When normies start to find out about your favorite unknown artist and their career starts to take off...

>when normies start to find out about your favorite unknown artist and their career starts to take off, and now you have to stop liking them

What's their name, Sup Forums?

father john misty

I'm not gonna stop listening to him just because he's pitchfork aproved now, but I really like lil peep and I don't like the attention he's getting. it's changing his music. Not digging his new direction. I want more of lil peep part one and cry baby, not this shit on hellboy and castles/II

Kid Cudi and B.o.B
They're both kind of shit now, so it's not all bad

none, i'm not an hipster faggot

American Football

I do the reverse thing, I listen to bands that have fallen into disgrace in the eyes of normies.

Closest I can think of is Beck's Morning Phase.
It's just a shitty, less risky Sea Change and everyone ate it up.
I was willing to cut him some slack when he was putting out worse but more interesting albums. Now I think he is completely creatively drained and not even worth following. That second jolt of fame is going to completely lead him in the wrong direction.

/thread

I haven't stopped liking them but I do get very uncomfortable when I see Swans mentioned
feels less personal

Death Grips. They're a literal meme now

>now

If you're at risk of this happening then you're probably a total pleb. I'm entirely sure that my favorite music will never take off with "normies"

xxxtentacion
$uicideboy$
bones

>caring about a band's popularity
That's the cringiest shit you can do

Really? People still give a fuck about their artist being liked by other people? Jesus. I always love it when my friends try to get into music that isn't just bullshit or """"""indie"""""" or whatever. It gives me more to talk about with them. You ding dongs need to realize that due to the internet and streaming services, people will find those artist you guys hold so dear.

>normies
>le crying wojak

Omg you're such a nerd user xd not like those other normans

iggy azalea
completely serious

The Weeknd during his mixtape days

so much potential but meme status over night

The Smashing Pumpkins

>not being happy that a band/artist you love is finally finding success after years of being on the grind

But...Moon Taxi. I remember them absolutely killing it in tiny college bars in 2007/2008. Fast forward to 2015, and I can't get tickets to their show at a fairly large venue because they've all been bought by 14 year old girls. There were minivans pulling up and dropping off kids who called me "sir" when I asked them if they had extra tickets.

lil uzi

mine wuz Haim, St. Vincent, and Chvrches.

Plus they're all girls so naturally I can't like them

>yfw you realised drake (un)intentionally brought x to the mainstream

People who stop liking an artist just because they get popular are only listening to music as a fashion statement not because they genuinely enjoy it.

delet this.

agreed. his really old stuff was like actually depressing and not "hehehehehehe mommy look im emo xD"

normies can have x. we still have syringe

My favorite artists don't get discovered by normies since I listen to black metal, noise, and dungeon synth

This

>and now you have to stop liking them
says who? I still like Les Rallizes Denudes even though it's become a meme to hate on them because they've become more popular.

Car Seat Headrest
Frankie Cosmos
Real Estate
Mitski
Julien Baker
Angel Olsen

Still like Julien Baker tho

Chance the Rapper
When Acid Rap dropped I rode the hype train so fucking hard telling all my irl friends how he's going to be huge and tried to get people to listen to him.
One girl in particular outright told me how she didn't like it when I sent her a link to Cocoa Butter Kisses and called me a hipster. Fast forward 4 years she's riding Chance's dick on FB sharing every article about him while I stopped listening to his music around 2014.

Manchester on the Sea was one of the most boring films I have ever seen. Can someone explain why people are loving it? Sure, the acting is really good but the film's plot is flatter than a crepe.

Hip-Ster! Maybe you'll have your big break someday smoking with a band member or something.

I don't know why people are loving it in general, but for me Casey Affleck's really subdued performance and the reveal throughout the film of why his character is so bitter and hates life as much as he does and what he went through really worked for me.

Also it's pretty well written.

If you think every film has to have a compelling plot then you truly are a turbo pleb.

Oh yeah, forgot Tame Impala

They went to shit after Innerspeaker anyways

>having a favorite artist

haha fags

30 Seconds To Mars, but that was back in 2004-ish. I haven't touched their stuff since.

That unironically happened to me with Adele.

My father has a weak spot for fat, white ladies and listened to her nonstop during 2006~7, I don't remember, and introduced her to me

suddenly she took off and he never spoke of her again.

frank ocean

These were always corporate normie bait, especially FJM. You do know these people came from wealthy backgrounds no? They're industry plants

>not having favorites

you boring faggot

>watching for plot
The new star wars might be more your speed you dumb redditor.

SALES, but they're still great and not that big yet but still got a hueg spike after the LP

>slightly lesser known artist gets popular
>o-oh no, i have to stop liking them for muh Sup Forums cred
You're listening to indie rock and Rap your fucking goon

Syringe slaps breh. Bill Saber collab wen?

Johnny cash but now hes the biggest meme in music