>the sundays reissue
>animal collective live ep
>iron & wine single
>ike reiko reissue
>popol vuh cobra verde soundtrack
>bonnie "prince" billy single
poorfags get out

>reddit store day

I'd rather get headlice than buy a bunch of limited edition Record Store Day crap.

This constant flood of limited editions and gimmicks, used album prices through the goddamn roof, and bizarre reissues is like baseball cards or comic books in the 90s. It won't end well.

Let's also not forget:

>Lots of new record stores opening
>New pressing plants being built

It's going end horribly for people who don't get out soon.

there's literally nothing in the RSD list that interests me enough to wait in line to pick them up. Will probably go through a few stores in the afternoon for their regular-stock sales though.

If I can get the Dark Crystal soundtrack I'll be happy, that's all that interests me this time around

Do you guys actually just buy records as "collector's items" and not to listen to them?
The selection is actually decent this year, there's plenty of stuff that's worth getting/listening to

I stopped buying vinyl about 8 years ago.

>buying records

why?

>listening to all your music on a laptop
It's nice to actually be able to hold what you're listening to once in a while

>Anything new being put out on vinyl was being digitally mastered, so it was like you were buying a CD pressed onto vinyl
>Prices for old records started shooting up
>It became a lot harder to find good records at thrift stores and garage sales

Im interested in The Offspring S/T repress and Big L EP. Probably won't get them because the price will probably be too much.

>commodity fetishism

Literally nothing. The last good RSD was, what, 2014? I haven't even been to a physical record store in years. My local always had shit prices and shit selection for new stuff. Their bargain bin wasn't bad ($1 a record, or $10 for 12 records), but it had about 50-50 chance of being unplayable. I ignored the signs, dedicated to "supporting my local". The last time I went, one of the new employees was talking to his coworker about getting fucked by his boyfriend. I walked in, looked around for a few minutes, walked back out, not once did they give any indication they knew I was there, and he kept telling this really graphic story the entire time. It went out of business a few months later, and I get all my records off Discogs.

Enjoy your shitty 320 mp3s, commieshit

Are there any reissues of actual good albums that needed them to be affordable for home listening? Most of these limited editions seem pointless to me, I didn't browse the whole list. I just want more reissues of albums that cost £100+. Even moreso for albums valued at £250. I'm not a collector I just want my favourites on vinyl

There's a first-time pressing of a soundtrack Thelonious Monk did for a 1960 French movie, that's definitely worth checking out

>implying I don't only use lossless formats

Oh yes, now that's definitely something interesting, thanks man

>implying I

Nothing because there's no RSD in brazil

>Anything new being put out on vinyl was being digitally mastered, so it was like you were buying a CD pressed onto vinyl
Being digitally mastered to vinyl does not always equals being CD-quality, most of the time they use higher-fidelity files. However, most labels are guilty of using actual Red Book CDs. Analog tape transfers to digital is another story.
>Prices for old records started shooting up
It did increase the price, but it's not that much different from the vinyl prices from 30-40 years ago, adjusting to inflation.
>It became a lot harder to find good records at thrift stores and garage sales
True.

>t are going to pick up for RSD 2017?
TB, the plague, aids........

but that's what I'm saying, there's nothing in the RSD list I have any particular interest in listening to. Hence why I'll just wander in later and pick up some things on sale that I *will* listen to.

Seems like a bit of a pisstake, I can't even find out what shops are ordering for the day

I'm not chancing going to one and then losing out on the chance to get the record I actually wanted at another store as everyone rushes in at opening

>It did increase the price, but it's not that much different from the vinyl prices from 30-40 years ago, adjusting to inflation.

Yeah, but the fun was that the records were reasonably cheap. Even used Beatles albums in horrible condition are like $25+ at record stores these days. They weren't even $10 10 years ago.

Never mind the second part, didn't read the "old records" part.

So yes, it's a bitch.

Payin the dues

Art Blakey =! Thelonious Monk
The film had contributions from both Blakey and Monk, but only the former's score was released on a record

Once again, you've posted Blakey.
Both he and Monk made music for the film. Only Blakey's score has been released.

you just got your shit pushed in like 5 times, quit replying to him, faggot

Nothing has appealed to me for the past few RSDs except for The Pod and Lush reissues, which I picked up. I usually check out the in-store performances though.

bump

I'm pissed as fuck that the Spacemen 3 re releases are UK only . But at least there's an Air record on there

>320
>implying that's less quality than you'd get on a record

Air is only singles unfortunately, still kind of want to grab though because I love them.
I want the AnCo release and the 池玲子 album, maybe the Talking Heads split as well.

>池玲子
>only 1 copy for sale on discogs at $746.82
damn

bump

Add to that the fact that record stores are always jam-packed with people on RSD, making it impossible to thoroughly hunt through bins.

Visiting my local record store once per week is enough for me, but I'll probably skip over visiting it on RSD because I don't want to deal with the bullshit of trying to find a parking space and spending an hour or so in the store to find nothing interesting.

if the Iron & Wine single is getting a run of 400 copies, how many would I expect my local store to get? is it realistic to hope that me and my buddy i'm going with might both get a copy?

Ask the owner if they ordered any.

It's a run of 1200 last time I checked, bruv
>but that's in america, i don't know if it's only 400 in the uk, if that's where you are lmao

>a capitalist invention started by Dave Grohl and other corporate suits wanting to squeeze more money out of working class music fans

if you give a shit about vinyl and aren't a dumb normie teenager you will just use discogs at roughly 1/4th the price and in the exact same condition

>dude making money is bad lmao
>dude supporting the artists is bad lmao
Nobody here actually buys the picture discs, buddy

kys corporate shill, artists do not profit from these and the ones that do are swimming in money

the fact that your argument is a meme is pretty indicative of your lack of substance

Nice reddit spacing, newfag
Pretty sure Metz, Will Oldham, nor Mission to Burma are "swimming in money"

bump

>evil greedy invisible establishment overlords have the singular goal of exploiting the poor working man

If the world was as black and white as you fellas make it out to be, it'd be a lot more entertaining.

Nothing, because all that limited edition garbage is just that, garbage.
If I want artificially rare shit, I'll hit up Bandulu or some label.

moondog

Sun Ra
Zappa
Claypool/Lennon maybe

record store day has been getting worse and worse over the years. ive worked in a record store for about 8 years now and the releases just get worse over time. it's no longer about the record stores but about selling really limited records for absolutely stupid prices in the hopes of making mad cash. the stores themselves dont profit from this at all.
the people flipping the records also dont help the cause at all.

that being said, im glad theres a re-issue of lexicon devil. might keep that one if it comes in to the store. i've been looking for that single for a while.

I buy it as nice collector's items, they're pretty damn nice.

Not much from the list of exclusive record store day vinyls that interest me.

Bump

Mark Mulcahy
Asobi Seksu
Cocteau Twins
Maybe some of the V/A stuff. Not super thrilled about this year's lineup.