Hey Sup Forums...

hey Sup Forums, i'm doing a research paper on how punk music created a youth counterculture that challenged public opinion and American conformity from the 60' to the 90's, specifically through LGBT, anti-war, and anti-religious messages and artists. You guys got any sources or bands to look at? Thanks in advance.

Music doesn't create counterculture, counterculture creates music

Maybe check the like 50 documentaries that already have been made on the subject dickhead?

Central Intelligence creates both. See: Frankfurt/Terrastock etc.

Get a tuition refund.

The first punk song was Why in 1970 by Beatles 2.0 aka Plastic Ono Band with Yoko, Lennon and Ringo

The 2nd punk song and The literal blueprint was the 1972 recording of I Got A Right by The Stooges found on their Liquid compilation

In 1974 The Ramones began playing shows and punk officially began. Pink is more than just guitar and vocals. It is also about punk drums and that simply did not exist in the 60s. It's enough to claim that the damn Beatles.literally invented punk. There's no need to dig into the 60s

you should mention how they failed also

The Beatles were playing proto-punk rock in their early Liverpool club days, so...

i would say that it's probably not a one way process in either direction

Beatles were created by the Tavistock Institute.

Punk started as a fashion trend.

Is what it is.

Ok well if you wanna get into proto-punk but that is a subgenre of rock not punk. Going farther back than the 70s diminishes the importance of what happened.

Yes please, I would like a side of fries with that.

this is what beatlesfags actually believe

Fuck you and your shitty research paper.

Johnny Ramone was the proto-punk and he was adamantly against the commie garbage you're shilling.

Your anonymous message board skills need some work. This is a music board and that is first and foremost what I'm addressing.

there was no real punk culture in the us

Kek. Johnny Ramone wasn't the father of punk?

Your LGBT , anti-religion garbage has something to do w/ music?

>Johnny Ramone was the proto-punk and he was adamantly against the commie garbage you're shilling

And till this day, I'm still in denial of the fact.

And it also seems like you're confusing proto-punk with punk. Whether or not the literal meaning of that prefix is "the first" that is not what proto-punk means. It means before punk directly leading up to it. The Stooges were a proto-punk band who then almost completely invented punk in 1972 which was then soon copied by their Detroit contemporaries Death.

I wouldn't call Ramones members the father of punk but I wouldn't deny the importance they have on future punk rock bands that were influenced by them.

Example when the Ramones were touring in the UK, future Clash and Pistols member were in the concert and actually thought that if the Ramones can play shitty music and make it big, so could they. If I'm not wrong, they all had a big orgy at a motel after one of the concert and the early UK scene was born.

See
And no he wasn't. 1972 recording of I Got A Right by The Stooges on the Liquid compilation. Get ready to have your mind blown.

Johnny Ramone was the punk archetype. Probably the most important figure.

>songs about girls, girls, sometimes about girls even

Well sure that I don't have a problem with.

Nigga plz.

Rich kids like the clash, and fashion tools like the sex pistols weren't shit compared to the ramones.

And he's wrong anyways. Sex Pistols etc. copied Richard Hell and The Voidoids which was a different brand of punk from The Ramones

>If I'm not wrong, they all had a big orgy at a motel after one of the concert and the early UK scene was born.

Fuck off with your fake bullshit.

OP started this thread to peddle degenerate 'liberalism'. Which is really just communism. Which are both just covert ways of suppressing the populace.

You fool no one.