Hey Sup Forumsro's I'm going to join the marines, I leave for boot camp in a month...

Hey Sup Forumsro's I'm going to join the marines, I leave for boot camp in a month. Is there any advice former marine fags could give me, or any advice in general would be much appreciated

make sure you get your EGA tattoo before you ship. It shows you are committed to the corps so the D.I.'s will respect you above the other recruits.

Don't do this you'll be mocked, just go and get ready to be somebodys bitch for a good couple of months. You're gonna change in ways you didn't know how and probably make some really close friends.

make sure you dont get your EGA tattoo before you ship; its like saying your a vet when your not, the D.I's will hate you for it

Wear two globe and anchors, one on each side of your chest, making your uniform symmetrical shows your attention to detail when maintaining your dress blues.

Going from the most powerful army in the world anonymous to the second the USMC. Good luck, dont forget to log on and say hi

Active duty marine here. What mos field are you going into. Also I'm sorry bro here in a year you're gonna hate your life. I'm fucking miserable and everyone else I know who isn't some boot ass Moto faggot is too. Prepare for depression or get out of the delayed entry program as fast as you can because it's totally not worth it

Don't go Infantry. Waste of time. Do a job that will give you a marketable skill when you get out.

Source: 0351 from 07' - 11'

Suck a bunch of dicks and run around like a total fairy. When the try to discipline you, you can sue them and then end up in some cushy position.

For the love of fucking shit, Don't stand up when they say you can go home early. They'll spew a bunch of shit saying all you're contracts are now 0311, it's all horse shit.

Inb4 thread deleted because we got hold of a mods snapchat username hahaahahaha

Oh yeah don't do that. They pull this bullshit when they say everyone is getting deployed and going to war to trick all the weak recruits and then they haze the shit outta you the rest of the time you're there it's hilarious. Happened to like 3 kids in my platoon while I was in boot

dont fuck up the moment of truth

you cant smoke weed

your life is over

polish your boots, FAGGOT!

Lmao baby killer faggot

>anchor through the Earth

That much of a stopping device and you still couldn't stop yourself being a faggot

Typical liberal support of our service men and women, and yet they are surprised the rest of America doesn't want to jump on their bandwagon.
OP, just remember why you joined when times get hard and remember why you're choosing to be a respected member of society.

nigga that was fucking gay

U just mad they're pulling the plug on your "girl" friend's estrogen consumption.
>anyone you with has a penis

Inb4 thread deleted because we got hold of a mods snapchat username hahaahahaha

OP don't listen to this fag. I'm active duty AF right now, it's gay as fuck. Every Marine i've talked to hates it. Get out before you regret it.

I plan to go into culinary

That's only because you didn't kill as many bad guys as the other soldiers you fucking pleb

What could be so bad? I'm doing this as an opportunity to improve myself as a person, get some self discipline, and as a chance to serve my country. I'm currently in the DEP now.

Also this is OP

I nearly joined the marines then decided at the last minute i didnt want to be a fag and wanted to actually have a career and not work shit jobs for near minimum wage

Work on your fitness, especially running, and life will be easy as fuck.

>culinary

Why?

call your DI a boot
also mcrd or sdrd

Royal Marine here, practice eating crayons.

>Royal Marine

No.

Bongs gtfo.

I just sucks dick in general. Once you sign your life away on the dotted line, it's basically just bondage for the four years or however long you sign for. You get the benefits sure, but if your job isn't very marketable you might as well have never joined if you ever plan on getting out.

Because it's what I have a passion for, I always have, I was going into culinary school anyways,(haha OP cooks for a living, well fuck you nigger I love to cook and I'm damn good at it)

Hahaha op is gonna be a fucking pro omelette maker.
Have fun in fort lee for mos school that place is a fucking shit hole

I don't plan on serving more than 4 years, and afterwards I plan on continuing my education

Take it from me all my friends that are food serve ice marine fucking hate their life. Being an active duty marine sucks man seriously if I can save one retard from the hell of a life that I'm living it will make a difference. Don't enlist go to school and enjoy your early 20s

>fucking hate their life

How do people reach this conclusion?

I feel like you just weren't cut out for the job.

1. Don't bring anything to the recruit depot. Nothing. Like, really nothing.

2. Don't volunteer for jack shit. Ever.

3. Learn how to speak quickly. There are rules. Follow them.

4. Learn how to move in an urgent manner without running.

5. Run 6 minute miles.

6. Do 20 dead arm pullups.

7. If you can't do 80 situps in 2 minutes, you're fucked anyways.

8. Don't lose your shit. Ever. Doesn't matter how many DI's are screaming shit at you. Keep your bearing. No fucking excuses. You're supposed to be a man by now.

9. You're going to get fucked by the Marine Corps. Deal with it.

10. You got fucked by your recruiter. Deal with it.

All you need to know they will tell you. Listen.

Improvise. Adapt. Overcome.

And you will have a job where they pay you to just show up on time. But that's what it is. A job. That is, after all the excitement wears off and you're actually in the fleet.

Good for you on joining. Remember, people are in the Army, in the Navy, and in the Air Force, but people are Marines. Just don't think it gives you superpowers after boot camp and get your ass jumped, because you will always be stationed in places where they hate Marines.

OP here, see I've gotten two different answers from people, the marines helped them become a better person and they enjoyed their time in the service, and that it's actually hell and I shouldn't go, neither of these give me any actual evidence or a solid reason why I should/shouldn't join

What do you mean not cut out for it? I fucking earned my title and now I just sit in my unit doing the same thing every week and drinking every weekend. There's no war so we have nothing to do and that's when the marine corps gets retarded.

See, this is the kind of advice I was looking for, see I am fully aware that boot will be hell and I will in fact get my ass kicked but nothing in life that's worth a damn gets handed to you, and I embrace the challenge that the marines will pose

People who say the marines made them better people and that they are glad they did it are people who don't want to go into the story of how much they fucking hated it and it's just easier to spout that shit just like I do when I go home on leave. Talk to active duty marines or someone who just EAS'd and not your recruiter about what it's really like being enlisted and you'll get different answers you poolee boot

If you hated it so why make a facade that it improved your life

It really depends on what type of person you are.

If you're unfit, unmotivated, thin-skinned or socially awkward, you wont enjoy military life.

It gets tough, often it gets boring. Like any large organization there are dicks with rank. Unlike most organizations you have to set your ego aside and deal with that to some extent, but especially in your first couple of years where nobody will care about your opinion in the slightest.

If you don't bitch out, and apply yourself, you'll form friendships and memories that will last you the rest of your life. You may make a career out of it, or you might leave but if you make the most of things, you wont regret your service however things plan out.

Anyone who does, or was truly unhappy during their service, was simply not cut out for military life, and that might well apply to you. You'll probably only find out when you enlist.

If you have any second thoughts though, my advice is do something else.

I like what my dad's buddy said about joining the Corps. He said he wouldn't take a million dollars to do it again, but he wouldn't take a million dollars to never have joined in the first place.

Im actually leaving for BMT for the air force on the 31st wish me luck Sup Forumsros

>There's no war so we have nothing to do and that's when the marine corps gets retarded.

True.

>I fucking earned my title

Nobody cares.

>What do you mean not cut out for it?

Boredom is a fact of life in the military. It's worse on tour half the time. If you haven't accepted it by now, and can't do anything productive with your time fitness or course wise, you either aren't making the most of things, or it's not for you.

It's a fucking job. It will get boring.

keep your mouth shut
don't volunteer for anything
do as you're told, even if it pisses you off
don't be a bitch
remember, the D.I.'s are TRYING to fuck you up... don't let 'em

finished bmt in july

it was some of the best 2 months of my life
tons of sleep and you meet some great guys

would do it again in a minute

good luck man

Learn from the other Marines around you. A lot of them are complete turds who abuse their rank and position to do absolutely nothing, while getting paid for it.

Find a good role model. Someone who makes you want to be better than you are. Someone who motivates you.

Find yourself in bootcamp (if you haven't already) and lead with your best foot forward. Be the type of person that you would want to have as your "boss."

If this is too much for you, strap on your boots and bend over to wait for the shitstorm that will be your life for the next 4 years (8 years if you're a reservist turd).

I used to play the triangle in the Royal Marines Band.

This. Currently at the stumps. Anyone who is motivated and still happy after a year is too stupid to realize how shitty and pointless our enlistments are

No one gives a fuck about you airforce cucks.

Rah

Jesus christ toss some fucking salt in your diet you overly moto poolee.

Start running pogfuck. Carry 40 lbs in a backpack. Wear new boots that hurt like fuck so you can grow some calluses now. Don't be a fag. That's about it.

This is a true Marine. No doubt.
If you want to be one bad enough, and you're fit and smart enough. If you can take what ever shit comes your way and stay focused. If you can put the guys in your unit above everything else - even yourself. You'll be one, too. Good luck.

Don't listen to this guy, he clearly has no fucking idea of what he is talking about, no superior likes an enlisted man who doesn't even have the determination to get a "semper fi" tattoo. It means always loyal, that's why you get it tattood, it's as permanent as your lojalty to the corps.

You'll never get promoted if you aren't motivated, so stay moto no matter what.