Yo Sup Forums what's a career path that pays decently without college experience?

yo Sup Forums what's a career path that pays decently without college experience?

I'm 24, make around 70-80k as an auto service advisor with no college or additional schooling, but I fucking hate this job and am really tired of this field in general.

anything else that pays the same or more? something construction-based maybe?

Professional butt plug tester

Try going to college you lazy piece of shit.

where do I sign up?

You'll end up hating any job. It's just a matter of time.

college is a scam u dumb motherfucker

try eating a bowl of dicks. I never went because I just barely scraped through high school and felt like I'd just be wasting money since I could never decide what I wanted to do.

Man I went to college and do what I love but I still only make 20k a year right now. That will improve with time as I can charge more for my experience but I'd be thankful you have a job that pays that much.

Sorry you are too lazy and stupid to get admitted into one. But since they have standards, they are obviously a scam.

Idk, you think if I knew that I would be on Sup Forums while in crippling debt?

Welder makes the same amount, but if you specialize in offshore driller welding, you can make 180k at base pay. Average is like 250k

Assuming you dont mind moving and can handle living offshore for 3-6 months a year.

The other 6 months is paid time off, basically

I'm sure I will. I just particularly hate this one because people get nasty with me on a personal level because everyone thinks I'm just out to screw them. and it bothers the shit out of me because I'm not the kind of person that can just clock out for the day and forget everything. I lose a lot of sleep over the shitheads I have to deal with.

You have to learn to let those things go or you'll never be happy. You can't please everyone, ever, but I'm sure there are positive people you come across every once in a while, focus on them.

How does one not care and not be depressed so much?

Went to college for engineering. Everyone in the field hates it, just taking shit from dumbass business majors all day, and just want to teach.

Went to school to become a firefighter/paramedic. Shit pay and our governor is gutting our benefits and retirement.

Welcome to life.

well I guess my point is more that I'd rather just find a line of work where I'm not always in that position. I'm fine with getting yelled at and having orders barked at me but when some stay-at-home mom tells me I ruined her family's Christmas because I made her stay in a rental that wasn't as nice as her vehicle, that's the shit that's killing me.

Brainwashed fag detected.

Let's start a business together. I was thinking about starting a company that merges contractors with box stores so your household problems and projects are one stop shops.

Stealing your idea, kys

isn't that basically Walmart but bigger?

Which you know is complete bullshit.

Do a self evaluation.
Are you providing good service, or not?

Are your predictions accurate? like, no ma'am the part for your piece of shit 93 bumfucker won't be in until thursday, and I can't pull it out of my ass or whittle it out of wood, so you'll have to wait... for once in your life...

Just let it go, they'll survive.

invent a product that could sell.

for example, I'm going to invent a beverage thats a combination of liquor and liquorice and call it liquor-ice

dont steal my idea fagt

You ever go to Walmart and say, "Hey, my sink is leaking, what do I do?"

Do it, tell me how wide they stretch your asshole.

become a dog trainer.
military needs trained dogs
police needs trained dogs
airports need trained dogs
blind people need trained dogs

those are 4 pretty fucking big markets

70-80k is better than the vast majority of what people make out of college with just a 4yr degree. i think youre making it great. if you hate your job i can understand seeking change, but college probably isnt the answer. what specifically do you dislike about your current position? is it anything that can be changed? lack of respect, working hours, etc?

Have a motivation. Idk where to get though

in contrast, if you are okay with taking the time investment and possibly a lower standard of living, a college degree could open other possibilities, but its key that you enjoy the profession you are going to college for. otherwise you will just end up unhappy again. it could be a good idea to talk with your current job and ask if a college degree could advance you within that business to a point where your conflicts are resolved

I've always strived to be honest and upfront. I shoot high with my repair estimates and when I come in $20 under it's still not enough because people think owning a car should be free. Like I said people just expect us to screw them and they make it personal.