Itt: the moment when your favorite tv shows jumped the shark

itt: the moment when your favorite tv shows jumped the shark

the only reason why we think true detictive season 1 was good
was because we all thought it would lead somewhere

turns out
HE PAINTED HIS EARS GREEN!

this shot seriously fucked with my theory
i always thought his daughters were involved in the cult, like some monarch program among police, judges and well to do members of society where they exchange daughters in exchange for favors

DUDE GREEN PAINT LMAO

Red Herrings the show.

What about that shot messed up your theory?

The green ears was a dumb thing, but it "made sense". To me "spaghetti face" is what really didn't make sense. The girl saw his face while escaping through the woods at night and described him as severely disfigured person, and pic related was what we got.

the little kid was on a cocktail of hallucinogens.

and yeah green paint made sense but it was fucking retarded

He didn't paint them green. He chased a girl after working in that neighborhood and looking for targets. The girl got away and gave a description of the man after he painted a house. They're taking pictures of the houses in episode 1. It was odd that the shitty neighborhood had a nice fresh coat of green paint, and there was a suspect that chased a girl that had green ears.

little girls are so degenerate

basically this there were a ton of shots and subtly placed objects and characters who had no relation to the overall case

this shit would've made much more sense imo

I remember when this theory popped up in like episode 3

Was she raped though?

I didnt want supernatural but i was honestly expecting something more along the lines of house of 1000 corpses mixed with eyes wide shut. guess my imagination was larger than the shows budget.
fantastic execution of tone and atmosphere though. the show really made you feel like there was some sinister, otherwordly force hiding right out of your peripheral vision

Not really, think abiut it, you're a killer in the woods chasing people down and shit, someone is getting away and you want to lose one of your senses? Not being able to hear where people are and whats happening?

robot chicken was never good

serioulsy how was it not this. its the very first thing literally everybody on Sup Forums thought.maybe the writers thought it was too obvious and just couldnt come up with anything better. might as well have just included cthulu for how shit the final 2 episodes were

I guess, but I never understood how one could be so stupid so somehow get green paint all over your ears while panting a cabin, maybe a bit on your face, some on the cloth, but the ears?

better than green paint. maybe he just liked to jerk off in his gardener outfit who gives a shit the plot device was terribly executed

*clothes

He drank 5 beers, thats all. Stop trying to see something that isnt there.

The shot of young Dory is her in front of the cult that killed the little girl on tape.

The girls playing detective are probably influenced by over hearing their parents talking. It's just setting up that even the kids weren't blind at the time of the case. They heard specifics about the case, but don't know the severity of it all.

The last IMO is the audience is the 6th person. Not knowing what to expect.

You sound like a pleb flm101 student. Share your thoughts on Citizen Kane?

Ha-ha, damn. Got me good.

Why are tv shows so obsessed with little girls being raped?

first thing I thought of as well.

Because it's seen as more or less the worst possible scenario involving 1 victim, or a small number of victims.

Is that Team America? I don't remember that scene.

it's hot

It's related. It supports the idea that there were more than this retard. He's a patsy if anything.

He wasn't the yellow king you dumbfuck.

Whatever they could have revealed in the end, nothing could come close to comparing with the otherworldly build up.
It was going to be anticlimactic no matter what they did. The choice was between overdoing it and underdoing it.

Yeah he was.

When he says, "This is Krakrathingy," it's the place, based on Carcassone, because of the fortifications. I forget the actual name of the place now.

Because of this board, I expect some Lovecraftian elder god cult. I was so sure.

Disappointment, but liked the series.

Then who was king?

>It was going to be anticlimactic no matter what they did. The choice was between overdoing it and underdoing it.

I totally agree. I love the first season, as in top-five-favorite-of-all-time love, but the ending was never going to live up to the full extent of the hype.

i didn't get this scene, who was he shooting at?

He wasnt though, he was just a servant

Someone that Marty and Rust never met. The cult was far bigger than they initially imagined. They took down one guy and rustled the jimmies of a few bigwigs. That's it.

nice quints

Personally, i liked a down-to-earth political conspiracy more than i would've liked a somewhat out-of-nowhere supernatural element. I never expected anything supernatural because the show only ever stands on the edge, which is good.

The ending was perfect. They got the bad guy, but accepted that they are only human and would never stop all of them.

Also, the scene where Rust finally opens up and gets emotional about his daughter was amazing.

G-d

Nah dude. He was the mentally challenged cultist aping the rituals he was brought up in. The Yellow King had moved on. You really think people like Billy Lee Tuttle were following that guy?

Muhammad

Is that how Ali died?

killing off bill, i mean they set him up as having a sixth sense for danger only an episode ago now he's easily shot by some dumb ass with no skill like that,

unrealistic, this character had so much potential, i'm done with this bullshit series.

We all agree that S1 < S2 right?

The weird skeleton shrine idol thing that the cult apparently do all their murder/rapes in offering to. There's also a lot of hallucinogenic drugs involved, which is probably why a bunch of characters act like the king in yellow is an actual person.

only cretins think otherwise

objectively correct.

Because the elite are literally obsessed with fucking children.

I liked Bones till Booth saw a real ghost.

You bet your ass I dont agree with that.

Its easy to say that from where youre standing isn't it shitbird? You've never walked a mile in another mans moccasins. I'm out here trying to turn water into wine and I have naysayers dragging me down into the mud at every turn. You think its easy being me, pal? Even Houdini cant unshuffle the deck Ive been dealt. But I'm out here anyway, making things happen.

Some people say it's not the size of the boat but rather the motion of the ocean. Well guess what, Ray? I can't even swim. Never even had a bath.
Caspere knew this.

DUDE CP GAAAHHHHHHHH

top kek

it'd sound better if you say "never even TOOK a bath" that is how he would have said it on the show

caspere knows this

>You've never walked a mile in another mans moccasins.