Be American

>Be American
>Build a huge city of 4 million people in the middle of desert.

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/History_of_Los_Angeles
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Los_Angeles
youtube.com/watch?v=uQuvp63L6Rk
ted.com/talks/james_howard_kunstler_dissects_suburbia
twitter.com/AnonBabble

The Los Angeles area was producing literally 25% of the world's oil in the early 20th century, that's why it grew so fast when it's in the middle of the desert. It was basically the Dubai of the West.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/History_of_Los_Angeles

Perfect climate, desu senpai uggu kawaii doggo.

Nothing wrong with building LA there. Just get the libcucks out.

fun fact: we build things to cover/hid our oil pumps from plain sight

It's hilarious that this is all it takes. Imagine if those things were visible, all the celebs would be stopping by every morning to take a picture and write an instagram post about how they were literally shaking.

thats a picture of los angeles OP

Also, the desert is comfy af
>not wanting to leave secluded from everyone else

there's some in plain sight, but you really dont see a lot of them so nobody really gives a shit about them.. that and celebs are idiots. they just spout whatever's fashionable at the mo to fit in to be part of the cool cocksucking club. that being said, ryan gosling's cool

I think he knows that, which is why he said "4 million people"....unless something crazy happened in Phoenix and their population quadrupled overnight.

It's Phoenix, AZ and Phoenix has an horrible climate.

Phoenix has a great climate

>No snow
How could you even live over there

With its suburbs, Phoenix has indeed 4 million people.

Which one? We did that like three times.

>45°C in summer
>Great climate

>It's Phoenix, AZ

No, that's Los Angeles, CA. Reverse image search it if you want.

Yeah, but you don't count suburbs in a city's population. You just count the city itself. Otherwise Chicago has like 10 million people, when in reality it's only 1/5 that size.

that is a picture of los angeles, not phoenix.

Phoenix, Tucson, Las Vegas, even smaller cities like Victorville. No wonder these cities run out of water.

its la , the image is on the top of la's wiki page

Hell, at this point like half of our biggest cities are out in the middle of nowhere.

>LA
>San Antonio
>Dallas
>Vegas
>Phoenix

>when europeans talk about our country like they know what's up and they think this picture is LA

laffin

It really isn't that bad, much better than shit like the south where it's 90 with 200% humidity

Explain this shit

I live in phoenix and that is not phoenix, also our climate is amazing

LA is not a desert retards. Las Vegas is.

I went to Albuquerque one summer and the climate was strange. It was like 90F each day and was kinda hot in the sun but some days there was intense wind from the mountains that was really cold.

Are you stupid? Humidity in the air acts like misters basically, it cools your body down.

nice bait

>One of the biggest city of the US is a dozen of buildings surrounded by a sea of little houses

Really makes me think

The real Phoenix skyline is even less impressive

I would rather live in a little house than an apartment

here's another fun fact: you can slide down from the 70th floor to the 69th floor on a glass slide on DTLA's soon to be second tallest building

Yep. It's a terrible place, and I don't understand why people live there. I even like the desert, but that place is hell.

(You)

I suggest you go to the Amazon and test that theory of yours out :^)

American cities are planned but not as directly as other countries would.

jesus fucking christ

This. I'd rather have room for a family and a,yard and a dog than a shitty cramped apartment

>Americans dont recognize their 2nd largest city
How ignorant and stupid can you even be people? I thought you just have 0 knowledge when it comes to other countries but you don't even know basics about your own.

Seattle and SF are the only western US cities with distinct skylines. Besides, only people in LA like or care about LA.

I don't think you realize how much we don't care (people on both coast) care about the other side of the country the size of a continent.

Do you recognize a skyline picture of Valencia or Minsk?

La is not in a desert you dumb cuck. It is by the ocean and really green

Being next to an ocean doesn't mean it's not a desert, and it's green because it's irritated.

Irrigated*

no. most of it is naturally green, a few parts are desert but it is green area, retard

> ameridumbs dont even know which are their cities

i hope they calculated load for amerifat and not only tourist

that's LA...the real desert is on the other side of the mountains.

Los Angeles isn't in a desert. It is Mediterranean and as you move inland it becomes oak savanna. It doesn't become desert until you hit the Morongo reservation in the valley between mount San Jacinto and mount San Gorgonio going eastward.

That being said. It is still way too dry for the population it has. So Cal should have stayed low population. Suburbia was a mistake.

>Las Vegas doesn't have a distinct skyline

you're an idiot. also LA, SD and Denver are pretty distinct too.

10/10 post.

So-Cal would be the nicest place in the country if they cap'd it at 3-5 million people.

kill all cuckifornians tbqh

Hell we could probably take more than that if we weren't all chucklefucks who think the water is infinite and that we need that suburban lifestyle.

You seem upset. Here take this picture of a puppy. Calm yourself down a little.

Noice

If this was in China we'd have a spectacular liveleak vid within a few weeks.

It's LA, you fucking snail-eating white flag-waving, garlic-munching smelly cunt

There's no way in hell that's Phoenix
There's no mountains that close to downtown

top fucking kek

That's a cute puppy.

another fun fact: the richest museum in the world is located here

Almost 300 years and countless attempts later the burger has yet to figure out how to develop a proper city

You mean a cramped overcrowded place like NYC or SF?

Lets see some nice Canadian cities then, bud

Canadians cities are autocentric sprawl shitholes as well.

I sure can recognize the Los Santos skyline

yeah, no, count me outta that one

if toronto is anything to go by then yes

I've lived in Phoenix my whole life. I have only seen snow twice in my life.

This is incredible! But I would never try it.

its pretty fun and only last like 5 seconds.. see the vid

youtube.com/watch?v=uQuvp63L6Rk

thats not phoenix you fool, thats salt lake city

Why thank you.

> 70th floor to the 69th floor
only one floor? why doesn't it go all the way down. would be fun (to watch a video of someone doing that, not me).

see for the video lol

cause would be expensive and potential clogs of humans in the middle lol

Yep. That's how they roll.

>not defying Mother Nature every chance you get

FYI there's only one good part of Arizona and it's called Flagstaff

It's desert climate, dry heat is perfectly tolerable.

t. arid climate dweller

lol

Nobody who lives in phoenix is from phoenix, real Phoenicians leave. IDK why so many old white people want to live in a desert.

It's not even that good here
t. flagstaff

>IDK why so many old white people want to live in a desert.
The dry heat preserves them, like the Egyptians of old.

4 million deaths when SHTF

it's still 10000x better than Phoenix. Arizona as a whole is pretty shitty 2bh, besides gun rights.

makes me sick
ted.com/talks/james_howard_kunstler_dissects_suburbia

>For the elderly, particularly arthritis sufferers, the subtropical desert climate of Arizona is ideal.
Fucking snow birds.

heh not just china. in canada there was this huge lawyer building with a glass wall on a high up floor. this one guy kept trying to impress people by how strong it was by RUNNING HEADFIRST into it. then one day he does it and he pushes the frame out and falls

Wow that looks really neat.

nice bait there friendo

almost got me there