Jimmy Page not allowed to take excerpts of music and turn them into his own songs

>Jimmy Page not allowed to take excerpts of music and turn them into his own songs

>Niggers allowed to sample literally anything they can find to make their "street art", sometimes lifting multiple measures straight from a song to rap their retarded dr. seus lyrics about hoes and bitches and killing the whitey.

What happened?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=3wVhWcpZpac
youtube.com/watch?v=qLrnkK2YEcE
youtube.com/watch?v=s4s5bj5fZO8
youtube.com/watch?v=JQYJRw4R4-Q
youtu.be/j04mQ6UnGTI
youtube.com/watch?v=fOnciH5Sy08
youtube.com/watch?v=RW68zUxqsqM
m.youtube.com/watch?v=JxBQPcfFJnM
m.youtube.com/watch?v=JbXVNKtmWnc
youtube.com/watch?v=Wn6iEy7qWnw
youtube.com/watch?v=hkXHsK4AQPs
youtu.be/cDXgyU9ObzA
youtube.com/watch?v=tURfX_EpAg0
youtube.com/watch?v=zXeWOtjfVgw
youtube.com/watch?v=d6nPLxdI83k
youtube.com/watch?v=zowid7KAmnM
youtube.com/watch?v=V6Dfo4zDduI
youtube.com/watch?v=8dFQ5OxV72M
youtube.com/watch?v=pNN12F2WIao
youtu.be/pTsvs-pAGDc
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Please stay at your containment board.

>excerpts
>samples
Keywords, you answered your own question.

Also, lazy sampling = lawsuit, and there's an history of this in hip-hop.

>Lazy sampling

What a fucking oxymoron. All sampling is lazy.

Well that's convenient of you. Coward.

The same people that get mad at one of these usually gets mad at the other. I don't understand this dichotomy you're trying to make.

No, chopping up beats is real convenient for all the gangstas and street soldjas who were too retarded to learn at least how to play the fucking drums or a guitar. Jazz and blues, the blacks only real claim to any sort of cultural accomplishment, is dead because the black community has been niggerfied to death by this shitty ass genre of music stealing.

>XD we're musicians not criminals guise :p we don't steal from people's stores and cause violence you sillies! We steal music instead of TVS now haha :#

youtube.com/watch?v=3wVhWcpZpac
youtube.com/watch?v=qLrnkK2YEcE

it doesn't matter how "complex" your collage of audio is. It's still just a bunch of audio pieces glued together. Audio you didn't make or ask permission to fucking use.

Speaking of stolen riffs.

youtube.com/watch?v=s4s5bj5fZO8

youtube.com/watch?v=JQYJRw4R4-Q

>no outrage because stolen riffs are from a bunch of white boys

Not surprised here

RHCP also stole an entire Tom Petty song, not just one riff.

Red Hot Chili Peppers have always been known as huge frauds.

Supposedly George Harrison wouldn't listen to anyone else's shit for fear he'd steal something from them.

> It's still just a bunch of audio pieces glued together.
In different way that the original artist intended, creating something new.

Rock artist steal riff all the time, no one gives a fuck. If it's used in a different context, what's the problem? It's just a couple of notes on a guitar/3-4 seconds of audio.

Do you consider the Powerpuff Girls intro a ripoff because it uses the Amen Break?

Post the most shameless Hip-Hop samples. This has got to be up there
youtu.be/j04mQ6UnGTI
Dre pretty much just threw a drum loop over it

RHCP's purloining of that riff from Elevation has been common knowledge for many years. If you listen to a couple P-Funk albums, you can probably find about 20 riffs that RHCP "borrowed".

how the fuck are people saying that Elevation sounds like Pigs in the comments. It doesn't.

He's a rockist, he dosen't know shit

Oh fuck I just got to the part. It seems like it could have been cryptoamnesia.

It's impossible to come up with a melody or a riff that's truly original unless you are being very avant-garde.

There's a difference between that, and purposely and actively stealing pieces of music and making money off them.

Rappers will just say "Ayo, man it's just a TRIBUTE to the music brah".

Why don't they actually make a real tribute and try to learn to play like the people they are fucking sampling from?

Because hiphop artists are lazy weed smokers with no real musical talent.

Way to be racist user

And yet, this happened:

>Later in the 1970s, "My Sweet Lord" was at the centre of a heavily publicised copyright infringement suit, due to its similarity to the Ronnie Mack song "He's So Fine", a 1963 hit for the New York girl group the Chiffons. In 1976, Harrison was found to have subconsciously plagiarised the earlier tune, a verdict that had repercussions throughout the music industry. He claimed to have used the out-of-copyright "Oh Happy Day", a Christian hymn, as his inspiration for the song's melody.

All Around The World stole the intro from Budgie--Breadfan.

Actually Motley Crue Live Wire ripped off Breadfan much more thoroughly. The two songs are very similar while AARTW doesn't sound anything like Breadfan other than the riff.

Using the amen break is fucking lazy and played out as fuck.

Sampling is just a technique, but the original intent created for sampling wasn't to use other peoples music to form your own music. It was created to take audio that either you created yourself or recorded yourself and use it as an instrument for music.

t. rockist

I thought they were imitating Motorhead myself.

Well of course Motorhead were one of Crue's main influences, that goes without saying. Live Wire does sound a lot like Breadfan down to the general flow of the song and also the vocals.

youtube.com/watch?v=fOnciH5Sy08

youtube.com/watch?v=RW68zUxqsqM
Leaves me dead inside knowing Sabbath did this

Oasis stole a couple of Slade and REM riffs.

Whites have done the same shit too. You just see more black people doing it. Doesn't make it more acceptable because they are low income blacks.

Back in the day black people who were fucking dirt poor, a million times poorer than any fucking rapper today came up with their own music genre. A genre that actually took fuckloads of skill and practice.

So call me a racist if you want, i don't discriminate because of skin color, I discriminate because of behavior, and I am fucking fed up with double standards between cultures.

There's nothing odd about one borrowed riff or two and sometimes a band does this on purpose. What is off is when you have a song like Dani California that stole the riff, chord progression, and subject matter from another song lock, stock, and barrel.

Big deal, Noel Gallagher has said a bunch of times that they borrowed things from other songs, he's never tried to hide it. He outright said they stole a T-Rex riff which in of itself was stolen from Chuck Berry.

Both sucks dirty balls.

"But Vanusa, who would be the likeliest candidate to take offense, is the last one trying to inflame the affair. “I think it was indeed a musical coincidence. I heard their song for the first time about two years ago, and I was convinced that they didn’t copy me – nor did my songwriters copied them.”

Ian Anderson said the same thing between "hotel california" and "stand up"

“Maybe it was just something they kind of picked up on subconsciously, and introduced that chord sequence into their famous song ‘Hotel California’ sometime later,” Anderson adds."

Shit can happen like this when you are making music, it's not really intentional.

I do think Jimmy Page was intentional on a lot of things though. Too many times it pops up.

t. music stealer

"Talent" is a classist lie based around outmoded western values to exclude and delegitimize work from people who weren't classically trained in their youth

t. out of touch

Or you know, it actually means you are good at something because you practiced at it your whole life instead of wasted time stealing and smoking weed.

I think you are being ironic but if you are not you need to fuck off back to the hole you came from.

Iommi hit the wall, couldn't think of anything, but then returned with the Sabbath Bloody Sabbath riff. still a coincidence ?

t. nu-male

t. Basement dweller

You sound like a mad rockist or jazzfag

He may as well stole that little part of the riff, but maybe it was for the best because it revitalized the entire bands sound and gave them new direction. If you found other instances of Iommi stealing riffs and musical ideas I would be a lot more pissed off about it.

This is my favorite stolen riff
m.youtube.com/watch?v=JxBQPcfFJnM
m.youtube.com/watch?v=JbXVNKtmWnc

t. normie red.it scum.

You know western culture is fucked when being a "rockist" or a "jazzfag" is worse than being a hipster wigger. Don't you have some Kendrick Lamar to listen to, or maybe that insane part in the You're Dead album from Flying Lotus where everything is super technical and fas- oh wait that's stolen straight from George Duke.

youtube.com/watch?v=Wn6iEy7qWnw
youtube.com/watch?v=hkXHsK4AQPs
Sabbath were told to have one more song for the album, so they made Paranoid real quick.
Sabbath also use a Deep Purple riff in Under the sun. Only ones I know of

these are two different riffs, technically
bloody sabbath riff is in minor, whereas what to do riff is pentatonic
only first couple of notes are rhythmically similar to bloody sabbath

That's the nature of going up the pentatonic scale. Everything is going to sound similar to something. Early Sabbath was a flower short of a hippie blues rock band like everything else if you aren't thoughtful except Iommi had tritones and shit.

youtu.be/cDXgyU9ObzA
Still heavy as hell tho

these are not blues rock riffs
most people forget that black sabbath was a JAZZ influenced band
youtube.com/watch?v=tURfX_EpAg0
youtube.com/watch?v=zXeWOtjfVgw
youtube.com/watch?v=d6nPLxdI83k

youtube.com/watch?v=zowid7KAmnM

youtube.com/watch?v=V6Dfo4zDduI

the most glaring ripoff that I know of.

Oh, and here's one more

youtube.com/watch?v=8dFQ5OxV72M

youtube.com/watch?v=pNN12F2WIao

completely obvious ripoffs, both of them

People dislike rockism because it is at the helm of musical elitism. Hipster wiggers are annoying but they don't get angry about pop music like you do

Why is this funny?
>muh Sup Forums

This is a legitimate question OP has. Just because the word "nigger" offends you and makes you run to your safe spaces.

it's not the use of the word nigger it's the false accusation that white people get in trouble for things black people don't, which is just a lie.

> He unironically believes in intellectual property
KYS faggot, stop holding art back

whachha doin Rabbi?

These kind of posts are usually found in Sup Forums. No one creates these other than the tards in that board.

But they don't.

Yep, OP started this thread just to race bait.

It's bullshit.

you sound like a fucking loser

Samples are legally supposed to be cleared with the rights holder of the song/recording. There's literally no difference. Plenty of rappers have been sued over uncleared samples.

Artists have to pay for sampling though, or give credit to who they sampled. Page more often than not tried to take full credit and hoped people wouldn't notice.

This desu

youtu.be/pTsvs-pAGDc

wow that was devastating

>Artists have to pay for sampling though
not really

Correct.

Who would want to pit blacks against whites? So hard to figure out.

try doing it yourself lil ho lmao ass nigger dont go on my board talking shit when you ain't never did shit fagass