Astrological researcher here. Work in administrative branch of a few confidential, and some top secret...

Astrological researcher here. Work in administrative branch of a few confidential, and some top secret, research facilities which scan for evidence of extraterrestrial life.

I have a moment to shoot the shit, here.

Some interesting developments as of late. Have met a few popular scientists. Came here a few months ago and had a great conversation with some of you.

Ask me anything about the search for life, planetary research in general, and other classified developments.

What's the name of the place you work?

How much money on da bank OP?

Dis shiz gunna be gud

Uranus's Astrological Centrum

about twee fifdy

What classified developments and/or anything relating to extraterrestrial life can you talk to us about?

I should specify: I can't list anything too revealing. I'm under heavy encryption, with temporary keys, etc, etc, but I can't state where I presently work.

I have worked at a few, and visited momentarily a few, of the more notable places in the US and abroad. New Mexico and Nevada bases and research facilities, including Groom Lake.

Oddly, Groom Lake is far too much of a focus in some circles. Alaska, by a large measure, has the most advanced technologies and most ambitious projects in store for the future.

What do you think about KIC 8462852?

I can't state too much about my identity. In the past, however, as a low-tier admin, before moving up in my field, I made in the $120-150K range, depending on the place of employment, specific project, etc.

Many of the scientists make more, however, with mid and top tier admins being above them.

Why would astrological research and searching for ET be classified?

Life is far, far more prevalent in the universe than it seems. Intelligent life? Well, we're restricted because of the sheer space of the universe. We don't know who or what has sent radio signals, that are still traveling in space, a LONG time ago.

We suspect that intelligent life, such as bronze and iron age life, is possible, but it requires a great great deal of adaptation on behalf of the life form. In other words, many disasters. We've been "lucky" enough to have sustained dozens of extinction events, with a few major events.

Using spectrography, and related technologies, we have found extraterrestrial planets with an abundance of oxygen. We have spotted a few other signs, as well. Abnormal light patterns, breaks, and other elements.

so in other words you have nothing that's new and remotely intersting to share.

a real KIC in the pants that one is

not yet explained, but not very likely to be related to life

>KIC 8462852
Ooooh, I was asked about this last time. For this instance in particular, as a standalone instance, there is nothing too groundbreaking. However, what is promising is that we have witnessed similar instances in our own galaxy.

Abnormal patterns in luminosity/lighting are one of the key signs we are looking for.

As a standalone condition, it's one thing, but in combination with other conditions, we can nudge closer to making assertions of life elsewhere.

We have a few that are close, but one in particular, discovered a few years ago, is highly promising. High oxygen and carbon content, abnormal luminosity, and more. It fits most of the conditions for asserting that there should be life. It's in our neighborhood, but there is no other sign that they are extremely advanced.

So the researchers can actually get work done instead of having to comply with daily Freedom of Information requests from fartcatchers like you.

Alaska

How about S4?

Lawl. You are full of more shit than my bloated colon right now.

Ok so, there's a fking hand made 500bc spoon in mars, how?

And why don't u check the undergrounds of it?

This isn't to freak anyone out, but discoveries and forthcoming technologies have to be revealed in bits. Like letting off steam, because it's dangerous for the public to engage in mass hysteria.

Technologically speaking, there are amazing developments being made, but again, we're talking abrupt market disruption, etc, if released all at once. More harm than good.

As for life elsewhere, NASA almost conclusively can assert that life existed on Mars, and may be much more prevalent than first thought. This means Europa, Titan, and more. Current research is finding parallels between Earth and Mars life, but cannot distinguish whether or not our life came from Mars, or our life and Mars' life came, in general, from a source outside our solar system.

As for intelligent life elsewhere, we have a few very good, very good cases that fit much of the criteria for making the claim of intelligent life. Admittedly, I wasn't too shocked about the Mars connection, but I am shocked that we have found so many other candidates, and a couple of very strong ones, because it means that the probability of unintelligent life is likely very, very high.

Wohoo dis gud monies buddy. Dont spend it all on star merchandize muh user. Now i gotya a question mate.

Do you think by now that Beteigeuze still exists or is it a supernova by now? Im looking at the orion right now and i still see beteigeuze as a star

On one of Jupiters moon's Titan it's said to be made of mostly water. Do you know if there is any evidence of microbial life in the oceans there or maybe fish? I wonder what alien fish taste like. lol

Tastes like pussy, but u won't get any of it anyway

If I wanted any lip from you i'd pull it off my cock you fuckin basement dwelling neck bearded nigger.

OP here. We have legal teams for that, so we don't mind. But in all seriousness, our primary concern is agitating a fragile public. It sounds insulting, but think about whenever a popular sports team wins, or there is a controversial court case, etc. Now imagine we tell you that there's almost conclusive proof of microbial and complex organisms on Mars, some of which existing to this day.

A sizable portion of the world is religious, vaguely. A sizable portion of that group are fundamentalists.

Rage much? Fat sandmonkey?

Alaska is popular for a few reasons. Total seclusion and dominion. Security and inability to invade. And ease of operations. More often than not, advanced technologies, such as aircraft, are tested up there without any hinderance. It's a genuinely amazing space to be in (at least the place I was located).

OK, OP. Tell me anything that will make your story plausible. Something other than stuff that can be googled from science blogs.

NASA's Mars missions are partially classified. We have some landers and impact-based probes that are totally classified. These helped in establishing that Mars still has microbial life. In the crust of Mars is where a great deal of water receded, and like Earth's high amount of crust-based life, Mars still has life as well.

As for the spoon, that's a no go. The largest life we can confirm were simplistic oceanic life, and prototypical land-based life. We suspect that, outside of Mars' oceans, the planet was lush and green, but had not yet had the requisite time to develop large life, such as our dinosaurs and other early life here on Earth.

>almost conclusive proof of microbial and complex organisms on Mars,

Zare et al or something from the last 20 years?

>Beteigeuze
OP here (sorry, I keep failing to label my posts): Nobody knows about that, because both light and gravity move at the speed of light. In cosmic terms, it'll be "soon," but most likely not in our lifetimes. That's not related to my work, though, it's just something I like to keep up on. As you can imagine I'm a space junkie.

Astronomy: study of planets and other celestial bodies

Astrology: horoscopes, tarot, psychic readings

OP: Can't speak for Titan, though I suspect it's possible, because of how prevalent life definitely is. Europa, however, has three classified impacters headed there currently, with the express purpose of finding life.

>Astrological
That's classified.

An old friend of mine lived in Alaska for a while. He would tell me about the things people down here in mainland USA don't here about. Showed me an old tape he found with a (mountain?) opening up and some very disgusting shit along with military tech that didn't seem possible. He destroyed it and we never spoke of it again. He also said that Alaskan beauty is unmatched.

Existing and past rovers are partially classified. Our aim is to make significant gains by studying their life. In the past, during the Bush years no less, we discovered conclusive microbiological life in the crust of Mars.

This life had a foundation based upon DNA, but it was different from the types of DNA found on Earth, which is something that Dawkins and others said would be probable. Either it would be completely new, or share a likeness with our own. It happens to share a likeness with our own, so we're tapping it for medical advances, which are currently being studied. However, it's a precarious situation, because nothing has been returned to Earth (though plans are in the making to do so). Before that can happen though, we need to ensure that it is completely safe. We don't know if it could harm us, like during the age of colonization, or if this brand of proto-DNA could even affect us.

We do have existing landers there, not rovers, which are classified and exist solely to send data back to Earth for study of this microbio.

>Astrological researcher here.
>Astrological

Astronomical, user. Would you like a do-over in a new thread?

kek

OP: I can understand being doubtful of our study of planets outside of our solar system (where we have registered oxygen/carbon-based combinations, found patterns of chemical/element distribution, sustained non-geological light at dusk/night, and abnormal patterns in luminosity).

However, the Mars connection, and the existence of simple in our own solar system is absolutely true. I'm a bit jaded by this point, and kind of exist in this "new world," but I can tell you that I was very excited for this branch of science about ten or so years ago. I was never existentially jarred or anything, and only stayed up at night out of excitement. But now it's just business as usual, and further proving/finding evidence of its existence.

OP: That's why I am a dumb fuck administrator, and not a scientist. Can't believe I wrote that. I handle lower level planning/pay/scheduling/etc, etc, etc, of a particular department. That's a funny slip, though.

Low relevance, but the Black Knight satellite, has anything conclusive come of that yet?

OP: Some of the areas I've been in Alaska, oddly, have made me feel vulnerable as hell. Not the discoveries being made, or new tech, but just being situated many, many miles away from others, and knowing there are no roads to or from.

And yeah, I'll be honest with you. Some of the scientists are good folks, and pleasant for small talk, and the admins/less science-based colleagues are more "human," but many of the people I work with were hand-selected by the government and are essentially savants. They are high to mid functioning adults, but are amazing human beings. They're essentially people who think, eat, and breathe math, and can do many, if not most, astro biological and rocket science calculations in their heads. No equations of any great length, but seriously, even just rocket science alone, in their fucking heads. But they're quaint people, and usually only make small talk, and keep to themselves. Very mission-focused.

Some of the most advanced technology I have witnessed is unreal. I genuinely believe that warfare is obsolete because I couldn't imagine using some of this tech. For instance, energy beams (which can excite and essentially detonate an object) are fucking grade school. Inorganic-applications of teleportation technology are what intrigue me the most, especially with the forthcoming nature of AI and automated war machines. However, also breathtaking is our observational technologies.

I'm aware that dark matter (not energy) is being chipped away at slowly, and massive, but gradual, gains are being made in understanding gravity. This one will be absolutely massive for civilian applications, and our capabilities as a species.

OP: Unfortunately, nobody knows. It's important to note that there are a LOT of NEOs of varying size in orbit. In my professional career, I've had access to SCI clearance (when needed), and top secret, and I can genuinely say that Earth has never been visited by detectable* intelligent life.

*I say detectable, because even with our observational technologies, which are amazing and have spotted a few very plausible planets sustaining life in our neighborhood of the galaxy, we're still blind in some degrees. Nobody is sure about beings who operate at higher dimensions being around, just yet. But, with our discoveries made with gravity, and our inching closer with dark matter (aka dark gravity), we're creeping closer to being able to manipulate spacetime.

Some research facilities can manipulate it, but as of yet, it seems to result in a different registering/passing of time. We're not too far ahead yet, where we can bend spacetime to essentially warp. But if we can crawl, we can eventually walk and then run. We have made advances in gravity which, like I said earlier, may have extreme consequences for the development of the species, for sure.

> As for intelligent life elsewhere, we have a few very good, very good cases that fit much of the criteria for making the claim of intelligent life.

Can you provide more info on those cases, please? Like messages from space or what?

Black Knight satellite guy: Is there anything you can let slip in small detail about any future potential non-commercial space travel in a reason span of time?

There is no such thing as astrological research windowlickers...

Stop feeding this troll.

OP: Two quick things. We are working on teleportation, but organic teleportation seems to be really tricky, and often couldn't sustain life. However, warps/bending of spacetime may alleviate that for now.

Humans are fragile, because of our organic nature. Yet, for robotic/automated drones, etc, we actually suspect that we will have great success with inorganic, non-commercial missions. Our study of dark gravity, and the confirmation of the graviton, as well as lab tests where we have manipulated time/flexed spacetime, tell us that we should be able to send vehicles through space at a faster-than-light equivalent.

Nobody has stated this officially or anything, but it's for that reason I suspect our first encounter with alien life on Earth will come in the form of an unmanned vehicle.

have you, or any of your colleagues found any remote sign of life, such as faint radio signals or other findings that are not natural and must be made by intelligent life

You are all fools. OP is full of shit. Why teleportation will never work: It would only be possible in the sense of creating an almost exact copy of a source material / body and the original would essentially have to be destroyed - to put it another way: like a 3D printer / scanner.

seeing how OP is vaguely talking about the most basic aspects of astronomy (he keeps reapeating "luminosity"), he's probably a faggot, as usual. nothing to see here, let's move on.

have aliens been to earth in the recent times?

Are we the only intelligence?

OP: What I meant by sending messages was that we, and any other intelligent life, exist in radio bubbles. The speed of light is pretty confining, given the size of the universe. So if any other light form is sending us something, we probably will never receive it ever, and our own messages are still less than 100 years out into space. That's a tiny amount.

As for planets with what we suspect is intelligent life. There are a few, and by that I mean literally a handful, of potential targets. However, one in particular, with a star similar to our own (not so threatening to life), it fits a few of the criteria, and is genuinely exciting. Light is sustained after dark, and does not appear to be from a geological origin (volcanic activity, etc), there are irregular/abnormal patterns in luminosity/lighting, using spectrography and other means of observation, we know that it is rich with oxygen, carbon, and carbon compounds.

Given Mars, and the fact that it had oceans, rivers, you name it, and given our findings there, it may be the case that life is common, and follows a similar trajectory. With this particular planet, it seems to be a mirror image of our own, in terms of physical properties, and contains a number of anomalies which coalesce into a probable suspicion of early, but intelligent life.

The frustrating part is that we can only observe a small amount of the universe from here. Imagine two cones extending from the Earth, and within those cones are all that we can see. We actually are blind to a great deal of the night sky.

You're semi-smart jibjab is not fooling anyone, except for all the little psychopathic 12yr olds here.

OP: The other posts I've made here mention some specifics. Radio was only an initial aim to look out for because of our own ignorance, and the fact that it was cutting edge at the time. Some of our classified satellites can readily spot a number of specific anomalies that, when enough are combined, grant a high probability of life.

One unfortunate issue is that light itself is so slow that we can only say for certain that, with one planet in particular, we think intelligent life definitely existed. Whether it has survived this long is obviously impossible to tell.

haha
>uranus

So your referencing gliese 581 g ?

>>you're
>>YOU'RE
>>YUUUUUURRRRRRRRRR
>>YEEEEERRRRRRRR
>>JEBBERDOODLEDINDONG
>>KYUCKYUCKYUCKYUCK

I'm an admin, not a scientist.

And also, I never claimed for organic warping to be possible. Our existing research is on using it for inorganic/non-living applications. For example, like sending a drone or orbiter or rover to Mars, but in a fraction of the time it takes to get there. One key issue is energy, and is a significant hurdle in moving forward, because it turns out that (as was suspected), warp/bending of spacetime is very energy consuming.

OP: Intelligence is found in most all life. We're just intelligent enough to adapt to a changing world which has experienced dozens of catastrophes. With the life we have found on Mars, though microbial in nature, it also exhibits a kind of intelligence, though crude in comparison to ours.

OP: Like I said before, not that we have ever observed. Most observed spectacles have just been experimental aircraft, or related to scientific endeavors. We do not know if there have been other visitors, though, because we're unable to detect higher dimensions and are still extremely ignorant.

There was no spoon.
It was just a weird rock formation.

all the crap you keep bashing in here, while everyone overlooked the obvious give-away –Uranus's Research Bullshit – is stuff that you can find easily on youtube. Hell, there's a whole lecture on a scientifically very possible way of warping (contorting space in front and behind of a spaceship, essentially a "warp-bubble"), You are boring!
You're boring!
Your boring!

OP: I can't confirm anything too directly. With this planet, like many that we have found, it has liquid water, or is "moist" in general. For that reason, and given what we've found in our own solar system, is almost definitely has life. Just not advanced, highly intelligent life.

For us to declare that a planet has/had intelligent life, there needs to be a bit more proof. Low-level life seems to be incredibly common, and able to thrive more places than we ever suspected, but civilizations seem to be the extreme exception.

OP: Bingo. We tend to look for recognizable patterns and shapes from our own lives. Hence, the face on Mars, pyramids, etc.

A bit more proof is exactly what YOU should deliver! faggot

>It would only be possible in the sense of creating an almost exact copy of a source material / body and the original would essentially have to be destroyed
Tha's why Dr. McCoy always hated using the teleporter

no such thing!

/ thread

the level of gullibility in this thread is over 9000

>all my baits

OP: I'll expand further. One of the things we should be grateful for here is that our planet has experienced a murderous, ever-changing past, which gave rise to early humans. Humans that needed enough intelligence (tactics and strategies) to survive in all kinds of conditions, environments, and disasters. Essentially, we're masters of adapting to change.

Now one of the biggest divides between life and very intelligent life is need. From an evolutionary standpoint, things only get as complex as they need to, and only evolve as much as they need to. Take the dinosaurs for instance. Hundreds of millions of years, but no civilization. Why? Because there was no need. With modern humans, who have existed for only about 12-15,000 years, we have evolved quite rapidly.

So while there is definitely proven life, and probably life everywhere in the universe, civilization is most like not common at all. In the grand scheme of things, there are probably quite a few civilizations in our own universe, but we're talking a very small fraction of all known life.

And THEN, to fuck it up further, even civilization tends to stagnate, because there is just no need. Take indigenous tribes, for instance, which did not progress technologically for thousands of years. We again can point to calamities, such as war and disease, and competition in general for where we are, because there was the need to evolve.

OP here. I'm going to be heading out soon. This is something I can only do once ever several months, or year. I think last time I did this was last... February or January.

I can genuinely understand doubting spotting what seems to be intelligent life on a distant planet or two, but I cannot understand the reluctance to believe anything else that I have posted. Not being mean, but the fact that Mars was once wet, and supported life, was suspected by many in the scientific community before its discovery last decade. Since I'm not religious, I just took it as a "Huh, that's crazy" moment, and not something so life-jarring.

OP here: Hope everyone enjoyed this. I'm a creative writing student with a dual major in women's studies and gender. Thanks for playing along.

you stupid cuck! I saw right throuh you.

Your writing is shit and you should drop all your religious angst, you little turd

KYS KYS KYS

Are ayy lmaos out there?

>astrological

Are you a Virgo or Sagittarius?

Prove you're op

read the whole thread, you moronic little shit. It's got bullshit written all over it.

So .... have you found anything yet?

Also, wtf is that shit at the end of our solar system who's only proof of existence that we have are mathematics?

any military aircraft testing still going on in the Aleutian islands? Umnak especially