Hey Sup Forumsros, I'm getting this tattoo on my forearm. So I got a few questions for you

Hey Sup Forumsros, I'm getting this tattoo on my forearm. So I got a few questions for you.

Also, general tattoo thread.

Is 360 bucks too much for this? I'm paying 120 an hour and they said it would take 3.

Does it hurt? It's my first tattoo but I don't expect the pain to be so unbearable.

How big inches-wise will this be? 360$ can be a steal or a robbery, depending on the artists work. Have you checked out his other stuff? It hurts, no way around it, especially if you get it on your under arm. You become accustomed to the pain after a bit. Pic related.

YOU ARE NOT PREPARED

I talked to the guy and it would cover up most of my forearm. I don't really knoe inches-wise, but it would be something like this I guess, maybe a bit bigger though. Also, awesome tats!

That looks pretty intricate it wont turn out the same on your forearm unless you have massive arms.

It's like any other art, op. If you think his or her work is worth $360 then pay it, otherwise haggle or go elsewhere. Yes of course it's going to hurt, don't be a pussy.

And why am I not prepared? I mean, I talked to the artist already, he told me when I come to make an appointment we'll talk about eveything I need to know.

I'm not, just asking how much it hurts, not really a fan of needles, but I can take pain pretty well, I think

It sort of feels like burning after a while, it's not so bad. Anyway what's wrong with needles you little bitch?

Hello hello. Price depends on where you go obviously. I have something very similar in size, and detail (lots of fine lines, and sketchy but sharp) also in the same location. It took about an hour and a half. Also, the price was £50 an hour, and the guy I go to is one of the better artists in my town. Now, that's about $70 in your Ameribucks, so yes, $120 an hour is expensive, But, 2-3 hours is a pretty good estimate. Also yeah tattoos hurt, but I think when you're done you'll want to sit back down and do it again. It is a good pain, when you get used to it it's enjoyable.

I think you'll be okay with the pain, just power through it. Bring gum or something to distract you. CHECK OUT THEIR WORK BEFORE YOU PULL THE TRIGGER ON IT. IT WILL BE ON YOU FOR LIFE. MAKE IT COUNT.

Also, get ready for the pain as it goes closer to your elbow-pit

They said my arm would be big enough. And yea, this is how big I'd like the tattoo to be.

It will turn out fine, the design is intricate but it is done in a way that will be tattooed well. He'll pint it right out and transfer it, and you'll get to see it on your arm before he even does it . I'm this guy and here's what I have.

Also, when they ask you how big it is, say you want it to fit, but also "be as big as it needs to be". They'll know how big it needs to be for the details to get in there. Mine is bigger than I wanted originally, but it's as big as it needs to be and I love it and get complimented on it all the time.

Okay so here's one of her better works they uploaded on their site. Looks pretty good to me, and also seems like she could pull this off without fucking it up. I mean, looking at this makes me think that she'd do a really good job.

And yea, about the pain, some friends told me that the first few pokes are bad but it gets bearable after a while

Oh man that's tight. Childe Roland to The Dark Tower came, son.

Got this on my upper arm/shoulder. The parts with bone behind hurt a bit more, but overall it was pretty ok.
Sortof like a bad case of tingling like when you've sat on the toilet for too long and can barely walk anymore.
Like the others said, check out the other works they did, talk with people that got tats from the same shop etc.
This one cost me €100 iirc

Thanks man, I love it.

Yea I told them something along those lines. Like, make it as big as it can fit on my arm with the details still intact. The tattoo does have a lot of details, mostly the horns and I wouldn't want it to look like a doodle.

3 hours seems too long. also get something you won't regret

Nice one man. My dad is a big King fan and got me into reading, Dark Tower is both his and mine fav. I'm thinking of getting "I will remember the face of my Father" or something similar tattoo'd to honor my dad.

It looks fucking amazing!

And I think my decision is final, not gonna back down from it now.

Oh yeah, again, OP here. We all mostly get our tattoos for their symbolism, can anyone actually read symbols well? Or actually tell me if they know this girl from some mythology or any actual background she has. Google can't find anything about her.

I did manage to scoop up some meanings behind the individual parts like the roots meaning strong ties to the past, the cross being faith, etc.

It'sjust some nice art from what I can tell. Certainly the roots and horns can have certain connotations, but I doubt anything is going on in this picture besides being a trendy sketch.

I dont think thats too much, Im getting the attached photo on my arm soon for a similar price