giant reference to the entire series in a very bad way with no good payoff. The entire thing was essentially a very bad Family Guy joke with the mixture of everything wrong in the capitalist consumer society when it comes to mainstream films.

>HOW DID HE LOSE????
power of friendship and bbc

What criticisms do you want me to address? If you couldn't pick up on the fact that Kylo Ren gets progressively weaker as he confronts the reality that he's a loser posing as Darth Vader to make up for his own self-loathing and insecurity and has thus alienated his family in doing so (whom he still loves despite his rhetoric), then me explaining it to you isn't going to do any good.

I mean, for fuck's sake, Kylo taking off his helmet is a literal depiction of him becoming more vulnerable and exposed to Rey.

yeah him eating a bowcaster bolt to the chest and walking around afterwards is definitely a depiction of weakness.

but really as I said before kylo was one of the few good parts of the movie. I have no problem with kylo losing his strength later on but Rey overpowering him with the force and immediately afterwards using mind control is simply unforgivable.

The final battle where a combination of Finn&rey manage to hold kylo off as he's suffering from his wound doesn't make complete sense but it's somewhat believable in the context of the story and the film. The other shit that I mentioned doesn't.

>I have no problem with kylo losing his strength later on but Rey overpowering him with the force and immediately afterwards using mind control is simply unforgivable.

Kylo Ren is plagued with self doubt throughout the entire movie, dude. It's like the scenes with Snoke and him talking with the Vader helmet had actual significance to the character and weren't just exposition drones like every scene in the prequels. If you can't see how him literally TAKING OFF THE HELMET is a literal personification of his increased vulnerability I don't know how to help you

who cares how vulnerable he was? why does rey have the ability to mind control people?

>who cares how vulnerable he was?

Because his self-doubt and opening himself up to Rey, combined with her latent force abilities, allowed her to overpower him in the mind control tug of war? Like, did you even pay attention to the conversation? Kylo laid his daddy issues out on the table, anyone could have told him he was a little pussy ass bitch if it weren't for his force powers.

and Rey mind-tricked ONE dumb stormtrooper, I don't know why you think this is so egregious.

I guess you could say your father never Awakened.

yeah im sure if vader told luke he was upset in ANH he would've been able to mind control him and get him to completely fail at his mission

>using mind control
her using mind control was the dumbest scenes in any star wars thing ever. it was just so ham fisted and fan servicey. and a cheap way of escaping. how the fuck did she even know jedi minds tricks were a thing anyway?

fucking lego freemakers has better writing than force awakens.

Except that's pretty much exactly what happens, Vader is a tired, weak old man in Return of the Jedi because he's been confronted with the reality that he'll have to kill his own son. He doesn't want to hurt Luke, but at the same time he thinks it's too late for him to be redeemed. He's conflicted and that makes him weak, he basically throws the final battle with Luke.

and rey doesn't even mind control Kylo, get the fuck off that subject you sperglord.

>4 solid attempts to watch this movie
>have yet to make it past halfway
I think it's the sort of movie where if you're a person who is easily amused, dare I say...a little stupid, or can switch into 'brain dead' mode for 2 odd hours, this film would be perfectly suitable.
I need a bit more stimulation and originality served up with my cinema.

>return of the jedi
>a new hope

uhh....

>and rey doesn't even mind control Kylo

she mentally overpowers him via the force, so you're really only arguing semantics at this point

ebin scaruffi pasta

Says the person who watched 4 hours worth of TFA. You have dare I say autism.

>return of the jedi
>a new hope
>uhh...

Kylo Ren isn't Darth Vader. He's a character who starts in a different place than Vader and is thus a different character.

Oh yeah, you're the guy who complains TFA is too much like ANH and then simultaneously bitches it's not exactly like ANH.

Reminder that the objective correct rating is 5 > 4 > 6 > 7 > 3 > 2 > 1

No, that's not true. I like to give things a fair go, and considering this film came highly recommended from this board I felt it was my duty to see it through to completion. Unfortunately I could not.

5>4>3>6>1>2>7

I am finally so happy with TFA that I don't have to place 2 at the bottom of the list anymore. Thank you JJ.

Sorry, you're wrong. What's it like not having taste?
>r-ratings don't mean shit! m-my tastes are better than everyone else's!

5>4>7>6>3>1>2

is the non-meme, non-contrarian answer. RotJ is pretty mediocre as a whole and people only pretend to love it because of association with the better films of the original trilogy. Jabba's Palace goes on 20 minutes longer than it needed to, Endor is a fucking drag, Harrison Ford is clearly phoning it in because he's mad he didn't get to die. George Lucas' awful habits really started to form here: focus on slapstick comedy, appeals to small children and making narrative decisions based on toy sales.

The only genuinely great parts of the movie are the space battle and the Luke/Vader duel. That said, it's still better than the shit prequels.

I acknowledge the objective rating autistic stutterfag. This is my subjective rating.

>Dear Sup Forums, I feel all alone in the world.
1984 was originally titled "The Last Man in Europe", referring to Winston's feeling that he was literally the only person left who still thinks the way he did. In reality, not only was his way of dissent just a form of controlled opposition, and he couldn't think any other way, but it was also extremely common among the people, it was just completely socially unacceptable to express those opinions.

Whatever you think you're the only person thinking this way or that way about, it's probable that others are thinking the exact same way, but they have to keep up the facade in everyday life.

>7 over 6

No.

Get the fuck out

It's funny, because I'm sure absolutely every single complaint you can level on TFA, RotJ is just as guilty of, if not moreso.

>people forgetting Luke could steer an X-Wing and destroy the Death Star in one episode, then train a few seconds with yoda and lightsaber duel his daddy, and finally build his own lightsaber out of nowhere

>same people getting triggered by female character who can fly the millenium falcon, mind trick morons, and overpower of knight of ren who is clearly not a sith yet

The throne room sequence alone makes RotJ a better film than TFA

If only we could base entirely judgments of film on about eight minutes of a two hour movie, ignoring the rest of it which is mediocre at best and utter tripe at worst.

>han solo the bum
>shitty jungle mos eisley
>death star 3
wew

The Mary Sue Awakens?

Yeah, it was shit. Why would you need someone else's confirmation of what you know to be true?

I still haven't seen it because they shoehorned a nigger into it for the sake of it. I am unable to separate my political opinions from the media I consume.

Same reason I didn't see Elysium for years, but then relinquished after someone brought to my attention that the commie ideology it espouses is actually BTFO.

I wasn't going to see the new Ghostbusters for the same reason, but after being subjected to the previews, I'm not going to see it because it looks fucking awful.

The nigger is actually one of the best parts of the movie.

The "Girl Power" lead that is instantly perfect at everything because - vagina - was obnoxious and so poorly written it is embarrassing.

For what it's worth, the nig doesn't feel shoehorned. The white girl friendzones him and even though he thinks he's the shit it turns out the white character is the real Jedi. He's not on board with the cause and get pulled in against his will. Like a true dindu he just wants to avoid helping the good guys while he steals vehicles and runs from the law. It was very realistic.

Almost my entire extended family thought it was absolute shit. My wife didn't really care either way because she doesn't like Star Wars. My cousins (6-14) liked it but they would have liked anything as long as there were explosions and lasers. I haven't met any adult who loved it, only people who hated it and people who were ambivalent about it.

I'll concede that TFA never dips down into being the "tripe" that RotJ often becomes, but quite frankly, I'll take a tripe and mediocre film that concludes with a brilliant scene, which skillfully wraps up the trilogy, over the bland, corporate mediocrity of TFA.

All the adults I know who were fans of the original loved it. The only people I've met who didn't like it are all underaged kids who hate it because it's on a desert planet like the first one. Which is a shallow reason to dislike something. RotJ also is on a desert planet. It's a theme of the series and there can be more than one desert in the galaxy. They've also done ocean worlds, forest worlds, snow worlds, lava worlds, sky worlds, underground worlds, swamp worlds. It's all been done.

>corporate mediocrity

RotJ is the movie where George rewrote the script at the last moment to spare Han Solo because he was afraid it would affect toy sales, so Han has nothing to do throughout the movie and Ford is clearly just there for a paycheck.

RotJ is the movie that introduced the cuddly and fuzzy Ewoks in order to appeal to small children and sell toys, and would later be spun off into a saturday morning special.

RotJ is the movie that introduced farting and burping jokes into the series cuz kids love 'em, right?

TFA is garbage

fanboy

first half was great

second half was complete and utter shit

since the first half was so good the second was an even harder letdown, which makes the movie overall "not that good" for me

just my personal opinion so i agree at least 50% with you

Character-wise id say

Good: Finn, Poe, BB-8, Kylo

Meh: Rey, Han

shit: Hitlerman, Snoke, Leia

>Maz not in good tier

oh i forgot about Maz. The most useless character of them all so i forgot her

I never meant to imply that RotJ wasn't guilty of these things, just that TFA is a lifeless rehash that opts to play it safe instead of trying anything new. I refer to TFA as "corporate mediocrity" because it feels as though 20 different producers smoothed over every little detail and made sure that the film didn't attempt anything crazy -- and to a degree far worse than any of the corporate meddling in RotJ.

>Useless
As a plot character she does more heavy lifting than any character in the movie. She puts Rey on the path to Jedi-dom, she fills in the past of Han and Chewie, puts Finn in the right place to join the resistance, and provides the location for both the resistance and first order informants which sets up the big battle. Her scene and character bridges the second and third acts.

My dad and I thought it was shit. My mom who doesn't like Star Wars thought it was meh.
My friends who like Star Wars a bit thought it was kinda bad.

>le exposition alien

The villain being a tryhard crybaby is actually super innovative for a Star Wars film. Same with one of the protags being a rogue stormtrooper, though I hope they do more with that in the future. I'm not saying the film is a bastion of creativity, but I think it does more than you're giving it credit for.

I felt physically ill after leaving the theatre

She also doesn't really have any character of her own to speak of, and has a terrible design that looks out of place in Star Wars to boot. She's just an exposition machine, I hope she's not in the next two.

even my normie co-workers who loved it when they first saw it now admit it was just a shitty ANH 2.0

Other than the austic guy at work, everyone loved it.

>didn't even come up with opinions of their own

> this is a criticism coming from a person who is defending a movie where they decided to just scrap the models for the millenium falcon in order to make the entire scenes cgi.

The worst part about ep 7 is that none of the cgi and practical effects look good. The scene with the shoggoths looked terrible.

That ain't what that says.

>The villain being a tryhard crybaby is actually super innovative for a Star Wars film

I mean, I guess. I liked Kylo, but he really is just a better executed version of Anakin -- other than the fact that he is explicitly made the villain from the get go. I'm not sure I would call it super innovative.

Finn being a rogue stormtrooper was neat, but I really think they did a poor job of building upon that concept. The guy was brought up by extremists and then suddenly turns on them? The New Order needs to rework their brainwashing tactics desu. I have no idea where his motive to "do the right thing" was coming from given that he started out as a stormtrooper.

>the prequels at least have a creative heart and an artistic vision even if they fail as films.

No, you were just a kid when they came out. "Soulless" is the defining trait of the prequel trilogy.

The problem is that kylo is all it has, it offers nothing in terms of novelty, wonder, or even worldbuilding really. Despite MIDICHLORIANS which everyone seems to forget stops being relevant after the first movie the prequels offer a lot of worldbuilding and new material to sink your teeth into. Aside from kylo and the knights of ren, maybe some massacre...theres hardly anything. The movie plays it way too safe and its alright if all you want is serviceable generic action movie. Sadly what I wanted was a new chapter and direction to the universe, not a shitty referenced filled version of a movie that already exists.

to be fair, there's speculation that Finn is Force sensitive, which is why the brainwashing didn't stick and why he was thrown on janitorial duty (I guess they didn't figure out he was Force sensitive and just thought he was resisting it). I assumed they let him into combat on good behavior in what turned out to be a terrible clerical error.

I agree with the lack of worldbuilding, it was my biggest issue as well. Like, what's the name of the planet Maz is on? What about the planet that Starkiller Base blew up? (It's Hosnian Prime, but I only knew this because I looked it up a while ago.) Hopefully that's something we'll see fixed in 8, with Rian "leave jedikino to me" Johnson in charge.

I'm pretty sure most of Sup Forums agrees with you. It wasn't abysmally bad in the same way the prequels were but it was the dullest safest movie they could have possibly make. You can just picture the corporate suit types making a checklist of what the movie needs to maximize profits.

I like it, and I'm an intelligent, productive adult male with no unusual sexual fetishes.

I just watched this and I spent the entire movie repeating the words "This is reddit, this is memes, this is reddit, this is memes..." under my breath.

I fucking hated it. I was writhing around on the floor in front of my seat for the last 30 minutes it was so painful.

Yeah, it's trash. It's just A New Hope reskinned and anyone with half a brain can see that. The story's been done before yet people are frothing at the mouth even though they've just watched a modernisation (and bastardisation) of A New Hope except with a more edgier villain more relatable with the Xanax/Adderall popping, tantrum throwing post-millennial teens of this era, a nigger protagonist and a female lead all to pander to the progressivist left

Shit awakens was shit. That movie was a steaming pile of horse shit.

The worse partof it was rey. She was all powerful for no reason.

I'm with ya OP

The main characters were boring as fuck.

Finn was a soldier from birth/young age turned traitor yet shows no signs of this background in his character. We never see him struggle with fitting in with common folk, his ingrained training hindering him or even helping him, or any conflict killing his former brothers in arms.

Rey is plain boring, there's nothing defining about her except she can do anything the plot requires, and the more.

Kylo not being bad ass is a massive problem though, because the movie and following trilogy lacks a threatening villain. Snoke is a joke and kylo is laughable. It's the same problem with grevious and dooku. It needs a serious villain.

It never really explored anything, just jumped from place to place.

The actual plot makes zero sense, "a map to Luke"? What the fuck? R2D2 just wakes up with the other half... It's just really poorly written.

also

4>5>3>6>1>2>>> is the definitive non-meme list

Seven was a pile of shit.

It felt like a Marvel movie.

And Rey could not fail at anything. Literally nothing.

It was total garbage in it's purest form. Fucking awful, and I gave 20 bucks to see it twice I'm retarded.