Is depression even real? I don't think so

Is depression even real? I don't think so.

is that the review guy?

I'd have to agree. If things suck, it would only be natural to dislike reality. Depression only started as a problem once drug companies started selling pills for it.

Well, there have been thousands of medical professionals and studies that suggest it is, and your opinion that thinks it isn't.
Hmmmm.

Depends what you mean by depression, because there certainly ARE a lot of whiney ass bitches out there. So if you classify whiney ass bitches as depressed, then it's an epidemic.

He jests at scars that never felt a wound

See the thing is under the medical definition, getting mad at others is a a sign of depression supposedly. Try telling someone that's depressed that they are im control of their emotions and being so whiny is all on them and they get so angry. Seems more like being a self absorbed douche bag to me

Define whiny ass bitch. You mean like those people that never stop bitching about everything, or the "Im so depressed" type

Really made me think

Pretty much anyone who shares their unsolicited feelings

if one would describe depression as a lack of serotonin - then yes .. it is real

>"real"
Fucking as real as any other thought that goes through your empty head. So probably not real for you.

>Empty head

I'm doubting this for a reason. Its easy to just blame your OWN actions on some outside entity.

>M-muh chemical balance or lack thereof
What do you think your entity personality is made of to start with

Depression is definitely real. I had chemical depression. It feels like a weight in your frontal lobe. Went away after I added a gym routine which got me off the meds. Wasn't really linked to depressing things, just a lot of increasing amounts of sleep and increasing masturbation. I could cum so hard I would pass out. Always made me think the no-fap people had something. Effexor XR made my sex drive go way down, but was excellent for kicking my over sleeping and took that weight in my head away after a month or two. Once I had the gym routine I dropped the Effexor and I've been good for a decade plus. I've actually been thinking about getting back on it as I've been slacking lately after getting 4 colds in a row and wanting to sleep all the time.

How do you know if you're depressed, or if you're just lazy?

Probably easiest to tie it to sleep and what you are doing when you are being "lazy"? Are you wanting to sleep to avoid just about anything? I'd also say a good indicator is only what could be described as a weight in your forehead.

It's not real it's made up like alcoholism and addiction

Still fap when ur lazy... but not when ur depressed..

Reword your question OP.

Brain chemistry being off is certainly possible, are you asking if the vast majority of people fake it because they're weak and want attention than that depression is probably not real.

And not because of extreme advances in medicine over the last 200 y ears

>Defines part of an illness
>Agrees that depressed people exhibit that
>Says they're self absorbed dbags, therefore science is wrong.

You missed that last bus there Evil.

There's indeed whiney ass pussy bitches and attention whores. Then there's people who suffer in silence, who are going through chronic depression.
Depression usualy lasts some time right? It's like a phase of overwhelming sadness, but when the phase is not just 3 months but years it becomes a really serious problem.

>Depression only started as a problem once drug companies started selling pills for it.
So no one killed themselves for being sad throughout history, not until the last couple hundred years right?

No illness is real, it's all big pharma trying to con you

>Weight in forehead

I have a light one but that's always been like that as far as I know.

I sleep alot, (I know this is corny) but sometimes I'm tired to the point of not wanting to get up so I just sleep more, stuff like that.

I still fap ocasionally, though I hate doing it. So I don't know.

Smoked pot nearly a year on an everyday basis. Got depressed af. Suicide thoughts. Stopped it. Got much better. Kinda miss it.

Missed my point there, point is how on earth can you be a douchebag and even be aware of it, then still blame it on some disease that Is totally not your fault. Makes 0 sense.

Also, it's not "control of your emotions". It's like being drugged, although you wouldn't know the difference because it was a slow decent for you to get to where you are. Honestly the meds don't hurt you, they just kill your sex drive and makes it so you can't sleep as much and "need" to get up and do something. I'm also still on the fence that my sex drive and jerkin it several times a day caused my chemical depression. I can definitely say though that regular exercise and supplements targeting brain chemicals. Omega-3 Tyrosine AlphaBrain and B6.

Yes this is chemical depression. See a doctor. You don't need to permanently change your life, you just need something to break the cycle.

I just mentioned the fapping because that feeling, the drugged sleepiness right after cumming really hard is pretty close to what chemical depression feels like. I think it's burning through your chemicals/receptors etc.

Agreed Kappa