Was this the last album to innovate with guitars?

Was this the last album to innovate with guitars?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=-bZZ0XKvfuI&ab_channel=StrangeWilds
youtube.com/watch?v=X9lhrsB2GXA
youtube.com/watch?v=0OieM2Lv9z0
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

and this was 1991

our daily St. Vincent shill thread

They start these fake ass threads just so the pic in the OP is in the catalog

I fucking hate the shill meme. It probably is the worst thing to happen to this website, completely irradicating any form of legitimate discussion, it keeps people like you from asking yourself questions as to why you don't like something. I've been browsing Sup Forums since 09 and the only real shills I've ever come across are people who shill their own music via bandcamp and SoundCloud and people who post shit tier meme rap (x comes to mind as a more recent shill attempt)
I'm asking a legitimate question but fags like you make the conversation completely one sided.

ok shill

fuck off dick.

when you post the same 10 artists all day everyday do you really think no one can put 2 and 2 together?

>street vincent
>innovate
lamo

the shill meme is annoying but there's literally a guy who posts that st vincent album in almost every thread where it's remotely applicable
like this one

now the guy who really gets on my nerves is the one who is obviously from Sup Forums and calls bands like fucking SWANS shills

>shill meme
fuck off yet again.

Your legacy media's dying breaths.

>bands like fucking SWANS shills
No, SWANS aren't shills, they are shilled.

Try and keep up (jk....you don't fool anybody)

You should of asked "innovative guitar records" just to avoid the inevitable animosity. Sadly this is a great album that newfags don't give a chance because of all the waifu threads and hate threads that have soiled At. Vincent's reputation. This is by far her best album. It's very beautiful and has some great guitar riffs. Surgeon and Cruel's riffs are too catchy and fun to not like. The Guitars on Champagne Year and Chloe in the Afternoon are very pretty in a dark and jazzy way respectively.

stop talking to yourself nigga

Its all because fucking Eminem decided to release a new album and dragged the Sup Forums kids here with their shitty fucking memes

>>>/reddit/
>>>/rthe_donald/
>>>/anywhereelse/
you know nothing about Sup Forums's music or board culture
nice reddit frog you fucking degenerates, in the real fourth reich you'll be the first ones to go

>dabbing In April
Go back to September you frogposter.

Im not heres a different Strange Mercy pic.

Sorry didn't quite know how to phrase it
And yea this is definitely her best album. Actor a close second.
It's just filled to the brim with great progressions, guitar tones, and some fucking wacky ass solos that you won't hear on any other pop record.

>>a real job, or a quick suicide

the shills are doubling down!

They're super serious about crating the false illusion that St. Vincent is important/popular.

Yeah those solos are very tongue in cheek. They contrast with the lyrics and tone of the album more subtly than Actor's solos and riffs. That's what make them so enjoyable. Especially on the first listen.

Don't respond to something thats unimportant then. It's obvious OP isn't a waifufag because of the lack of pics. He's just a guy wanting to discuss an album he enjoys. Not troll each other like half the other threads.

why are you obsessed with all these "shill" musicians? can't you just ignore them?

Sup Forums has less than 1000 daily posters. are you aware of this? no one would waste their time "shilling" here aside from obscure bandcamp artists.

kys. you know you want to. just do it. be free

This album has great production too. I love the way the guitars sound like horns on Dilettante. That little 5 second riff that splits the two parts of Year of the Tiger sounds so good for something so easy to play.

they make you keep going huh?

Samefag here. Just wanted to add that the guitars sound like horns on Year of the Tiger too.

Yeah. I know what I'm talking about. I'd rather talk about an album I enjoy rather then shitposting bad frog memes on a lazy sunday.

360 degrees of shillery!

IT'S JUST A LOVE THING

you're the only shill in this thread, user

kek. I bet around 95% of St. Vincent threads are pure shill.

I hate it when people get all hisptery about this shit. listen to METZ and Strange Wilds if you need to be reminded that good music exists. And for the love of god stop listening to shit you dont like.

youtube.com/watch?v=-bZZ0XKvfuI&ab_channel=StrangeWilds

>I bet around 95%
at least. prob closer to 100%

>"""innovate"""
as if novelty is the only rubric

stop replying to yourself

METZ is shitty garage rock. I've never felt whiter than when I was listening to it.

Didnt know it was a race thing.
if were talking innovation then well theyre doing things differently than its being done now so.

It's not a race thing sorry. I'm just saying they sound like an average garage band. Just nothing innovative.

Pics or it didn't happen.

youtube.com/watch?v=X9lhrsB2GXA

>Obviously I like St. Vincent. She is definitely a modern rock'n'roll band in my eyes. She makes some beautiful music. Have you heard "Cruel"? It's unbelievably good. So beautiful! It's classic. Magnificent melody, and to hear it live, especially, it's awesome. She has several songs of that quality. So she's a great band.
-Neil Young on St. Vincent

I thought this too, then I heard her pleas for intersectional global feminism... still a good song even though I now see the stupidty of the espoused (get it spoused...) hobbesian trap, the subtly apprehensive pathology of victimhood...
no says Pinocchio

My Sup Forums nigga.

Shill bump

You talkin shit about St. Vincent?

There is absolutely nothing that sounds like this

youtube.com/watch?v=0OieM2Lv9z0

see as well as
white suns - totem
sun araw - belomancie
komara - s/t
stabscotch - uncanny valley