Anyone here deal with asthma? I've felt sick for over a month now, coughing and shit...

Anyone here deal with asthma? I've felt sick for over a month now, coughing and shit. Went to the doctor twice for it (my doctor sucks i go to a VA hospital) he said based on my symptoms he thinks i have asthma (wheezing, trouble breathing, chest tightness) I'm supposed to have a PFT done soon. He gave me an inhaler, but i used it up because I'm dumb and tried to prime it too much. He tried giving me a antibiotics which i turned down because he didn't give me a good reason for prescribing them. I regret it now because if this isn't asthma and its bronchitis i could've killed it. Heading to the hospital now to get a refill for the inhaler. Anyone here have asthma? How do you deal with it? I want to feel good again and be able to exercise...

i have asthma and I'm coughing all the time i haven't done anything about it because I'm a dumb fag. i ditched my inhalers because they didn't seem to be doing anything

Just pick up smoking. The smoke will kill whatever bacteria is causing your breathing issues.

Maybe try getting better treatment? Like a nebulizer or something? I can't live like this man i can eventually accept having asthma but i need better treatment or something

Brilliant l

Been dealing with asthma since I was small. What do you mean "prime" the inhaler? Lol. The inhaler I received, and have always had, is a rescue inhaler meant for times when the breathing is very difficult. It is not meant to be used frequently vecause you become dependent on it.

Like to spray it to see if there's as good mist. That's what the doc was saying he didn't explain it very well. I've tried not to use it a lot, just when it's hard to breathe. Sucks because I'm almost 30 and have had no history of asthma or anything like it

I am currently on Advair and despite it having described adverse side effects, I havent had any problems with it. It works well for controlling breathing difficulties but is not meant for emergency type situations that the rescue inhaler would be used for. I still recommend general exercise and just trying to remain in shape via cardio and some light work out. I don't do anything ridiculous, just the occasional jog and hiking. I don't recommend that for only the asthma situation either, also for general wellness. Asthma can have many different contributing factors such as allergies or stress induced difficulties. If it is allergy related, it is recommended that you are on something to control that aspect.

What inhaler is it?

Albuterol

I have been using that same inhaler as in OP's pic. It's called Salbuthamol in my country and yes it's supposed to be a rescue spray but seriously, i have used it every day and never became dependent on it. I feel like it actually helped me cure my asthma. This other spray with the white powder didn't do anything for me and from what i read causes oral thrush more than often.

Also, steam inhaling aetheric oils is the best shit ever for asthma. Look up Bronchoforton.

My man

I use an albuterol inhaler as well, as needed, branded Proventil or Ventolin. Both of which have given me a sort of clockwork dependency where I need to use it at around the same time every evening until I just force myself not to. And yes, definitely rinse your mouth and throat. I threw caution to the wind and the skin on the inside of my cheeks once began peeling.

let putout this smoke...

When did you start using it

About 15 years ago.

I meant how old were you

Try to ask for Seretide. Im using 100 mg almost every day and it srsly help me better than most shit i've tried. Had asthma since forever, almost died as a kid, too bad im dumb now and sometimes smoke. Try not to smoke and exercise lightly

I quit smoking over a year ago, was exercising regularly, except for the past couple weeks been feeling like shit

maybe its because of winter? i feel alot better in the summer. Also you could be allergic to dust or something in your home. Try to make an allergy test

this

and find the sourc that caused it. Maybe allergies or mold over a long time.

Start running regulary this will made it better.

And stop smoking if you do ofc.

Yeah maybe, i live in Florida too so the temperature has been flip flopping unrelentlessly. What do mean make an allergy test?