What the fuck happened to rock music?

What the fuck happened to rock music?

Other urls found in this thread:

docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSfafJkjxQKr5S2U9q_vDKrC427PCIz6FJ0zC9jFhHE191CFRA/viewform
youtube.com/watch?v=3dDONMV6aKM
strawpoll.me/12124886
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Everybody took the Log of Shit Survey

docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSfafJkjxQKr5S2U9q_vDKrC427PCIz6FJ0zC9jFhHE191CFRA/viewform

It got stale

I mean I always thought the reason why pop music is popular over the stuff before it is because people mostly just put music on in the background, they don't 'listen' to it, as in concentrate on it, they just have it there while they do whatever they're doing. Like no one sits there and focuses on nikki minaj's songs for example.

I'm not saying that everyone listens to rock when they're not busy though, or am I saying that all pop music is popular for this reason, only half the songs.

There's amazing rock music today, you're just too thick-headed to believe that and click replay on all the 90s hits to re-live your glory days.

feel free to mention these bands you name.

inb4 you don't reply at all, or you list a bunch of bands that got big before the 2000s.

fag.

Take a listen to Demon Hunter

Ikr? It's extremely difficult to find good rock made these days. I see Demon Hunter... does anyone have other suggestions? It's my belief that good rock is out there, it's just not getting popular for one reason or the other.

The 'blownout dick-holes' are an excellent band

>What the fuck happened to rock music?

Beats me.

tanooki suit is

Who thought that picture with the hair was a good idea?

>happened to rock music
>kurt cobain

lol it went better when e killed himself. He is ONLY famous because he shot his head off. His music sucks ass and all sound the same. He wouldnt even be relevant if he was alive

that cunt killed it

Yes, yes, I'm sure you know so much more about music than critics who have acclaimed his music as brilliance even before he died... dumbass.

youtube.com/watch?v=3dDONMV6aKM

I just miss the whole badass part of being a rockstar. No one hears about bands now getting busted for drugs or throwing TV's out hotel windows. That was a part of rock and roll.

Rock music got taken over by SJW's and fairies.

You want real rock music, we have to take a step back to the 80-70's and come back through there. Don't take the grunge path, as it leads to pathetic, estrogen rich emo boys cutting themselves and listening to the black parade.

It's there. You just have to dig for the good shit now rather just listen to the radio. Look up the Decline. No one knows them and yet they're pretty good.

who the fuck is critics. Is it some fancy word yu use so you can feel superiour? Weel ill let you know that i gratuated top of the class in msic school and i know that his msic sucked ass because a got a master thesis in kurt cobain music and in the scientific study it showed his music sucked ass i can prove it

Niggers Stole my Rock Music

It´s still in here, among us.

Lil Wayne ate it

Royal Blood looks good so far for me.
Most good music you won't find on the radio these days, you gotta look hard for it.

Coldplay helped kill rock

King Gizzard & Lizard Wizard
Car Seat Headrest

died when white people started playing it

This is EXACTLY how I feel about Cobain as well.

The future of rock

You kind of have a point. Nirvana would've eventually faded out.

Blown the fuck out

yeah there's royal blood, but thats about all ive found, i try to look for some good rock but all i find are cringe wannabe rockstars.

>Car Seat Headrest
yuckaroonie.

Saving your post for a cringe thread. Thanks user

Interpol
White Lies
Slaves
Drenge
The Last Shadow Puppets
Darlia
Yawning Man
Atomic Bitchwax
Iamdynamite
Brick + Mortar

Music is very subjective. If you claim these bands "only for hipsters" because you've never heard of them then it's time have an open mind and give more bands a listen.

It became more profitable to exploit black music.

White kids stopped paying for music because computers. Record companies realized rock wasn't as profitable because of this. Rock acts got less in the way of major label deals and the support, promo and distribution that comes with them. Pop, hip hop and R&B took over because they were still profitable. The next generation of white kids spent the money they would have spent on music and live shows going out to eat at fancy restaurants, and chefs become the new rockstars.

>Kurt Cobain

How's high school going for you?

I used to download my shit for free but then over time, my isp kept on fucking with my internet and so I had to stop.

VOTE CATTO BEFORE IT'S TOO LATE!!!!!!! strawpoll.me/12124886

its because its the truth

Rock music was good from 1965-1985, garbage from 1985-1995, good again from 1995-2010 and has sucked since then.

Sure thing edgy kid. His band's hard rock album dominated the pop charts, launched the grunge rock genre and made him 30 million dollars alone. But you know better

hey gramps get off the interwebs

who the fuck asked you you negro

only one of those things are true you retarded high school faggot

>be me
>be in band
>get addicted to heroin
>fuckinggreat.psd
>kill myself
>mfw my drummer sings better than me

It keeps killing itself

The foo fighters fucking suck nigger

His drummer was 10x better than him in every way. Glad he died so foo fighters could live

No it wasn't. That shit was always outside of the music and the scene. And imo it always distracted from it. It never was badass. It was always just stupid and childish.
The difference is that 40 years ago people were making enough money from music so if they DID do stupid shit like that, they'd be able to pay for it-it wouldn't wreck their whole life. Now that all the money has drained away from music thanks to the digital revolution, people can't do that shit and walk away from it-it'll follow them and wreck their whole careers. The musicians of today can't afford to take that chance-the margins are too thin now.

El Ten Eleven and CHON if you like instrumental music

If you like sweet progressive fusion check out GNOSiS, they're actually a local band where I live.

It improved.

Pro Tools

The Seattle scene grew out of boredom. They had nothing to do but play music and do drugs. Now they have video games and legal weed.

fuck you they do not suck
they are a good rock band

Prince, Zappa and Queen suck!
I am glad they are dead!!!!!

This too

When kids can bond with others on the computer and playing vidya, there's no need to spend $25 or more a pop going to concerts and supporting local bands.

Add in the fact that kids today are poorer than they've been in over 50 years and the recession hit kids far worse than any other age group, and you've got a recipe for cultural contraction.

If I had millions I would be throwing TV's out hotel windows all the time. If you can afford to pay the damage, whats the problem

It is shit now and it was shit always, grow up
One of the first major declines in music started with rock music

>It never was badass. It was always just stupid and childish.
Pussies like you are the reason rock and roll is dying

there are still some new good rock bands, but no new rockstars 'though

It's all Thom Yorke's fault. That horrible faggot.

Splain Lucy!!!

Look at this retarded statement ladies and gentleman. This is how Trump talks. We have good new rock bands. Really good, really great! No new rock stars but really great new bands!

sorry forgot the pic.

That's the thing-people DON'T have millions in profits to blow anymore. Some huge artists do, but they're also using their millions to put on huge, elaborate stage shows. The big revenues are all used up feeding that monster.
Idiots who love to trash hotel rooms are now just fired. Actually, they always were fired, unless they were indispensable to theirs band like Keith Richards was. But just some yobbo sideman? They're left at the next bus station. People who make music have better things to do than spend $4000 a week on hotel repairs.

>thinking it hasn't been dead for 40 years.

check avatar. they're freakin awesome

Current favorite rock band is Wyldlife. Good shit

They pulled mad pussy with those mops.

Cobain yourself, fag.

Cobain and grohl are literally my favorite musicians.

Cobain for his influence and grohl for his talent.

fucking jewish

Only Car Seat Headrest can save us now

>making new music in a different genre kills a genre

nigger

you gonna cry now because you alredy have lived your golden days lol

Emos started liking it

No im not as much of a fag as that pussy lol, because come on, make millions het hooked on heroin then shoot yourselg? LOL world is a better place without that degenerate

THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST...

Grunge killed it.

You are a fag.

It morphed into pop music sometime in the late '60s. Nobody noticed because of the Beatles.
There hasn't been a genuine rock band since.

the CIA lost funding and the psyop bugget was reduced...ask Zappa's dad or Morrison's for that matter

no Thom is our savior

fuck you.

r8 m8

Fuck foo fighters. Grohl is a great drummer but shitty singer.

> zayne malice broke up with 1d >:(
> rock sux
> ???????
> profit
everything has an end

dubs checked....he is a very good singer, drummer, guitarist, bassist and writer....give your retarded head a shake!

You can only do drugs and alcohol so long before you burn out...

Plus it requires musical talent... so Auto-tune isn't going to help much.

Doubt that Nirvana used autotune

10/10 album
Also, checked

>be me
>30 years old man singing about angsty teen shit
>kill myself so i'm not a 40 years old man singing angsty teen shit

top lel so true

Got reinvented by a god

kek