Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=qqF3waIvARw
discogs.com/user/lbosnjak2/collection
discogs.com/user/MeOnRight/collection
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>listening to Genevieves husband
>ever
I sold all mine a few years ago desu.

The last album I bought is pic related. He was like Little Richard's mentor.

fug

good for you man

Got to hand it to Phil, mang, he releases some beautiful editions, like the packaging is on point. Any of them your standout favorite?

the packaging is fucking impeccable. Wind's Poem really impressed me. the books also have very nice binding. on the box it was sent in you can tell Phil put it together himself because his handwriting was on the shipping address

What's the outer sleeve you're using?

just started collecting at the beginning of last month

that's seriously awesome, and intense; respect.

phil literally sends the records in them so i'm not sure

McKay's is literally the best, I always find great shit there

which location? it's really hit or miss most of the time for me

i just started my collection about two months ago

bumping with rekked's

I just started collecting a month ago, dumping

i unironically love these bm picks
that zappa collection is nice and i gotta know, is that PATGOD an OG or repress

here's some of my stuff

cassette >>>> Vinyl

Wish I could say it was original, it's re-re.

There's a lot more I'd like to add, but it's based off what's available locally.

you know i really want to pick up the early part of their discog from piper through more. saucerful of secrets really is my favorite from that period

>A ghost is born
My dude

What's up with that Antlers? Is that the live release they put out recently?

bretty gud if youve just started collecting

they're pretty entry level for bm, still great albums tho yeah

my friend gave me both a ghost is born and volume 4 today and then we went shopping and i got the other three in the pic

yeah i always buy essentials for my collection and i admittedly have only scrape the surface of black metal but it's cool to see that you bought them

i think last year, yeah. it's called In London.
youtube.com/watch?v=qqF3waIvARw this sounds great on this vinyl

I quit smoking a little over a year ago. This is what I've spent the money on. I have enough 2nd hand records to make a 10 x 10, but I ran out of room, these are mostly just the brand new stuff.

Picked these up today

And this is what the collection looks like.

blue and red one?

oh shit, i forgot i wanted to order doss on vinyl

i take it you got the purple vinyl of new bermuda as well?

What setups are y'all running?

Mine's pretty base-level
Harmon/Kardon 630 amp
GLL Imagio -IC100 speakers
Audio Technica LP-60 (trash, I know, but my old Sony broke and my ex bought it for me. At least it sounds OK. Saving for something better)

bipolar_disorder.jpg

Rega RP1
Linn Classik receiver/CD player
Monitor Silver 1s

Got FJM's and Demon Days coming in a week or so

Pic related

I really hope you're memeing

I don't have a very big collection or anything, but these are what I have and I lined them all up in a big picture just for you user.

There are some others, like Brand New's first two albums and a few EPs/Singles.

ITT: "I've only been collecting music for about a month."

You faggots are such posers, holy shit.

please post the box, I was wondering how it looked

this

Which O Paon stuff is good besides Courses?

Gotta start somewhere.

What the fuck is your issues, user? People can't like collecting shit?

>i buy an lp every now and then when i have some money left xD respect me

I bought like 20 classical records for $2 a piece last week, a bunch of Shostakovich which I'm excited to listen to

And I bought Portishead's Dummy the other day quite cheap

Recent pick ups
1/2

The only way to find old metal releases is on discogs and those can be super pricey :(

Recent pick ups
2/2

Hey I've got the Codeine box set too. Nice.

good choices user. i love buying essentials.
you sound jelly
i'm not at my house atm but it's very nicely put together and nothing was damaged in shipping. I highly recommend buying from phil. quality items
how much did you get dummy for?
i have a rite of spring LP with some really cool artwork. i had to buy it

also i just bought long season on vinyl. excited to get it

If a brand new record from a local shop is skipping the first time I played it, they'll let me return it right?

depends on the shop i'd say

Which pressing of Piper is that? What do you think of it?

just a few of my favs

recent cops
post RSD picks

I saw that darkthrone at my local, tempted to buy it but I was with people and didn't them to think I was a nazi or satanist

Where is a good place to buy Vinyl online? I'm new to this, is there any other things I should be aware of with this kind of stuff?

discogs is good for old or hard to find stuff
for new stuff just the artists' website is usually a good place to start

My favourite 4

Is buying used vinyl online a good idea?

they usually mention the quality of it and provide some pictures, you might even be able to ask them for a video of the record's quality
mixed bag

I would lay mine out and take a picture like everyone else but they're alphabetized and I don't have much room to do so anyways, so I'll just list off my favorites from my collection

Strange Days - The Doors
Boston - Boston
Runaround Sue - Dion
Eldorado - Electric Light Orchestra
Trilogy - ELP
Escape - Journey
Led Zeppelin II and IV
Tubular Bells - Mike Oldfield
DSOTM (Original Master Recording)- Pink Floyd
WYWH - Pink Floyd
Animals - Pink Floyd
2112 - Rush
Crime of the Century - Supertramp
Close to the Edge - Yes
Fragile - Yes

>Close to the Edge - Yes
Want

its amazing. i wish you luck on your journey to get a copy.

nigga ctte and almost every prog record has been in every shop I've been into that carries used records.
normies sell off their prog collections en masse all the time

Not OP by I also ordered the new album from fill and the packaging was so amazing, the package was hand written and I hung that shit on my wall

discogs.com/user/lbosnjak2/collection

I have Earth - Pentastar on the way, Sisters of Mercy - Floodland and Dawnwatcher - Halls of Mirror / Spellbound 7"

Trying to complete my Godspeed collection.

It'd probably be impossible in retrospect considering there's no way to ever get a copy of ALFOTHAD

this

> tempted to buy it but I was with people and didn't them to think I was a nazi or satanist

Are you 12?

Recently I also got the Person Pitch Reissue, I don't usually care for colored vinyl but these look pretty nice

My experience is about 75% good. Some are obviously not what is advertised and it's depressing as Fuck when you can't do anything about it

My discogs if anyone cares
discogs.com/user/MeOnRight/collection

i'd get F#A# myself, but i like the CD version so much more that I wouldn't listen to the vinyl at all.

Yeah that's one of the gripes about it on vinyl. There sin't enough space on one LP to include all of the content from the CD and digital versions. and theres not enough content to justify a double LP

How does Awake sound on vinyl? It's my favorite Tycho album desu.

it sounds good, the pressing is good quality. nothing extraordinary like some 180g's, but I'd go for it. this album is comfy as fuck.

Agreed, that along with a lot of Aphex Twin albums [spoiler]my favorite artist[/spoiler] is my "comfy driving" music.

nice records user

It'd probably be faster to list the vinyl I don't have, this just what I've been fucking around with lately.

jelly af m9

Is that Naked City the 1972 reissue? How does it sound? I really want this album, but 1972 has some shit-sounding reisues.

On the other hand, all their commercial releases are still being constantly repressed by Constellation, so they're never out of print

What is the appeal in Vinyl? It seems like an expensive hassle.