Any Military fags around? Need some help. My best friend is facing a possible dishonorable discharge...

Any Military fags around? Need some help. My best friend is facing a possible dishonorable discharge, I was of the impression that this wasn't a that big a deal beyond army service and this would just fuck any future army career for him. Dude is losing himself in a bottle saying his life is ruined. I wanna help but how fucked is he?

It looks about as nice as a felony.

What'd he do?

QUADS

Check em

Dishonorable discharge only given in court martial. You sure he doesn't mean "other than honorable" or "for bad conduct"? If it's actually dishonorable, that means he got convited of a serious crime and is fucked.

My buddy is getting chaptered with an other than honorable discharge for pissing hot.

What did he do?

That dishonorable will show up in every background. He'll never get a good job. He might as well have gone to prison. I guess he shouldn't have been a piece of shit and taken his duty seriously. Fuck em.

what's pissing hot

Is fraudulent enlistment a dishonorable discharge?

fail a drug test

GET OUTTA HERE WITH YOUR PERSONAL ACCOUNTABILITY

Smoked weed a few days before a drug test.
I.e. they found THC in his urine.

no. that's an administrative discharge.

I should have guessed that

if you get caught, yes.

Is that as life fucking as a dishonorable or can you still get a job with that?

Well it's the lowest form of dicharge, leading to court martial. He'll lose benefits. What did he do?

Actually not true. Most people won't know exactly what is it and he is in the least serious of the bad classifications. I think he loses VA benefits though.

A Bad Conduct Discharge AKA a Big Chicken Dinner and a Dishonorable Discharge both carry a felony with them. It fucking sucks. Don't do drugs while in the military, it's that fucking simple.
Source: Marine Corps veteran and master of scuttlebutt.

Exactly... Fucking idiot! I don't understand how people can be so stupid.

Did any of you fags know about the court martial for Scott Boie @ Elmendorf AFB, AK?

Gay ass marines

Having advised and/or defended more of these cases than I can remember, I'll tell you this:
1. Your friend has ruined his military career. It used to be that a good JAG and a sob story would get you a second chance, especially if you have some deployment time already. Not anymore.
2. Whether his life is ruined is up to him. Considering he pissed away the easiest job in the world for weed, chances are he lacks the fortitude to pick ip the pieces and recover. I forsee welfare and failure in his future.
3. How fucking hard is it to not smike weed? Joes who pop hot are literally human trash. Get him out of my Army.

>719373333

He got into a fight with a superior officer. Apparently some words were exchanged and it came to blows, my friend broke the guys nose. Who is now saying it was unprovoked.

veteran and VA benefit counselor here

your friend would lose some important benefits, especially GI Bill. He would also be ineligible for numerous programs in case of emergencies and would disqualify his spouse or future spouse from benefits after he dies.

He can generally kiss any careers in government or government-related fields goodbye, and will never hold a security clearance. Other than that, most private employers will likely never ask.

A lot of guys, when they're in the military, have a hard time with the concept of life in the civilian sector. The transition can be difficult but the anxiety is the worst.

Just paper work, you can get it reviewed and changed/upgraded it just takes a little time. They dont even look at documents most times just upgrade it.
Till then id recommend he do contracting in Afghanistan and make like 200k a year first 93,500 or something like that tax free.

Well there you go. He deserves every bit of what's coming to him. Maybe he can drive a cab or work at a liquor store.

Fighting an officer.... he's so fucked

Do you think they will give him a second chance. he did two tours. Afghanistan and iraq,. You are a jag officer I take it?.

>fight with a superior officer

to bad the superior officer didnt kick his ass,the military really has gone to shit thanks to left wing pussies

Implying he's good enough to run with PMC's... They still run a chain of command, and the fact that is guy hit a superior, becomes a liability.

If he struck an officer he could be looking at hard time in the brig. We just had a guy get 6 years for hitting his superior.

This is definitely not the case, in my experience. Those who I have referred to the discharge review boards have faced lengthy processes of written statements and digging through ancient records. It is still highly recommended to have professional representation.

As for contracting, those high paying jobs are far less abundant than they used to be. I went for about 175k/yr after getting out over 5 years ago. The same job is now paying less than 125k and I've met a lot of people who go over for well under 100k.

OP here

..Jeesus Christ...

there would have been more serious charges than that to merit time

Are you high? DD is the worst you can get.

The types of discharges, from best to worst:

1) Honorable

2) General - is an admin discharge. You don't meet the standards. You're a fuckup. aka General under honorable conditions

3) Other Than Honorable - admin discharge for things like security violations, use of violence, adultery, and civilian convictions. You're more than a simple fuckup...you're a piece of shit.

4) Bad Conduct Discharge - usually involves prison time and loss of all benefits. More often than not includes felony offenses.You're not just a piece of shit...you're a lowlife piece of shit.

5) Dishonorable Discharge - involves crimes like rape, murder, and treason. Usually includes felony convictions and lengthy prison sentences. All benefits are forfeited and under federal law you lose your right to own a firearm (even without a matching felony conviction, a DD automatically bars you from owning firearms). You're not just a lowlife piece of shit...you're the dregs of society unworthy of licking the dogshit off a cop's boot.

There's also something called ELS (Entry Level Separation) for recruits deemed unsuitable for military service (i.e. inability to adapt). These individuals are typically identified within the first 6 months and released because they're just not cut out for military service, or they were injured before completing initial training. This isn't so much a discharge as it's a free ride home. You receive no benefits. In the eyes of the military, you basically never served.

i was AF so after a year or so it didnt matter

entire squadron would be changed.

OP here, this is the kinda help I was looking for.... so with a good lawyer he should be able to get off with just a "other than honorable" ? While not drunk, I know he wasn't high but he had consumed some alcohol at the time of the incident.

Even if he wasn't drunk, it's going to be an alcohol related incident as well. It's different with every branch but I'm only speaking from what we do in the AF.

His fucked whatever he did must of been stupid af being real i had few old friends that got dishonored for saying rasict jokes thats about it military takes zero tolarance to childsih shit

btw the discharge well notify company or union basically if his trying to land a got job whatever comapny this looking in to theyll know what was his discharge so yeah tell him good fucken luck tbh his better off as a public security, programs as 21 century, blm, or try firefighters academy, or police some wont care enough depending where you live at tbh but yeah shit like that not great carrers but is something btw this carrer jobs are stepping stone their not dead in jobs

i've always been in this one military

It depends how far his command wants to take it.

There are multiple degrees of NJP (non-juducial punishment). These are called Article 15's (Navy calls it Captain's Mast). There are Summarized, Company Grade, and Field Grade Art 15's with punishments that include combinations of forfeiture of pay, confinement to barracks, demotions, and eventually discharge (typically General discharges) if the behavior continues.

Serious crimes lead to court-martials. Refusing to sign an Article-15 also automatically upgrades to a court-martial but I've never seen anybody stupid enough to take it that far.

Sounds like your buddy is looking at a court-martial but Army punishment can be inconsistent. I've seen instances of soldiers hitting NCO's getting 30 days in Mannheim (Army jail in Germany) then return to their unit, but a friend of mine put a padlock on his roommate's unlocked wall locker to keep him out of trouble and was sentenced to 2 years for theft of gov't property because there was a helmet/gear inside. UCMJ is all fucked up (and hitting NCOs/officers isn't that common).

The best piece of advice I can give is to just accept that the military justice system operates on the principal of "guilty until proven guilty". Hope for the best but expect the worst.

Fuck his ass, tell him you love him.
This will help for sure

In addition to there being different types of Article 15's, there are different types of court-martials with different structures.

A Summary Court-Martial involves just one officer.

A Special Court-Martial involves a judge, defense, prosecutor, and three officers on a jury. This can lead to up to 12 months in jail and Bad Conduct Discharge

A General Court-Martial is similar to a Special except there are five members of the jury and punishment can include a Bad Conduct Discharge, Dishonorable Discharge, and even the death penalty.

Well, user.
If he did the right thing then what is the problem?
Only dumb animals (aka. tools) are serving the military.
Just tell him to leave the army and live like a normal person.

Usually when the military wants to remove someone they'll stick some easy discharge on them that doesn't require a court martial, dishonorable requires one in most if not all cases. These cost time and money, and most commanders who didn't take the incident personally don't want to give them out unless truly necessary.

However, your idiot friend just punched of their people, some commanders are actually pretty shallow and take that offensively for some petty reason. It also shows that your friend is crazy or has anger issues, no amount of words should ever result in violence, especially against your superiors. I'd need more context to understand, but if it was something as simple as belittling or insulting then your friend probably deserves the discharge for deciding that using his fists was the only solution in a game of using words.

Your friend SHOULD be given access to legal help, it'll be on his base, tell him to ask his first shirt about it, though legally they HAVE to tell him that when punishing him. (Should is a keyword here btw) Some are good, some are bad, its really strange but your friend should talk to these people religiously anyways to help make decisions on his game plan for his court martial, my honest opinion is to throw himself to the court and try to explain his reasons, which I would like to hear as well. I mean, if all that happened was

>You're shit soldier/marines/airman/gayman
>No you're shit
>I can ruin your career for that!
>DEMS FIGHTING WORDS
>punch

Then I can't really see how he can save himself, maybe they'll go easy and make him attend anger management, or maybe his commander will take the easy road and "suggest" that he see a mental "health" doctor to "Help" him with his "problem", by that I mean they'll get some doctor to bullshit diagnosis your friend with something to medical discharge him, this will be faster and cheaper for everyone in the long run, and maybe the best bet if being separated.

>Alcohol was used

Your friend is fucked.

Military court martial = civilian felony. No voting, no gun ownership, no jobs.

That's an old wive's tale. You have to show the punishment was excessive or the proceedings weren't carried out properly to get a discharge upgraded.

If the punishment was appropriate you won't get an "atta boy" upgrade. They'll just correct what your branch did wrong when you were discharged.