Does Sup Forums sing along to music when they're alone? What's that one song you just can't help singing along to...

Does Sup Forums sing along to music when they're alone? What's that one song you just can't help singing along to? What albums would you add to this chart?

Please sing your hearts out friends

Other urls found in this thread:

vocaroo.com/i/s14OoQ5YevNr
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

This and ITAOTS are probably the two I sing along to the most

i dig the inclusion of divorce lawyers.

hot fuss is the supreme overlord of singalong music btw, i probably know all those songs by heart

Entry level core edition

Forgot this, plus everything else by Streetlight

Yes! This album came out after the chart was made but for sure it belongs there. Favourite track?

>and then I also forget the pic

Probably Spring/Sun/Winter/Dread or the title track

Hot Fuss is great, I think Bones is my favourite Killers song to sing to but Hot Fuss is just full of great tracks

dude I just wanna say thanks for reminding me about Streetlight, it's been years and im having a nostalgia session with it and a bottle of wine.

You can tell this chart was made before 2014 because Sup Forums didn't disown the against me! album because they released music about being trans

Elliott Smith

Alvvays and anything on Peripheral Vision by Turnover are irresistible to sing along to for me.

I'd definitely add this. I don't think there's anything that's not catchy on there. Abbey Road isn't The Beatles' best album, but honestly all of their albums could be considered earworms.

Not the OP of that post but Human and Jenny Was A Friend of Mine will always be my favorite songs to sing by them. Bones is so fun too.

Here's all my "Probably Know Every Song By Heart Unfortunately"-core list

I used to sing along, but one day I recorded myself so I would know how I sounded and quickly put a stop to that habit

Nice chart man, I preferred the Emotion B sides to the main Carly album though

Haha, no problem man. Streetlight is always great for that

fucking agreed. If I Had a Tail is my shower karaoke jam.

IN THE MOMENT YOU MET

I really liked the B Sides a lot, and I sing that one when it's on too, but they don't have "Boy Problems" on it and "Boy Problems" fucking rules.

If there are lyrics and I pretty much always do. I can't help it. Unless I'm doing a really close listen, in which case I usually don't

I SAT BY THE OCEAN

AND DRANK A POTION BABY TO ERASE YOU

No! Who cares what you sound like, sing from the soul my friend.

vocaroo.com/i/s14OoQ5YevNr

>Spirit Phone
Good shit, Neil is some kind of genius

these are all excellent suggestions and many would be in my own chart of this type so I made one just of stuff not yet posted

Oh nice. Lots of stuff I've never listened to on here.

Something about picking compilation albums seems wrong though

Ah Less Than Jake. Losing Streak, Goodbye Blue and White, and Losers, King, and Things We Don't Understand fucking shaped me.

Goddamnit I hate admitting I was ska loving shit back in the day...

Dude if you can make it through No Eyed Girl, Cabinet Man, or Sweet Bod without belting them out, you're a hero.

Cabinet Man is easily my favourite off the album. For sure, I cannot keep my mouth shut when listening to it

Ska is easy to love, especially before you start really getting into music, it's catchy but third wave ska/punk is all pretty samey and simple so you just eventually grow out of it when you find more interesting music

23 and been listening to third wave ska for the last 12 years of my life. is it too late for me?

>looks up
>Different Class
I'm pleased.

I mean, there isn't anything inherently wrong with listening to ska, I would just think anyone would get bored of it after so long since it doesn't have a lot to offer. You don't ONLY listen to ska, right?

no I listen to other genres too. but i'd say I put on a ska album at least twice in a week and have probably a dozen third wave albums that are personal 9/10s.

This 1000% is my sing along album

To each their own my man, I'm almost jealous that you can listen to it so much without starting to hate it. I'm curious to see what your top ska album choices are though.

And do you not think that the genre has already peaked? I don't see a band releasing a new ska album that's better than anything already out.

This is also how I feel about pop punk, but I would say even that has more diversity than ska

>itaots
>two weezer albums
>oasis
>blur

What the fuck is this list? Terrible tastes general?

Yes! They're from my home city too

Have you ever heard of catchy music, user?

I admit singing to some of these albums. The Avalanches is also great to sing/lipsync to

Avalanches is fun, half the time you're just singing the repeated samples though, not quite a full song.

This, and some Camera Obscura, Carly Rae Jepson, and other pop singles that speak to me

the genre is dead as fuck. I still go to the shows of the bands that still exist - Less Than Jake, Big D, Mustard Plug, Reel Big Fish, Streetlight - but their best albums are far behind them. Other than Streetlight's 2013 album and some local acts I like, nothing has come out since the turn of the decade that's worth a damn. Pop Punk is easily my favorite genre still. I get blasted when I post in /chart/ for it. Anyway here's my top ten ska-punk records:

1. Catch 22 - Keasbey Nights
2. Streetlight Manifesto - Everything Goes Numb
3. Bomb the Music Industry! - Adults!!! EP
4. Bomb the Music Industry! - Scrambles
5. Less Than Jake - Losing Streak
6. Reel Big Fish - Our Live Album Is Better Than Your Live Album
7. The Suicide Machines - Destruction By Definition
8. Operation Ivy - Energy
9. Mad Caddies - Just One More
10. Daly's Gone Wrong - Exit Where You Belong EP
also worthwhile in my opinion are Rancid, No Doubt, Choking Victim, Rx Bandits, Dance Hall Crashers, Arrogant Sons of Bitches, and The Mighty Mighty Bosstones
thanks for asking man. i love this crap to pieces and i never get to talk about it on Sup Forums

oh fuck yes
This was my summer windows-down highway driving album in 2013

I like this list actually, thanks for sharing. I did like The Hands That Thieve but it supports my thinking in that the genre is dead, it sounds like it could have come out in 2003 never mind 2013. Basically what we need is the fourth wave, right? It's about time that the sound was evolved.

As for pop punk you probably deserve to get blasted for it being your favourite genre, the amount of people trying to keep the genre alive is staggering and trying to appeal to this crowd holds bands back. Yeah there is plenty of "good" modern pop punk bands but like ska, I think we are well past the peak.

And no problem my man, I know how hard it is to find a good discussion about something Sup Forums decidedly hates

especially Fever You Can't Sweat Out tho

SWEAR TO SHAKE IT UP

ok tomska

funny story actually. one of my irl buddies sent me tomska's top 10 albums of all time video and his path to discovering ska music - the Digimon soundtrack as a kid, then Reel Big Fish being in flash cartoons - is literally what happened to me and is what i consider to be the first seed developing my taste in music. embarrassing, I know, pleb taste, whatever.
my first name is also Tom

I had to stop listening to it in the car cos I kept speeding

I just discovered Pinkerton and I agree with its inclusion on this chart 110%

Same with me, I think you'll find most people around your age will have followed a similar path. That Digimon soundtrack tho

>itt Sup Forums has a great discussion about ska music and that's totally fucking cool

I honestly didn't know Less Than Jake was int he Digimon movie. It's seriously on my watch list as someone rec'd me it a while ago and I just haven't gotten around to it. But knowing that one of my favorite ska bands was used in there is so cool.

>no one has posted this yet

Sometimes, I like imitating Isaac Brock and putting on a dead strong accent and lisping all the time, especially on the shoutier songs. I don't get why half of those are caughing up blood, I just do a gay impression for Hissing Fauna though Death is Forming is fun as fuck to sing because of how fast it is.

I hear you my man doing impressions is half the fun.

I also like Floridada by Animal Collective for the same fast singing reasons