Has Pokemon surpassed Star Wars as the biggest media franchise?

Has Pokemon surpassed Star Wars as the biggest media franchise?

Bear in mind that Asia doesn't care for Star Wars that much.

pokemania peaked between 96 and 99
this is the highest it has been since then but not near as close as it was, if you were alive at that time you know what i'm talking about

Only faggots playing this

This is just another flavor of the month thing to distract you from the whole clinton thing

Pokemon has always been bigger, that's no real contest
A closer comparison would be Disney or Nintendo

This app pisses me off because it's normie-bait

>Go to work
>Lol user I caught a snake on my dashboard and found a bat next to this car on my way into work

send help

The better question is who is best pokefu?

>pic related
Which is a little strange cos I hate ginger girls irl

Did the shillbot break?

HP is still worth more like 15billion

It's big right now because it's free and appeals to normie nostalgia
Give it 3-4 weeks and watch people stop caring

It's fun and has been getting a ton of shut-ins to go outside in some capacity. What's the problem?

>Pokemon has always been bigger, that's no real contest
>A closer comparison would be Disney or Nintendo
>Nintendo

The Pokemon Company is Nintendo. It was born because the whole franchise is too big to be handled by Nintendo alone, also is shared with Game Freak, and Creatures Inc, since Nintendo owns both company in some degree.

Also TPC reported $2 billion in retail sales in the last two years. Is pretty strong but not near strong as Disney

That's $2 billion for one franchise which hasnt hit anything close to what they had been during gen1-3, at least not since Go
Nintendo owns a lot more than just Pokemon as well

I think it's fun as hell

You guys are mad because you have to walk around

Couldn't help but have a crush on Misty.

I don't get why a shitty phone game has suddenly turned Pokemon into a phenomenon again. It's not even a good mobile app.

The one that never showed up in the anime

Uh, have you been outside at all in the past week? Literally everyone is playing this damn game and restaurants and local businesses are taking advantage of it as well. This is pokemania part II basically

Nostalgia

$2 billion is for retail only. Is #29 on its “Top 150 Global Licensors” banking over Cartoon Network wich is at #30

For just one franchise, that´s strong numbers.

>tfw a CIA contracted cartographer software designing company helped develop this game

It's bigger than ever this week. The entire fucking world is talking about it. In the late 90's it was only kids asking their parents to buy them gameboy pokemon games and then they would watch it on tv before or after school. Now even grown ups are talking about it

Sabrina

the grown ups are the same kids that played red, blue, sliver or gold in the late 90s and they'll forget about it in a month

what did you expect? Phone gaming is the best thing that happened to normies. Easy, cheap, no effort, no money required(until they're being tricked).
It's the future of gaming.

You faggots have no fucking idea

This app shit is pure normiebait. None of these trendster normalfags are going to be buying the new games this November, or watching the cartoon or anything else

Pokemon Go is a meme fad and will die soon, just like the Wii, Wii Fit, Brain Age, amiibo, Miitomo, and every other thing Neo-Nintendo does

I've never seen this many people playing one game all at once, broski.

you kids don't even know what pokemania is

>Go is a meme fad and will die soon, just like the Wii, Wii Fit, Brain Age, amiibo, Miitomo, and every other thing Neo-Nintendo does

Miitomo is still strong. Wii is still one ob the best selling consoles of all time and WiiFit is still one of the best selling games of all time. Amiibo surpased similar products and is still strong in the market.

Nintendo make toys, if not, videogames with toy-maker kind of touch.

Farmville

Doesn't mean something is good, you like Justin Bieber too?

no. this time is bigger. a free app for the phone as opposed to a game for the gameboy. my fucking parents play it. it's everywhere.