Was it underrated my bros?

Was it underrated my bros?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/VU_(album)
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

It's a great album. Don't bother to fight the contrarians.

Oh Sweet Nuthin' is probably in their top 5 songs

How could you beat Sweet Jane?

Of course, this was truly a great era for Lou because he started getting tired of bullshit gimmicks and wanted to push himself creatively like never before and it shows

It's better than VU.

Because it's just a rock album instead of an avant garde, artsy album with songs about depraved sex and drugs that are noisy and droning as fuck during a time where no one had heard noisy and droning songs about depraved sex and drugs.

I still like Loaded though.

Honestly I like it more than TVU, it's a great pop album, though it doesn't compare to TVU&N or WLWH

VU or TVU?

>WLWH

What do people see in this?

They're not the same?

VU is a compilation of outtakes and unreleased stuff that came out in 1985.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/VU_(album)

It's pretty good but not their best.

Nah, their third album is called "The Velvet Underground" and they have an compilation of b-sides called "VU"

It's cool, I made the same mistake.

Jesus lad, I've got that, I thought you were trying to be a tricky cunt.

I get that Lou was just trying to make the 70's rock album that sold and critics loved and he did a stellar job at it but I hate those albums and this record is by far the worst of the original 4 albums + VU.

I always thought of VU as the antidote to the boring blues guitar wank of songs like Oh Sweet Nuthin

People shit on it for no reason.

it's actually overrated. there are a handful of good songs, a few of them are great, but a lot of the second half is actually shit. see: head held high, lonesome cowboy bill, train round the bend.
could have been great , considering the unused songs they had going into it like I Can't Stand It and Lisa Says, and the songs they demoed for it like Ocean and Satellite of Love. but it's not.

It's one of the greatest albums of all time.

It did noise rock but didn't over do it
The prose and melody bits of the album are fantastic. Here She Comes Now is one of VU's iconic songs as well and Sister Ray is absolutely a monster jam track.

Yes, TVU & N has the two best VU songs (All Tomorrow's Parties and Venus in Furs) but the rest is pretty standard, and really even okay rock that is certainly not unrivaled. WLWH is entirely very good, not a single track wasted, everything should be exactly where it is

What the shit kind of bad taste having dork thinks Who Loves the Sun is listenable?

What a horrendous song. Worthy of the Beatles lowest moments.

I don't know why they don't shit on TVU too, The Murder 'we've gotta remind people we're nxtlv but what the fuck do we do without John' Mystery is embarrassing tbf.

the difference between tvu and loaded is that tvu actually has good songwriting

Agreed. TVU is the weakest of the four.

fixed them both, 10 song only

1. Candy Says
2. Sweet Jane
3. What Goes On
4. Rock & Roll
5. Cool It Down
6. Pale Blue Eyes
7. New Age
8. Beginning to See The Light
9. I Found A Reason