Childhood is idolizing Ian Curtis and Joy Division

Childhood is idolizing Ian Curtis and Joy Division
Adulthood is realizing that Ian Curtis held back the rest of the band, along with the fact that they only got popular because of his meme suicide, also that New Order is vastly superior to JD.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=GqUFbd8aAN0
youtube.com/watch?v=w43uSMJntgw
youtube.com/watch?v=H5UK40sSo8I
youtube.com/watch?v=bmf5gM94m0o
youtube.com/watch?v=7PtvIr2oiaE
youtube.com/watch?v=3LY3ftiLqmE
youtube.com/watch?v=nxCNOk01-eI
youtube.com/watch?v=H-fuxkYNKJE
youtube.com/watch?v=mvPIvoJkmGs
youtube.com/watch?v=fk4NgT3ictk
youtube.com/watch?v=mfI1S0PKJR8
youtube.com/watch?v=zrh5kaWfyMQ
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

He didn't hold them back but they would have only had 1 more successful album, possibly 2. The problem with dark/depressing music is that unless you off yourself, the shtick gets boring after a while and you sound whiny. Look at Pitchfork's review of Elliott Smith's last album before he killed himself. They were practically mocking the guy before they realized he meant it when he stabbed himself in the chest.

Joy Division ran its course as it should have.

I really hope whichever p4k reviewer that wrote about Figure 8 felt like shit after Elliott killed himself. What kind of an asshole opens up a review with 'Oh, Elliott. Are things really that bad?' But of course p4k are known for their smugness.

Adulthood is realizing that Natalie is the best waifu who's daddy committed sudoko.

>not Paris Jackson

Top qt

>who's daddy committed sudoko

Accidents aren't suicide, silly!

Oh, Elliot, I'm a hack-job critic who hasn't a single ounce of artistic blood in me, nor the understanding of the human plight. Are things really that bad? Haha, of course not, I'm a bourgeois drone.

Jesus that review is fucked. I know the guy probably didn't know a thing about Elliott or his music but damn.

>New Order better than Joy Division
>Literal gay bar music

Damn she looks like Ian. But still a top tier qt
Reminder that there has NEVER been a single good pop music critic

>DUDE I'M SAD LMAO
>good
read a book

they're two completely different sounds, comparing them is purely preferential. They both earned their place is music history.

Most art is based on suffering, as most of human existence is based on suffering. The silver-spoon bourgeois would try desperately to hide this fact or push it out of view as their spirituality or sense of purpose is a facade and would crumble at any deep existential issues.

In the 21st century, the Darwinist relies on reproduction as the sole reason. This is convenient as they are able to (in their eyes) discredit the suffering of humanity as something not of their concern. You can see this take place often on this site with terms such as "sad boi" or the mocking of suicides, although, people who adopt these terms are often prone to deep depression themselves though they'd love to hide it.

Post rare Ians

It really doesn't matter because Elliot was murdered. I can't believe people seriously still dance around this.

good thing that you're taking notes in your classes, college freshman

>bourgeois
lmao

>Reminder that there has NEVER been a single good pop music critic
Lester Bangs

>Elliot was murdered
This

Post your favorite Joy Division song then post your favorite New Order song, also your favorite middle ground song (Movement era New Order)
>Joy Divsion
youtube.com/watch?v=GqUFbd8aAN0
>New Order
youtube.com/watch?v=w43uSMJntgw
>Middle ground
Tie between Ceremony and Denial
youtube.com/watch?v=H5UK40sSo8I
youtube.com/watch?v=bmf5gM94m0o

You both confirmed everything I typed, thank you.

lmao

Mhm. Listen, my unintelligent chum, your half-witted posts are proven most detrimental to our community. Why don't you leave this place and find somewhere better suited to your own interests, like 9gag? You fucking moron!

New Order and all new wave is girl music. Post punk is drunk, alone, sulking in your room music

>>>DUDE I'M SAD LMAO
If that's all you got from Joy Division I really don't know what to say to that.

He looks like if Eric Foreman was addicted to heroin

>JD
youtube.com/watch?v=7PtvIr2oiaE
>NO
youtube.com/watch?v=3LY3ftiLqmE
>Middle ground
youtube.com/watch?v=nxCNOk01-eI

youtube.com/watch?v=H-fuxkYNKJE

This is a very reddit attitude to have.

You probably also think rain means sad, right?

Rain is the weather for normies who like to think they're deep and smart, but who's understanding of intelligence ends at 'smart people are sad sometimes right?', and so when it rains they sit staring out the window in faux melancholy, sipping tea which they don't like the taste of trying to think of times they've felt pain in the past, but because they've led such sheltered, cotton-balled lives they just settle for putting on a frowny face and acting out what glum might look like if you explained 'glum' to an infant and told them to act it out.

Yep. Would he have killed himself one day? I think so. But he was almost certainly murdered before he had that opportunity.

You aren't half as intelligent or self aware as you think you are

I'd suggest you fuck off back to your hugbox over at Facebook Sup Forums

New Order was just dance britpop while joy division actually strived for artistic merit with meaningful lyrics; the depressive atmosphere that JD was known for also helped create slowcore and influenced half of all alternative bands including radiohead.

>Meme Suicide
What the fuck is that?

Why does he look like he regret the whole thing

>Ian Curtis held the rest of the band back

Could you possibly have a worse opinion?

Joy Division is superior to New Order

>is
Joy Division dosen't exist anymore ;)
Survival of the fittest ;)
The weak die, the strong and superior live ;)

>live
New Order live sucks tho

I totally agree with the JD part of your post, user, but NO were much more than "dance britpop".

He got married at the young age of 19.

Because he did. Pic related.

Never ceases to amaze me how obtuse and stupid people are when it comes to Darwinism.

you're assuming that the average person knows about Darwinism or has read about it

>Look how ironic I am. That means I'm cool and completely not insecure in the slightest.

Great film

fucking hell, is Ceremony the best song ever or what

this probably the closest i'll have to human interaction today and it's fucking awful childish post on a vietnamese picture site

>childhood is being a contrarian Sup Forumsdrone that's unable to comperehend Joy Division
>adulthood is finally being over 18

tfw this is true

These look just like my parent's wedding pictures. My dad was wearing the same colour suit.

sorry for your loss

and to answer this pathetic thread, if there were no curtis there wouldn't have been no JD, NO or anything resembling the sound

its funny because thats a very reddit response

you either die a hero or you live long enough to see yourself become the villain

But are you as sad as you think you are?

the best video on youtube is slightly related youtube.com/watch?v=mvPIvoJkmGs

I think you mean Martin Hannett. Joy Division wanted to be a punk band before Hannett got his hands on them. Listen to the Warsaw recordings to see how they sounded before hand. I mean, all parts had to fall in place, but Hannett was as vital to that as Curtis was.

>bourgeois

Childhood is liking Joy Division
Adulthood is realizing Interpol makes more sense

This

i've chatted with the guy who bought ian curtis' meme suicide kitchen table but he never posted photos of it

I feel like this is pasta
I defintely remember a post in the post describing rain as reddit weather or something

>JD
youtube.com/watch?v=fk4NgT3ictk
>NO
youtube.com/watch?v=mfI1S0PKJR8
>Middleground
youtube.com/watch?v=zrh5kaWfyMQ

Haha, i see it now

this pic always gets me. Look at him, he's just a boy. He was not a man, he was a boy at that time, and he put on so much on himself, a wife, a child. It breaks my heart to think about it.

This sums up my feelings about like 95% of music critics